Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Hammerdown
Sometimes, this company can be a little strange.

Maybe, but they’re small, and can’t afford to cater to everyman’s notions. Wide product lines are spendy to maintain, and if you notice, even the big boys are dumping scopes that no longer sell well. Right now, they seem to be selling stuff that fits the current market and works well; a pretty good strategy. Possibly when supply lines return to normal (!), they can branch out a bit to other niches.

What fresh Hell is this?
BP-B2

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by Pappy348

Maybe, but they’re small, and can’t afford to cater to everyman’s notions. Wide product lines are spendy to maintain, and if you notice, even the big boys are dumping scopes that no longer sell well. Right now, they seem to be selling stuff that fits the current market and works well; a pretty good strategy. Possibly when supply lines return to normal (!), they can branch out a bit to other niches.

Nailed it, Pappy348

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Dre Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by jwp475

Nailed it, Pappy348

Pretty much what John said, He’s making scopes that market demands and long range and extra long range is the hype.
I’m pretty sick of it to be honest. I don’t need small Hubble weighing my rifle down

All of them do something better than the 30-06, but none of them do everything as well.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I snagged a Tekoa HD off the black Friday sale. 4-16x44 with the t Plex. Love it so far. May be a little heavy for some folks. But all of us ain't wimps 😂. Doesn't throw balance of my rifle off. And glass is dang good for price. Id not hesitate to buy another

Crossed Arrows Archery LLC
Authorized Obsession Bows Dealer
Custom Strings/Tuning
www.crossedarrowsarcheryllc.com
Black Eagle Arrows Pro Staff, Montana Black Gold Shooting Staff, Dead Center Archery Products Shooting Staff
Dre Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
lol. Not all who want lighter/smaller scope are whimps.
For me, there is Simply no need for 16x me to carry the extra weight to shoot In my comfort zone.
I can ring 8” plate at 600 yards with my 3-9. But it’s little hard with the thick cross hairs….meant for hunting. Not looking at holes on paper.
With 12 power it much much easier. And the 12 powers is even fine on bigger gongs at 800.
If anything, you and today’s shooters are a bunch of size queens. 😂

All of them do something better than the 30-06, but none of them do everything as well.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Dre
For me, there is Simply no need for 16x me to carry the extra weight to shoot In my comfort zone.
I can ring 8” plate at 600 yards with my 3-9. But it’s little hard with the thick cross hairs….meant for hunting. Not looking at holes on paper.
With 12 power it much much easier. And the 12 powers is even fine on bigger gongs at 800.

I was more comfortable with the investment to snag the 4-16 vs a 1" tube Toric. Yeah I'd have been perfectly fine with a 12x top end. But for the coin I had to spare, the Tekoa was available. I just don't get all upset over a couple extra ounces. Never been a fan of "lightweight" rifles. While they are certainly capable, I don't get along well with them. Balanced weight has never been a problem for me.

Crossed Arrows Archery LLC
Authorized Obsession Bows Dealer
Custom Strings/Tuning
www.crossedarrowsarcheryllc.com
Black Eagle Arrows Pro Staff, Montana Black Gold Shooting Staff, Dead Center Archery Products Shooting Staff
Dre Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
To each his own brother.
I can go from open country to thick timber In seconds and I need wide field of view. That comes with low power.
Give me 2-12 and carry on

Last edited by Dre; 12/21/21.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
How about a simple T-Plex with the same sort of red dot in the middle for hunting? I like a reticle that’s visible in cover both when lit, and when not.

I have a Trijicon Huron HX 1-6 that’s pretty good, but like many the side bars are too far from center. They also make a 1-8, but it’s a 34mm and pretty heavy for hunting.

I agree, with T-Plex and the illumination. And while I am wishing, they could have stopped at 6x.
But, I did pre-order one of these 1-8x24’s. I am planning on putting it on a 223 bolt rifle.

I do really like that T-Plex reticle in the 2-10x42 that I have.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by 280Ackleyrized
Originally Posted by Dre

I was more comfortable with the investment to snag the 4-16 vs a 1" tube Toric. Yeah I'd have been perfectly fine with a 12x top end. But for the coin I had to spare, the Tekoa was available. I just don't get all upset over a couple extra ounces. Never been a fan of "lightweight" rifles. While they are certainly capable, I don't get along well with them. Balanced weight has never been a problem for me.

Who doesn't want something like that for a Marln 336 or a Browning BL22. Everyone an their f'ing sister are making huge scopes, but you can't find a 4x anywhere.

People with miserable shooting skills typically suck with lightweight rifles.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ldmay375
How about a simple T-Plex with the same sort of red dot in the middle for hunting? I like a reticle that’s visible in cover both when lit, and when not.

I have a Trijicon Huron HX 1-6 that’s pretty good, but like many the side bars are too far from center. They also make a 1-8, but it’s a 34mm and pretty heavy for hunting.

I agree, with T-Plex and the illumination. And while I am wishing, they could have stopped at 6x.
But, I did pre-order one of these 1-8x24’s. I am planning on putting it on a 223 bolt rifle.

I do really like that T-Plex reticle in the 2-10x42 that I have.

Actually, that’s a Credo HX 1-6, not a Huron. By the time Grandpa discovered the error, it was too late to edit. I’m planning to shift that scope to my Mini 14 to see if it can take the whomping that rifle dishes out.

What fresh Hell is this?
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'm probably going to invest in one those high magnification Tract scope for rimfire precision shooting competition. Nice quality glass and I like the lockable turret and zero set feature on the scopes I'm looking at. Plus the eye box was very generous, no scope black out!

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I have a Credo HX, 1st focal plane, MOA with the segmented circle. They appear to be well made. I had intentions of trying it on a 375 or 416. I think it would still work well. If you don’t mind all the hash marks.
I decided to put it on my son’s shorter barrel 308 bolt rifle. I still have the scope, loose mounted on a 375 Ruger. The more I look through it, the more I like it. I personally prefer the small illuminated dot to the illuminated semi-circular and the + aiming point. Some of that preference is due to a substantial dose of astigmatism. Which I find the less illuminated area, the better for me.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

I have several scopes that have illumination capability, even after legal shooting time I've never found a need for the illumination

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
I find the illumination only maters on FFP scopes in dark timber.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by elkaddict
I find the illumination only maters on FFP scopes in dark timber.

Never mattered on my S&B FFP scopes

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
703 members (160user, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 1Akshooter, 10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 70 invisible), 3,050 guests, and 1,415 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,680
Posts18,399,622
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.