Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
kciH Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
The title says it all, any advice? Non-adjustable gas block, A2 stock.

Last edited by kciH; 12/18/21.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." TJ

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing". EB

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
With an A2 stock you only get the buffer that fits the A2 tube. (fixed stock) I am not aware of any rifle buffers that are heavier or lighter. With the M4 stock (collapsible) there are like 4 or 5 levels of buffer weight.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
kciH Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I didn't think about that smile

If using a carbine stock, what would you use?

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." TJ

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing". EB

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Use a standard weight buffer on m4 buffer tubes
A2 setup works fine on carbine gas guns.

If its overgassed with the carbine buffer setup you can use a heavy buffer to help get the ejection where it is needed

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Last edited by TLB2; 12/18/21.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A lot of variables. Run the stock setup first. 350L has plenty of success with std weights.

“When debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser.”
- Socrates
IC B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
Mines adjustable stock but just has a standard buffer. It's undergassed with the cheap white box 145g fmj Winchester stuff. It won't run the bolt back enough to pick up the next round. It does fine with the heavier stuff though. The whole thing has been temperamental and has taken some adjustments to get it running well. Feeding was a reel problem but I worked the m4 feed ramps over pretty well with a round file and then opened up and tuned all the feed lips on my mags.

I had to do some work to find a load that works well and I feel is safe too. I caught several that, despite a deep solid crimp, the bullet set back when chambering. Luckily it was while I was getting the gun figured and I'd pull the bolt back after it chambered and check the rounds so I never touched off what could have been a high pressure dangerous load do to set back.

In the end mine shoots great with great reliability but it took a little work. I worked up a load with a powder there was no data for. I wanted plenty of gas with a full case compressed load to prevent setback. I thought why not shoot for temp stable too. That led me to H4198. Couldn't find data but worked up to a compressed load of it under the 170g Hornady psp. It cycles great, feeds without setback, clocks over 2200 fps from my 16" barrel, and is as accurate as I can expect I could shoot with the red dot sight on it. I need to get back to Texas and light up some pigs with it.

Bb

kciH Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I was contemplating using Lil'gun, looks like I better try some before I load up a bunch of ammo. I'm starting out with that same 170gr Hornady, but have access to the 165gr also.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

574 members (1minute, 1beaver_shooter, 257 roberts, 19rabbit52, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 63 invisible), 2,234 guests, and 1,166 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,211
Posts18,466,188
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.