Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
We've used the cart on occasion when needed, and their great!
My only suggestion, is to put slime in the pneumatic tires,
to keep from getting flats with thorns, and such!

I Learned a long time ago to Separate My Want's from My Needs!

A man's Gotta Do What a Man's Gotta Do!

Know Thy Self!

TRUMP DID WIN!!!
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have one of those carts with articulating dual wheels stashed on my WMA. Good design, but it weighs over 40lbs empty, so the total package is pretty hefty. Just bought one of the ones that are like a little johnboat. Came with a set of skids for the bottom. I think it’ll work better, but can’t get a volunteer for a test run.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by skeen

1911, my friend, that is a Cabela's Super Mag Hauler.

Mine's been used hard since 2009, but it got no love this year, since a sled works better in the snow.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've rebuilt my Cabela's Super Mag Hauler twice now. The early ones had spokes that came loose and tangled in the grass. Then I went to 21" dirt bike wheels and tires and the thing worked well, but had a high a center of gravity and was heavy. My latest rebuild used Nylon spoked solid tire wheelchair wheels and it is near perfect now. Now I use a heavy sled because it is lighter, takes up less room in the truck and has a lower center of gravity. It slides over frozen ground, grass and snow just fine and pulled with my Rokon, even better.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
Nice job! That is a big ol heavy buck, Those carts do come in mighty handy, I use one when I hunt in Ohio but unfortunately the terrian i hunt locally is much too steep and rugged for a cart but a $25 plastic sled hauler from Rural King makes it a little easier.....Hb

IC B2

C
CBB Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Congrats!

Hunt...
L
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
L
God spells his name with a capital “G”.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I usually have one around, but also don't use it...yet...if it's an hour walk to the truck, I just go ahead go ahead and drag it. I suppose one day if I get a 250 pounder, I'd use it.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Great for moving a lot of things. We used one to move all the lumber for the porch from the road on the otherside of the house. During duck season I had a mile hike from the house to the duck blind and my dog(shown) would get harnessed to the cart and pull it loaded with decoys out to the bay. I have an extended handle for it so I didnt have to bend over to steer,

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Last edited by erich; 12/21/21.

After the first shot the rest are just noise.

Make mine a Minaska

Heaven has walls and rules, H-ll has open borders
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Mine came in handy for other things too. I ordered a 6' juniper tree because I figured that I didn't have lots of time left to grow one that big. Trouble was just the root ball was a few hundred pounds. I knew I was in for a tussle when they had to load it on my trailer with a fork lift. The deer hauler worked perfectly to get it into the back yard. I also made up a clamp on trailer hitch for my hauler after a buck on the hauler passed me and the atv on a down hill when I used a too long a rope to pull it.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
IC B3

O
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
O
I have used these carts to haul some big deer out in NE and KS. They are great tools.

I recently was looking into hunting the Hoosier National Forest in Indiana. I was looking at the Charles Deam Wilderness area. The rules seem to prohibit the use of these carts in the wilderness area portion of the forest, which surprised me.

Anyone else run into this?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Ogdonia
I have used these carts to haul some big deer out in NE and KS. They are great tools.

I recently was looking into hunting the Hoosier National Forest in Indiana. I was looking at the Charles Deam Wilderness area. The rules seem to prohibit the use of these carts in the wilderness area portion of the forest, which surprised me.

Anyone else run into this?
Wheeled anything are prohibited on any federally designated wilderness areas. IIRC the trails there are maintained by some volunteers using horses/mules and drag style graders on the graveled sections.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Pretty cool. That sign would look great in a hunting cabin. Congratulations on the buck.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by erich
Great for moving a lot of things. We used one to move all the lumber for the porch from the road on the otherside of the house. During duck season I had a mile hike from the house to the duck blind and my dog(shown) would get harnessed to the cart and pull it loaded with decoys out to the bay. I have an extended handle for it so I didnt have to bend over to steer,

Good job on a temp handle extention. The one I bought from Cabelas was short ended (same length either side of the axles) used it once that way and that was enough. Took it over to my bud Tommy's place and cut the handle off about 6" from the end. We then insert.pieces of galvanized conduit in the square tubing extending the handle out far enough to hold on it for pulling or pushing without being bent over, welded them in place. Worked like a charm. Axle ends are pinned with spring pin retainer to hold on the wheels for easy takedown. A guy is smart to replace them up from with cotter keys. Mine has solid tires , more shock but I live in cactus country. ...mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Do have one like erich's above. Handles are way too short and it sees rare use. Need to do an extension like his.

1Minute
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I bought my first game cart last season. I leave it in the back of the truck all season. It sure beats dragging my ATV around all season plus it works very well. Glad I made the investment. We’ve hauled 7 out with it this season.

This is my 9 year old. They make it so easy.

You ain't about that life.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Those plastic kiddie sleds work pretty good too.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I'm getting to where I just do the gutless method and use a plastic sled looking thing if I can't get the truck pretty close.

Dog I rescued in January

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Life's just better with a German Shepherd.

The buck is the icing....

“Factio democratica delenda est"
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I guess

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

220 members (160user, 12344mag, 2500HD, 22kHornet, 10Glocks, 257 roberts, 22 invisible), 2,303 guests, and 924 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,281
Posts18,467,718
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.