Place holder for Happy Glamper

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by antlers
Maybe it was a supernatural occurrence. It is said the star moved before the Magi and stood over Bethlehem. Normal stars…or any other normal celestial object…don’t typically move in the sky and then stand above (and mark) a particular location, which allowed the Magi to find the newborn Jesus and present Him with gifts. Doesn’t sound like a normal phenomenon, but more like a supernatural sign.
What's more likely, it was a supernatural event, or a fairy tale?
If Jesus rose from the dead, then GAME ON…! If He didn’t, then we are wasting our time. My faith is anchored to that single, solitary idea that Paul introduced us to over 2,000 years ago: “And if Christ has not been raised, our preaching is useless and so is your faith.”

The event of the Resurrection launched Christianity. It is the very foundation. Not the virgin birth, not the star of Bethlehem, not Jonah and the great fish, and not anything else from the Bible.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Hastings
I wonder how long it would take to get from Persia to Bethlehem on a horse or camel? I wonder what connection they (Magi) had to the Jewish religion. You reckon maybe the Zoroastrians were the parent religion of Judaism? I love the history in the bible but there are a lot of gaps and things left unexplained.

Something snapped in Caerars' head ,it may have been a nagging wife but he had to know how many subjects he ruled over in his vast empire so he sent out word that all were to be taxed and to return to their nativity .All in the empire were on the move ,traveling to their place of birth to be taxed recorded and counted.
That's how Jesus birth was recorded just like ours is by the government . The star was the Eastern Star also called the star of the morning.

All other religions worship a dead savior only Christians have faith in a man ,the son of God who is here alive with us in the Spirit of The Holy Ghost, and will return in the form of a man at some forward date, similar to how he was expected in Bethlehem by the prophets of the Old Testiment .

It was the Germans ( Protestants) who stood up to King Charles V of Spain that brought about the freedoms and liberties we enjoy today Especialy in the United States. In 1520 Charles ruled the newly discovered America, all of Spain Europe and Italy. Charles was a Catholic and liked to obey the disgruntled Pope Clement who of late he had defeated in war yet who together at a place near Rome, planned to eliminate the heretic Protestants by burning them at the stake because they wouldn't any longer send their gold to Rome for indulgences ; payments to rescue their dead wailing relatives from purgatory that the catholics apparently could hear ( and release ).

The Bible ,like computers today at first rare and prohibited , wasn't printed in German (or English ) only Latin until the printing press allowed Luther of Germany to print it for the common German who once read became enlightened and soon most of Germany was aware of a way to shed Rome and the religons of superstition.

Charles was afraid to take on the Germans because the Turks (Moslem Hoards ) were there at the Eastern gate to enter the gap if war broke out in Germany as they had already butchered the King of Austria ,the husbad of Charles sister Queen Maw.

Last edited by Malcolm; 12/10/21.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
[ “And if Christ has not been raised, our preaching is useless and so is your faith.”

Well....yea.....As uncomfortable as it is for you, that's something you should consider.

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 12/10/21.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
IC B2

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Originally Posted by wabigoon
"Faith."

Faith is one thing I’m envious of. Unfortunately I’m too cynical to embrace the concept. Seems like Life would be simpler with it than without it though.

Just ask for, 'IT", you may be pleasantly surprised.

This^^^^^^^^^^^

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
That ain’t the friggin’ Christmas star Grizz....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
“And if Christ has not been raised, our preaching is useless and so is your faith.”
Well....yea.....As uncomfortable as it is for you, that's something you should consider.
It’s not a doubt. It’s clearly a positive affirmation from Apostle Paul. Paul, who was a Pharisee, he knew the Law and the Prophets inside and out, and he loved it. And he arrived at the conclusion that it all rises and falls on the death and resurrection of Jesus. Period. He didn’t say this about anything else…!

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
If you carefully read the gospels for details about it, you will see several things that is is NOT.
It moved ahead of them so it changed position in the sky. As they traveled toward Jerusalem, it was in the west ahead of them. From Jerusalem to Bethlehem, it was in the south, again ahead of them.
It was very low in the atmosphere. In Bethlehem it was low enough to mark 1 specific house to tell them where Jesus was.
So, it wasn't a comet, a conjunction of planets, or anything out of the atmosphere. What it was, nobody can say although many believers think it was likely an angel.

Be careful about the scripture passage where it says they saw the star in the east. That's a translation problem that should have been corrected centuries ago but is still with us. The star was in the west. A better translation would say something like "We, in the east, have seen his star."

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Maybe it was a supernatural occurrence. It is said the
star moved before the Magi and stood over Bethlehem. Normal stars…or any other normal celestial object…don’t typically move in the sky and then stand above (and mark) a particular location, which allowed the Magi to find the newborn Jesus and present Him with gifts. Doesn’t sound like a normal phenomenon, but more like a supernatural sign.
To find the prophecy concerning the star the wise men followed, one must connect the following scriptures--Genesis 49.10 (scepter will not depart Judah), Numbers 24.17 (star of Jacob), Isaiah 7.14 ( a sign of Immanuel) Isaiah 9.1-2 (a great light), Micah 5.2 ( a ruler in Beth-lehem Ephratah), Daniel 9.25 (coming of Messiah), and Psalm 72.10 (kings bring gifts to the son).

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
IC B3

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
[ “And if Christ has not been raised, our preaching is useless and so is your faith.”

Especially when all religions are based on faith.

bcp Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Astronomical article about it.

https://www.space.com/star-of-bethlehem

Bruce

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Coyotes shot no waiting.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Chariots of the Gods

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I can humble myself enough so that accepting things I don't understand of God is not so tough a thing to do. The older I get the more I see the less I really do know and that's fine with me. Things like why does the big dipper empty itself every night and other stars don't move like that. Maybe science has some answers and maybe not. This I do know is that we are not able or meant to understand everything. That's why I have faith in God. The God of creation.

Last edited by Jim1611; 12/11/21.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by slumlord
How fast are flying carpets ?

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
If you carefully read the gospels for details about it, you will see several things that is is NOT.
It moved ahead of them so it changed position in the sky. As they traveled toward Jerusalem, it was in the west ahead of them. From Jerusalem to Bethlehem, it was in the south, again ahead of them.
It was very low in the atmosphere. In Bethlehem it was low enough to mark 1 specific house to tell them where Jesus was.
So, it wasn't a comet, a conjunction of planets, or anything out of the atmosphere. What it was, nobody can say although many believers think it was likely an angel.

Be careful about the scripture passage where it says they saw the star in the east. That's a translation problem that should have been corrected centuries ago but is still with us. The star was in the west. A better translation would say something like "We, in the east, have seen his star."

So an entire religion is based on a big game of telephone.

LOL

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
When faced with what a democrat wants me to believe, or what the basic tenants of Christianity are. I believe the choice is quite clear. Will your heart go left, or right?

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Anybody think it's a parable for navigating via the stars?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wasn't just gold, frankincense and myrrh they were hauling.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

651 members (1936M71, 1badf350, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 75 invisible), 2,544 guests, and 1,285 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,687
Posts18,456,452
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.