Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#16733846 12/17/21
j2dogs Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I feel kind of stupid and I'm sure many people already know this, But just in case there's a few out there that don't know Christiansen arms does not sell to individuals I went to their website which had 15 pages of rifles documented specs prices pictures looked valid to me. I ordered a rifle and they requested me pay through Zelle. It just so happens I didn't have a zella account and so I got ahold of the phone number for Christiansen arms the guy on the other end said tell me you haven't paid yet and I told him I didn't have an account and didn't pay evidently there's a scam Christiansen arm store on line that looks real as the Real McCoy, And their prices were hard to beat. The guy on the other end said they've had attorneys working on this for a long time trying to block them but they always find a loophole and get back on the Internet. He said many people have called wondering where their rifle is only to find out they lost their money. Like I said this may be common knowledge but I thought for the individual like me that didn't know it might save him a Couple of 1000

BP-B6

R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
Thank you!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't think you're stupid at all. Be glad you didn't have a Zelle account at the time. smile

Thanks for the head's up!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Thanks for the heads up!

Rick
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Thank you!!

IC B2

D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
Preciate the heads up.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Thank You, I'm sure you saved someone a lot of grief and aggravation. There are Scammers out there.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thanks for sharing. I wonder if they're out there using other companies brand.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by j2dogs
I feel kind of stupid and I'm sure many people already know this, But just in case there's a few out there that don't know Christiansen arms does not sell to individuals I went to their website which had 15 pages of rifles documented specs prices pictures looked valid to me. I ordered a rifle and they requested me pay through Zelle. It just so happens I didn't have a zella account and so I got ahold of the phone number for Christiansen arms the guy on the other end said tell me you haven't paid yet and I told him I didn't have an account and didn't pay evidently there's a scam Christiansen arm store on line that looks real as the Real McCoy, And their prices were hard to beat. The guy on the other end said they've had attorneys working on this for a long time trying to block them but they always find a loophole and get back on the Internet. He said many people have called wondering where their rifle is only to find out they lost their money. Like I said this may be common knowledge but I thought for the individual like me that didn't know it might save him a Couple of 1000

Friend, glad you didn't get scammed. In your defense I'll say that is one of, maybe the best, fraudulent ecommerce storefronts I've seen.

The only tell I see is they only accept 2 payment options, Zelle or crypto currency.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by skeen
Originally Posted by j2dogs

Friend, glad you didn't get scammed. In your defense I'll say that is one of, maybe the best, fraudulent ecommerce storefronts I've seen.

The only tell I see is they only accept 2 payment options, Zelle or crypto currency.

Yes. That is freaking elaborate. Must be worth the effort for them, though, to keep rebooting it.

IC B3

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Similar sites have been popping up frequently of late. Over the past few months I've come across three different "too good to be true" sites that only accepted weird forms of payment. One specialized in Dan Wessons, another for Makita tools, and a third for hard to find reloading supplies with lots of supposedly in stock powder and primers. All three sites were scams.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Crap man, that's pretty believable.

https://christensenarmstore.com/

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by SKane
I don't think you're stupid at all. Be glad you didn't have a Zelle account at the time. smile

Thanks for the head's up!

^^^^THIS^^^^

V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
Glad they didn't get your money.... With this post you might save someone else a lot of grief 👍....Hb

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Thanks for posting that ... and the Name/Url.
Just a quick tour around the (Fake) site and it read a little "Flat" to me ... lacking
the polish, colors and detail one would expect from a quality rifle manufacturer ?

I did a little sleuthing and it's a Really-Deep Rabbit-hole.
According to a "Whois" report on the sites name, it's registered (through NamesCheapHosting.com) to:

Anonmous (for privacy) <--- Yeah right ! !
1928 E. Highland F104
Phoenix, Az.

Supposedly a Real-Estate "consultant" is sited there, but Google maps shows the exterior of a restaurant ?
Through the BBB, there are over 219 (other) corporations or businesses also registered at that same address ?

They are using a "Frame" attack, to present a look as if they are as the desired web-site,
but when you attempt to purchase and check-out ... they re-route you to/through their own
payment system ... many of the other Scams/companies registerd at that AZ. address
either sell Bitcoin or demand payments in Bitcoin. ( how convenient ? )

Links to/though Newww-York-Ciddy (via a 347 area-code phone number), South America (Columbia + Uruguay)

Can you say SCAM ...
- - -
Kirk - Out

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Thanks for the heads up
People will work hard to steal your money.

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Damn that even looks like their website. Be glad you didn't have zelle at the time.

Camp is where you make it.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
639 members (1badf350, 09wingates, 219 Wasp, 2003and2013, 007FJ, 160user, 65 invisible), 2,565 guests, and 1,182 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,601
Posts18,398,282
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.