Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
I shoot the Berger 73gr BT Match ammunition (# 65-023020) in the AR classification, my AR has a 1 : 7 twist. COAL is 2.252". Muzzle velocity is advertised at 2820, I have not measured it. All 10 rounds must be magazine fed as apposed to the stock rifle and custom rifle where the rounds can be loaded individually.

BP-B2

leomort Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
Have you measured the internal mag length, or are you assuming you’ll have to stick with SAAMI length? The 75 ELD is superior to the other options mentioned, if it’ll fit in your mag without seating the ogive below the case mouth. I’m also not sure about the throat length on your rifle, so that’s another consideration, as some bullets shoot best close to, or slightly into, the lands.

Jordan,

I have not measured the internal mag length. I'm just assuming that I'd have to stick with SAAMI length due to the CZ 527 being a micro-sized action. The rifle has wylde chamber, barrel is 1:8 twist. I can measure the internal mag dimension tonight.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A 69gr bullet is just going to be frustrating at 600 yards.
If you have to go mag length, I'd go with the Sierra 77 TMK or the Hornady 75 ELD-M, whichever your gun shoots best.

You can do good work at 600 with the regular Hornady 75 and the Sierra 77 too.

Last edited by Tyrone; 12/21/21.

Politics is War by Other Means
leomort Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Tyrone,

Thank you for your feedback!

BTW: I measured the internal dimensions of my magazine and got 2.343"
So not long enough for the Hornady 75gr ELD-M
I'd have to stay with Hornady 75gr BTHP (non-cannelure) or Sierra 77gr .

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Oops! Dang! I forgot the ELD-M isn't a mag length bullet!

Give the Tipped Match King a try. It's about the highest BC bullet you can load to mag length.
No flies on the 75 BTHP or SMK however.

IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
77 MK or TMK

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I gotta apologize,because I thought this was a serious post and inferred a 700 wearing an 8" RPM spout,which I was hoping to be a OEM 40X take-off or better yet Custom. Hint.

It'd be tough to find a bigger piece of fhuqking schit,than said CZ. My bad. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.....................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
leomort Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Big_Stick,

Nope, no custom rifle. I'm want to start off with Rimfire Precision matches in 2022 and using what I've got there too, left hand CZ452. Just need to upgrade my scope, Vortex, Athlon, or Tract probably. Budget is $2,000 for the scope.

I was talking with the person who runs the rimfire matches and also shoots PRS. I mention I would like to try Precision Rifle match at the local level and just wanted to use what I had, lefty hand CZ 527 in 223rem and the hornady 75gr bthp. He said the 223rem that I had would be fine for local matches, which only go to 600yards, for me to get a feel for the game.

If I decide to get serious about PRS, I'd probably skip 22cal and go to something in 6mm but want to get some experience before investing big $$$ in it.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Nobody loves a 223 more than me and 600yds is barely a stretch. That being said,you gotta connect dots and NOTHING matters more than twist,throat geometry and COAL latitude. Meld the trio and schit gets EASY. Get only 2 outta 3 right and you are pissing up lotsa ropes,real quick. The CZ is a looonnnnggggggggg ways from 3 for 3,in 223. None of which is subjective. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

You got lotsa schit backwards and your alotted scope budget alone,would getcha' sumptin' real(S/S Teeker CTR 223),so you could bat 3 for 3. Poke a 10x MQ on it and the 452,then you'll have moves. Grab a set of their Low rings for each. DIP the 452 with Bob's extended 25 MoMo 1913 and Mountain Tac' the CTR with their 40 MoMo extended 1913. The 452 will crowd 25 Mil's of available erector from a 50yd zero and the CTR 30 from a 200yd zero. Hint.

Just sayin'.

Thank me fhuqking later.

Hint.......................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
leomort Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
BigStick,

Thank you for your help! I went ahead and order that left handed Tikka T3X CTR 223rem w/ 1:8 twist. Due to Christmas Holiday it will probably take a little longer to get the logistic worked out.

I order a 20moa picatinny rail for CZ 452 from EGW. I can look at the DIP rail as well since their rail is a 25moa.

Wow, that SWFA SS 10x scope is really affordable!

Thanks again for the help! Merry Christmas!

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hey Stick,
How many matches have you won or even placed in the top 10% in with that SWFA?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
mort',

I was curious to know,if the L/H option wasn't gonna swoon you. I mighta' added a 20" S/S Righty to the larder too. Hint. (grin)

I've had rather exceptional results with Bob's extended 1913 rails and have beat THE fhuqk outta more than a few,less a single issue. In Rimfire,you are gonna want ALL the inclination you can get and a 10x MQ will happily meld 75 MoMo's inclination and yet afford a 50yd zero. Bob yet again,to that rescue. keep in mind,that EVERYTHING below zero on the erector,is 100% fhuqking useless. Hint.

The 10x MQ will "only" correct parallax to 10yds,weighs but 20 ounces and has better than 40 Mil's of erector travel,with an etched reticle offering 10 more...for a 50 Mil correction latitude. Such things will "only" correlate POA/POI in 22LR to the 700+ yard line,even in my atmosphere. There is no other FUN,like Long Range Rimfire FUN. Hint.

Word on the street is,that a Fixed Fhuqker will track,repeat and hold zero...butcha' gotta be GENTLE. Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

You did WELL Glasshoppa'..................

Trybone,

Pardon a simplistic quip by me,swaying Sales in sucha' manner,as you get to display your Whining Woketitude yet again...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even you can "afford" to "contribute". Though admittedly,on top of your Incredible CLUELESSNESS,you just "happen" to be a Thieving Piece Of Fhuqking Schit to boot. What were the "odds"?!? Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

Bless your poor poor(literally) heart,for trying.

Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.....................

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
You have made seriously great choices
Been “ led to water” so to speak

leomort Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I'm on the road traveling to see family during X-mas, but once back home, I think I'll order the conversion bottom metal kit for changing CTR to AICS magazine then try a MDT polymer 10-rd 223rem mags for it and see how they fit/work. If it looks good then, I can try those 75gr eld-m.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Slooowwwwwwww the fhuqk down and pay attention. Hint.

The issued CTR mags will HAPPILY house a 75 ELD Smooch,in issued guise. Read that again. Now one more time. Hint.

Further,AICS mags can be coerced to fit the CTR's magwell. Hint.

You are THERE...simply breathe deep and take the EASY win. Hint.

Fhuqking laughing!....................

leomort Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Big_Stick, that's great news!! Thanks!

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by leomort
BigStick,

Thank you for your help! I went ahead and order that left handed Tikka T3X CTR 223rem w/ 1:8 twist. Due to Christmas Holiday it will probably take a little longer to get the logistic worked out.

I order a 20moa picatinny rail for CZ 452 from EGW. I can look at the DIP rail as well since their rail is a 25moa.

Wow, that SWFA SS 10x scope is really affordable!

Thanks again for the help! Merry Christmas!

Great choice. The CZ would have meant making concessions.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Castle_Rock

EuroOptic must be making quite a run on the 1-8 223 CTRs, I just ordered one a few days ago. I wanted a rifle that can live in my truck that I could probably place a bet that it would shoot well outta the box. I didn’t want anything less than an 8 twist. I opted for the 20” SS version myself.

I didn’t know the CTRs had longer mags either so I thought I was constrained to 77 TMKs which wouldn’t have hurt my feelings a bit since I pile them up for the ARs.

I believe I may put one of the Athlons on top and see what all the talk is about. I have a feeling that rifle will get a lot of trigger time.

Merry Christmas fellas.

Last edited by beretzs; 12/25/21.

Semper Fi
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by beretzs
Originally Posted by Castle_Rock

EuroOptic must be making quite a run on the 1-8 223 CTRs, I just ordered one a few days ago. I wanted a rifle that can live in my truck that I could probably place a bet that it would shoot well outta the box. I didn’t want anything less than an 8 twist. I opted for the 20” SS version myself.

I didn’t know the CTRs had longer mags either so I thought I was constrained to 77 TMKs which wouldn’t have hurt my feelings a bit since I pile them up for the ARs.

I believe I may put one of the Athlons on top and see what all the talk is about. I have a feeling that rifle will get a lot of trigger time.

Merry Christmas fellas.

Not a damn thing wrong with the CTR mags. They work flawlessly, lock in place very well and are built great. I haven't read through this whole thread, but did see where someone bought different bottom metal to use AICS mags? There's really no need. Funny how some guys here take the total lateral move here with schidt. Kinda like the guys that read the MOA triggers are no good and buy a Timney. Have a merry Christmas!!!

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
leomort Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
bsa,

I am not that familiar with tikka nor with their ctr mags. I could/can not find the overall mag length of ctr mags. What I did find is the ctr mags seem proprietary and are expensive (I'm finding $99/ctr mag, ouch!!!). AICS mags seem to be worship as godsend so I was considering doing the bottom metal swap until BigStick said CTR mags are good for those long 75gr eld-m. I though cz mags were expensive until I seen the ctr prices!

Does anyone know if hornady's eld-m are just rebadged amax?

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
149 members (257_X_50, 338Rules, 444Matt, 32_20fan, 358WCF, 673, 18 invisible), 1,932 guests, and 930 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,726
Posts18,400,659
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.