Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
B
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
B
Anyone know if travel for has become a real PIA for sohern afrca locatins?

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Brandon_Sknos

As to the title, I good hem should be the ticket.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
P
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
P
Rut-row Rorge, ravel restrictions?

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by plumbum
Rut-row Rorge, ravel restrictions?

Hahaha… this is EXACTLY what I thought of instantly when I read that title 🤣👍

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
'...Ravel restrictions...' ?????

that was in early days of the Great War, I thought we were past that now, I thought it was OK to listen again!!!

smile

Last edited by Muffin; 12/12/21.

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It's just Rastro wanting ravel information.
[Linked Image from thumbs4.imagebam.com]

Know fat, know flavor. No fat, no flavor.

I tried going vegan, but then realized it was a big missed steak.
W
WTF Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
"sohern afrca locatins" ? Better stick to ravel.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Sunday night drinking.

B
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
B
Originally Posted by 5sdad

As to the title, I good hem should be the ticket.

Oh Jeez!
I guess I need to put my fingers on n the Adkins diet before the hyenas get a look at them!

L
las Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
L

We were in Tanzania (photo safari) the last two weeks of November. Can't speak of Southern Africa, but I would imagine it equal or worse, due to the new flavor of the month. Get all your jabs, pills, and paperwork in order.

For all I know, there may now be a ban on it by powers that be. this is likely not the place to be getting specifics, but I hope this helps.

PITA it is. Covid test locally 72 hours before departure in Anchorage thru Seattle, into NYC. We spent a day there, partly for travel lag adjustment, then on to Amsterdam, and Kilmanjaro Airport, where we again had to have the quick test, along with the other 250 or so people on the plane...by 3 technicians. We had all our paperwork in order, so cleared customs in about 3 minutes (2 agents) , once we got up there, which was about 2 1/2 hours after deplaning Saturday evening.

My wife's bag was still in Amsterdam....it caught up to us 3 days later, in our second hotel on the rim of the Rift Valley above Lake Manyara/ 3rd night stay, as KLM didn't fly to Kilmanjoro on Sundays. We both had a spare set of clothes in carry-on, but next travel time, we will each carry half of the other's clothing. (DUH!)

Had I known laundry services were available (should have- 5 star hotels - and they WERE), I'd have taken half as many clothes. The original 4-star hotels booked by Gate 1 had closed, at least temporarily, due to Covid/lack of business (Tourism was about 20% of what it was pre-Covid). someone has a rule that rebooking had to be equal or greater, so we wound up in 5 star facilities. Except for maybe the last night- that may have been 4 star. Still good!

Part of the long delay at Kilmajaro Airport was we were sitting mid-plane (won't happen again if we can help it) , and they deplaned fore and aft, putting us within about 20 people of end-of-line. Part of it was yahoos ahead of us who didn't have their chit together, and took up to 15 minutes or more once they were at the customs cage. Interestingly, there were 20-30 people who had not gotten visas ahead of time on the 'net, and they were walked (literally, by guards) right through, different route to get visas. Way faster than our line was moving.

Once out of the airport terminal , we went mask-less until our return. Airports and planes require mask wearing. We took plenty, and changed every few hours. Brushed our teeth too, twice a day. smile

We got quick tested at the Serengetti headquarters a couple days before our return. Our Gate 1 guide handled it all, easy peasy. Except someone had put an 8 as my last digit on my paperwork, vs the 9 (or vice versa) on my passport. Typo. 20 minute delay, and a couple phone calls by our guide (in Swahili) and it was taken care of.

As our return was "only" about 36 hours long, never leaving the air terminals, no further testing - just baggage claim and customs again at JFK. That went quick. Except for the 3 days of jet lag following.

Our dogs were ecstatic on getting out of "jail". smile

I'd go again in a heartbeat, PITA or not , but skip NYC. I think coming west was worse than going east.

Last edited by las; 12/16/21.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

IC B3

B
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
B
Thanks Las!
No intetestin.NY thesrs days..
I hopr thr AXSOL GENERAL gets pinned to the wall by Trump....

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Spell check is your friend- or a translator……

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

578 members (1OntarioJim, 2500HD, 1234, 11point, 160user, 10ring1, 69 invisible), 3,025 guests, and 1,188 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,336
Posts18,468,682
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.