Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
H
Campfire Member
OP Online Content
Campfire Member
H
Looking for some first hand experience. It's hard to not be interested for the price. Mainly concerned with reliability over the long haul. Anyone have or know someone in the 2k/3k round count? Also looking at the G3 TORO for mounting a red dot in particular. But I would like opinions on both models. Thanks.

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I can't speak on round count. I had a g2c & put 200 rds through it without a hitch. It shot well & accurately. The blade trigger was a little funky, not the best, but usable. For the price it can't be beat & I'd wager it's better than some higher priced models. Still not sure why I traded it, I'm a bonehead.

Romans 5:1
R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Oddly enough, those are the only Taurus guns that do NOT get a lot of bitchin' about. Everything else they make gets some bad reviews, but I never see any complaints about those,

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Jliveturkey,
Happy Birthday

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Thanks Mr. Pullit, and a Merry Christmas to you.

IC B2

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
QC isn't always great with Taurus.

Honest Outlaw talks about budget guns here. 3 out of 4 Taurius G3 work well, one was a dud.

Vid is worth watching before deciding.

H
Campfire Member
OP Online Content
Campfire Member
H
@jiveturkey. I spoke to 2 different people today that echoed just what you said. 2-300 rounds without a hitch. Happy Birthday

@montana marine. I actully scrolled past that one this morning. I'll check it out.

@ratsmacker. That definetly seems to be the case.

General internet consensus is that the first 300 goes pretty well. It would seem to me that most issues would arise in that amount of time. With most any weapon, I believe. I think they may be worth a shot.

I did look at a g2 and a g3 at the LGS today. I like the wider safety blade that is on the trigger of the g3. Personal preference. Thanks guys.

Last edited by hillbillyjake; 12/22/21.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Paging Cariboujack.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
I have a G2 or 3 still in the box in the top of my safe that I bought from a co-worker a couple of years ago. I forgot I had it until the other day, may drag it out and shoot it just to see, or give it to my daughter.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
I have a G2 or 3 still in the box in the top of my safe that I bought from a co-worker a couple of years ago. I forgot I had it until the other day, may drag it out and shoot it just to see, or give it to my daughter.

IC B3

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Due to the price of ammo, I"ve only got 500 rounds through a combination of Taurus G2c's and G3c's Just to be clear the first model out was the PT111. I picked one up early one and gave it to a friend of mine that has been using it since. The G2c came out with a few "improvements" that were asked for from different Brazillian agencies. They have been extremely reliable, IME. I've made them available to several people and only had one guy complain. He was limp wristing it, and having all kinds of issues. Too many issues to be either the ammo or the gun. We talked about it and I offered to go out with him. After I explained how to hold it (some one else had told him way wrong) he hasn't had any more problems. I had one on a table at a gun show a couple of months ago and every guy who walked buy and noticed it, talked them up and couldn't believe how good a gun they are. The G3c came out next. The c denotes they are compacts. They also have a G3 full size out with both 15 and 17 round mags, depending on the models. I'm sitting here typing with my G3c on my belt. It's there from the time my pants go on in the morning till I go to bed. My FFL guy has gone to carrying the Taurus's and he's a big seller of them. I'm would assume just like with any other manufacturer, there's probably been one or two that have gotten out that had an issue, but what manufacturer hasn't. The last video I saw from Honest Outlaw he indicated that testing these models (testing for him is 1000 rounds) and all three have performed flawlessly. I haven't seen the one MM posted so between me and my FFL and several friends we've been totally happy with our guns. Talking to dealer friends, they say they are one of the top sellers coming through and have had no issues. Sorry I haven't put the number of rounds through them, that would satisfy you. I think it's important to have plenty of ammo on hand just in case. From my experience I would depend on mine with out issues. Point of fact I do. I have made some road trips and counting on them. I holster mine in a Simply Rugged holster that works very well for me. I carry OWB 3:00 carry. No indication I've ever been made.

I forgot to mention the G3 TORO. It's actually the G3c TORO, it's a compact. I had one for a short time, shot just fine. As you know it's got a cut out that you unscrew for a red dot of some sort. Hey, I'm 71 years old and not big on change. I don't see me adding a red dot and trying to learn that whole thing. So I moved it along to someone who wanted to do that. Am I sorry, Not yet, who knows what's later. I didn't play with it enough to give you an educated judgement on it. Sorry.

From what I've seen you can pick up a G2c for around the $250 mark and the G3c for under $300, about the same as the G3. The TORO was a little more as I recall. Not like you are taking a big risk. If you don't like it, sell it to someone. Or better yet, give it to someone, that could use a gun. Take them out and show them how to use it.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I worked the gun department of a local store and they were our best sellers. I believe we had two come back in 3.5 years and one was for damage caused by the owner. A local indoor range rented them and those guns easily hit a couple thousand rounds each year.

I was impressed enough I bought a GX4 to become my "small" carry gun. I have only 643 rounds through it so far but I haven't had a bobble with it yet. My only complaint is it shot under a 10" paper plate at 7 yards using a center hold and 115 gr bullets. 147 gr bullets brought the impact point up between the bottom edge and the center of the plate.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G2C triggers are awful, if you don't believe me watch Hickock45 on youtube.

Get a PSA Dagger for $300

H
Campfire Member
OP Online Content
Campfire Member
H
Appriciate everyones help. We're going to look at the G3C later this morning. I think I've come to the conclusion that based on the vast majority of the reviews I have seen being positive and the initial cost being so minimal, its worth a try. I've wasted way more than $250 on way worse things. Fro sure. Thanks again.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A company called Lakeline sells a set of fiber optic sights for them & a stainless guide rod. They're both very affordable.

H
Campfire Member
OP Online Content
Campfire Member
H
I’ll check out Lakeline. From what I’m gathering Glock sights will work as well.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Since we already watched a review by Honest Outlaw here's another interesting one. The comparison is the G3c vs the Glock 43x

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=but75U8CRhI

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
H
Campfire Member
OP Online Content
Campfire Member
H
Brought home a G3C this morning. I think it’s going to be okay. Trigger seems to be noticeably better than the G2 when dry firing. Bought some 115 grain Winchester to send through it to see how it goes. I’ll try to keep up with some updates in this thread for anyone who may be interested. Appreciate the input and links. Big help from the Fire. Thanks again.

H
Campfire Member
OP Online Content
Campfire Member
H
Question. Are the G3/G3C holsters interchangeable like a Glock 19/26?

H
Campfire Member
OP Online Content
Campfire Member
H
Put 50 rounds through it yesterday without a hitch. Performed very. My wife and I both shot it with no issues. I was curious if she would have issues with limp wristing. The only issue she had was bumping the safety during recoil and moving it to the safe position inadvertantly. No fault of the pistol. Thats something that we both knew we would have to deal with and overcome. I think it happened twice for her in the first 10 rounds and she was zble to remedy that from that point on. So far, so good. Thanks go everyone for the help.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

201 members (12344mag, 300jimmy, 22kHornet, 10Glocks, 257 roberts, 2UP, 22 invisible), 2,245 guests, and 906 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,281
Posts18,467,711
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.