Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Yeah, you guys might be right. Not sure if I'd stay there. It just depends on the level of insanity that he's dealing with. Some of these commies can be really angry at times.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
GB1

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Her house, her rules.

I predict the gun phobia is only the tip of the iceberg....you will not get along on ANYTHING.

Myself, I just wouldn't go. Nobody would enjoy the trip/visit. I'd let wifey go by herself.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
who was the gay kid that was drug behind a truck years ago....maybe have a t shirt with his photo and caption it with "Life's a drag man"

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Leave the guns in the car, but wear a MAGA hat and tee shirt all the time.....lol

You can switch it up with "Lets go Branden"

Last edited by pullit; 12/21/21.

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Drop off momma, go shooting or hunting for a few days, pick up momma, continue your trip.

I don't allow family members to dictate the terms of my arming policy. It'll never get better if you cave.

Originally Posted by Windfall
I have a dilemma I'm not quite sure how to address. The wife's daughter's wife (I know, I don't like that either) has an absolute phobia about guns. Trouble is we plan to stay with them on our winter trip south. I shoot handguns and sporting clays with my Florida gun club, so I'm not about to leave my firearms home just to placate her. I've assured them that all guns will unloaded, locked in a hard case with a pad lock, chain and that pad locked to part of the car locked in the car. I even took a picture of it and sent it to them. Yesterday she suggested that I give my guns to a police friend of theirs, so that he can haul them around in his squad car. I'm not about to turn over thousands of dollars worth of guns to a complete stranger, cop or not. Suggestions welcome.

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
IC B2

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I have a dilemma I'm not quite sure how to address. The wife's daughter's wife (I know, I don't like that either) has an absolute phobia about guns. Trouble is we plan to stay with them on our winter trip south. I shoot handguns and sporting clays with my Florida gun club, so I'm not about to leave my firearms home just to placate her. I've assured them that all guns will unloaded, locked in a hard case with a pad lock, chain and that pad locked to part of the car locked in the car. I even took a picture of it and sent it to them. Yesterday she suggested that I give my guns to a police friend of theirs, so that he can haul them around in his squad car. I'm not about to turn over thousands of dollars worth of guns to a complete stranger, cop or not. Suggestions welcome.

I think you are missing the issue. Just doesn't just dislike guns, she dislikes men. You are a man. Ergo, she can't stand you, add a gun to the picture and you are literally the enemy. Drop off the wife and go stay somewhere else. Do what you want while you are there. When it's time to go, drive by, pick up the wife and go on the rest of your trip. Haters gonna hate. That's her issue.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I never thought of that Jack. True, now that I think about it she stays by herself somewhere else in the house lots of the time and seldom eats with the wife's daughter and us. We would have gone tomorrow to spend the holidays, but the latest is that they all have the flu, so don't come....yet. That sure works for me. The daughter has a real short fuse that the wife can deal with. I'll tough it through, but probably out in the woods somewhere. I'm sure glad that they don't live any closer. Once down and back is enough.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I never thought of that Jack. True, now that I think about it she stays by herself somewhere else in the house lots of the time and seldom eats with the wife's daughter and us. We would have gone tomorrow to spend the holidays, but the latest is that they all have the flu, so don't come....yet. That sure works for me. The daughter has a real short fuse that the wife can deal with. I'll tough it through, but probably out in the woods somewhere. I'm sure glad that they don't live any closer. Once down and back is enough.

You could always tell her you're feeling a little under the omicron yourself. Problem solved.

First mistake was even allowing her to know you'll be bringing guns. And how is it that she would find this out or confirm it on her own? Given that you don't want to lie and you want to keep your wife happy, your only play (because now the paranoid lib is going to ask) is to leave the guns home and find something else to do while you're there. Or take those guns into your hotel room with you. When I visit the liberal side of my family, the subject of guns is off limits, and that is the only response they get to any such question if they're dense enough to ask. In return, I don't ask them about their drug use, past or present, or what sexual deviant proclivities they might have. The other conflicts are still there, but I can go on about my business.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
She's going to make the stay unbearable no matter what. Might as well stay somewhere else and enjoy yourself.

"Give a lazy man the toughest job, and he will find the easiest way to do it"
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Are you going there to visit family or to shoot guns?

I'd pick ONE and ignore the other.

""Mute the Greeniacs. Open the pipeline. Bury the Russians." - JPR - 2022
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by FreeMe
If you must stay with them and you're okay with storing the guns locked in your car, why was it necessary to even bring this up? There's no point in trying to change her mind IMO, as she is clearly irrational. It's going to take more than just your one visit to straighten her out.

And why, BTW, would you want to stay with someone who's so irrational? My bet is you're gonna have other conflicts as well.

Yep. He is right ya know.

""Mute the Greeniacs. Open the pipeline. Bury the Russians." - JPR - 2022
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
If ya make it, ask her why it is that lesbos hate guys, but alla their sex toys are shaped like dicks.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ignore them and don't bring the subject up.

1Minute
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Moot point now!!! Daughter called tonight and said her "flu" isn't, it's Covid-19 and we aren't going anywhere for a while. Then ten minutes later my step-son called to say that his wife just tested positive. A breakthrough case, but the whole family was there for an early Christmas party on Saturday. Three people there were completely un-vaccinated and probably asymptomatic carriers. Wife and I are getting drive through tested on Thursday. Bad stuff as wife's daughter's kid is too little for any vaccine. Worried in Wisconsin.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Moot point now!!! Daughter called tonight and said her "flu" isn't, it's Covid-19 and we aren't going anywhere for a while. Then ten minutes later my step-son called to say that his wife just tested positive. A breakthrough case, but the whole family was there for an early Christmas party on Saturday. Three people there were completely un-vaccinated and probably asymptomatic carriers. Wife and I are getting drive through tested on Thursday. Bad stuff as wife's daughter's kid is too little for any vaccine. Worried in Wisconsin.

You mean those libs weren't vaxxed?

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Maybe the campfire query(no pun intended) of the year.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Wear a MAGA hat and tell her you think Ron Desantis is doing a great job. That should divert her focus from your guns for a while.

Wag more, bark less.

The freedoms we surrender today will be the freedoms our grandchildren will never know existed.

The men who wrote the Second Amendment didn't just finish a hunting trip, they just finished liberating a nation.
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Get new family for fuqks sakes.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Redneck
Don't 'stay with them', stay elsewhere.... Easy-peasy...

This.^^^

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P

So your implying that one of the 3 unvaxxed were carriers, but did not know they were carriers (no symptoms) and gave it to the vaccinated? Interesting.

Last edited by prplbkrr; 12/21/21.

prplbkrr = Purple Biker

Can't score goals if all you do is pass.
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

162 members (24HourCampFireGuy50, 10gaugemag, 260madman, 338reddog, 31 invisible), 1,235 guests, and 1,015 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,219
Posts18,447,464
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.