Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I double lunged a deer this year and he sprinted away 100 yds or so. I then heard a crash, but he looked pretty normal when running. Found him rolled up under a tree hidden by boulders. I still don't understand how he made it so far.

GB1

B
Buck720 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by SandBilly
My son shot this guy a month ago. Been looking since then.

It sucks, but shît happens.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Mine wasn’t quiet that nice. I couldn’t imagine how that must feel!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
JFC...this used to be a place where a man could get sound advice. Now it's like some kind of game show..

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ltppowell
JFC...this used to be a place where a man coulkd get sound advice. Now it's like some kind of game show..

Can u please not use the Lort name on vane ??

🙏🏼💒⛪️✋🏾

B
Buck720 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
It’s all good I can tell who to take input from and who is full of crap!

IC B2

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Buck720
It’s all good I can tell who to take input from and who is full of crap!

There is already a thread on who is a bullshitter.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
JFC...this used to be a place where a man coulkd get sound advice. Now it's like some kind of game show..

Yeah, that little type of blood trail explanation was a big help.

Moron 🤣

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by SandBilly

Yeah, that little type of blood trail explanation was a big help.

Moron 🤣

It's one thing to be a malcontent. It's another to intentionally hurt other people to make yourself feel better.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Buck720,

A friend did that. At one point he stopped for a break. The deer died and slid down a slop ending up under a nearby tree. The deer was only visible while seated.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

It's one thing to be a malcontent. It's another to intentionally hurt other people to make yourself feel better.

Yeah, because that never happens around here.

LOL
IC B3

B
Buck720 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Most of our land is pine thicket with a little hardwood on the creeks!

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
That's most deer leases! If you're not going to learn to track, maybe you should look at the thread on high shoulder shots!

Living in a world of G17s and 700s, wishing for P7s and 202s
C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
I shot a nice buck this morning. My personal best. He was on a trot chasing some does through hardwoods and brush. Picked an opening and sent it. It took about as long as it takes to say, 2 Mississippi. 300WM at roughly 65 yards. Hair and some funky crap at impact that looked like vomit. Also a smooth piece of well defined muscle about 1.5" in diameter. It bled here and there for a bit, then petered out. I was sure I had a good hit, but because of brush and recoil I couldn't be positive. So I started making concentric circles. I was about to call it when I looked on the other side of the the White Pine that separated us and there he was.

Heart shot and lower lung. That bullet made a mess of both. Only the top half of the heart remained. That buck went 55 yards with half a heart. That smooth piece of muscle? It was the bottom part (apex) of the heart. Never seen that before...blown completely out of the body. Anyway, 15 point non-typical. Pretty happy and better lucky than good.

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
JFC...this used to be a place where a man could get sound advice. Now it's like some kind of game show..

Don't be so mean to game shows, Pat.

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by CharlieFoxtrot
I shot a nice buck this morning. My personal best. He was on a trot chasing some does through hardwoods and brush. Picked an opening and sent it. It took about as long as it takes to say, 2 Mississippi. 300WM at roughly 65 yards. Hair and some funky crap at impact that looked like vomit. Also a smooth piece of well defined muscle about 1.5" in diameter. It bled here and there for a bit, then petered out. I was sure I had a good hit, but because of brush and recoil I couldn't be positive. So I started making concentric circles. I was about to call it when I looked on the other side of the the White Pine that separated us and there he was.

Heart shot and lower lung. That bullet made a mess of both. Only the top half of the heart remained. That buck went 55 yards with half a heart. That smooth piece of muscle? It was the bottom part (apex) of the heart. Never seen that before...blown completely out of the body. Anyway, 15 point non-typical. Pretty happy and better lucky than good.

Would like to see it. Is it posted in a thread already?

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I don’t have much to add on the tracking aspect but good luck- hope you find him tomorrow.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Too late now, but I hope you had a chance to go back in daylight and mark where you hit him and where you found blood (or that you did it during the original search). It's amazing how sign disappears and how things look totally different once you've had a night to re-remember it 100 times.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
This thread wins for most exclamation points! For sure! Like 100%!!

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Buck720
Walking across pine rows with some of the rows 3 foot deep on the sides along with briars up and down on my knees caused me to start cramping like I never have before.

What a pussy, you killed the deer and are to much of a Salley to claim it

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by CharlieFoxtrot

Umm…pics!!?

Camp is where you make it.
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

103 members (16penny, 280shooter, 257robertsimp, 10gaugemag, 1minute, 18 invisible), 1,268 guests, and 846 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,056
Posts18,463,223
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.