Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by ol_mike
?? You can go for days without bathing if you wear MW, I'm saving up for some

I am an ex shearer and that is incorrect, what is more it is frigging itchy.

Screw wearing wool.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Once upon a time I worked for a Filson dealer and got a discount, which allowed me to afford a set of Filson merino wool long johns. They feel so good to put on they're illegal in seven states.

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Before Merino, Cabela's used to sell silk long underwear as a base layer to the old scratchy wool. I bought a heavy silk top to go under a Stanfield top...Stanfield, talk about heavy duty and scratchy!

U.S. government was established to represent citizens, NOT TO RULE OVER THEM.
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Yeah, the Filson wool is pretty good. I've got a couple tops. Good stuff!

U.S. government was established to represent citizens, NOT TO RULE OVER THEM.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RickBin
Still itchy.

No can do.

Rick;
Good morning to you sir, I hope that you and all of yours are well as can be despite the way the world seems these days.

I've quoted your reply but see that there's others here who are in the same boat as you and everyone else in my family too. My good wife can't even do cashmere for more than a few hours as she reacts to it. I want to say one daughter does now too, but it might be like my wife who used to be able to do some wool and then one day no longer could.

Up here Costco used to bring in long sleeved base layers of merino that were made in Canada. I tried a couple based on a recommendation from Okanagan here I believe and liked them so much I bought enough to last my lifetime.

Their old trail socks used to be good too, the new ones I picked up last summer weren't as good, but again I bought "a lot" of them so am fixed for a bit.

I live in those Costco Merino base layers from October to March so that more or less tells what I think of them, but for sure I get that some people just cannot which is a pity.

All the best to you all this Christmas Rick.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

IC B2

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by org_Rogue_Hunter
Before Merino, Cabela's used to sell silk long underwear as a base layer to the old scratchy wool. I bought a heavy silk top to go under a Stanfield top...Stanfield, talk about heavy duty and scratchy!

Wool over silk is a great combination for comfort and warmth. I have some the old Cabela's heavy weight silk. It is really good stuff. Unfortunately, nobody seems to sell the heavy weight silk anymore.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

574 members (1eyedmule, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 222ND, 257 mag, 2003and2013, 68 invisible), 2,461 guests, and 1,269 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,675
Posts18,456,224
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.