Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
Dillonbuck,

I know how you feel because I've seen more injustices than anyone on the forums want to hear about. The justice system is messed up bad and there's a lot of people in all levels that shouldn't be serving there. That's why I didn't bother filing reports about the break-ins and thefts I experienced recently.
However, I try to give credit where it's due. I don't agree with each aspect of the video.

When shot at unprovoked, out of the blue, by a group , I made it to cover indoors and called all of the nearby departments for assistance. I quit checking the time after an hour and a half and numerous calls. Maybe my expectations are low, but I thought the deputies showed up soon and warrant was prompt.
The thief likely is addicted to stealing, so I don't know that the grace he was shown will change his behavior. I don't believe that jail would either. Restitution for the Biblical mandate is what I wish each state looked to for penalties. It takes the value of what was stolen, then multiplies that depending on specific factors. It takes the incentive out of theft better than the current laws here IMHO.

You've proved by your statement that you care far more about your wife than the customers at your local donut shop. No doubt you are willing and able to protect her much better too.
Lmao off only time you have been shot at is with pecker juice...

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
BP-B2

F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
I think he should have pressed charges the guy learned nothing. His wife might have learned a little of who he really is if she did already not know.

A Thief is a thief and should be treated accordinly.

Wonder how much stuff that old man has really stolen over the years????

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Fastback65
I think he should have pressed charges the guy learned nothing. His wife might have learned a little of who he really is if she did already not know.

A Thief is a thief and should be treated accordinly.

Wonder how much stuff that old man has really stolen over the years????

I doubt this is new behavior from him, and I'm sure his wife knows at least some of his doings. Most likely she believed it was a thing of the past that he promised he had stopped doing.
I'm doubtful anyone learned anything from this encounter and he will keep on keeping on.

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
1979 Rem.700 varmint special 6mm, weaver T-10 scop. several months old

1980 14' fiberglass boat,16hp suzuki, trailer all few months old.

John Deere push mower self propelled new

T-Tops & stereo 1979 black Trans Am new

1983 Honda 200X 3wheeler couple months old

All stolen while I worked offshore likely by a so-called friend,, Around $7500, which was a lot of money back then.

High-side hydralic dump trailer $4100

Thousands of dollars in building materials,lights,appliances,tile,> you name it, even installed landscaping shrubs,roses,sod - yes SOD -tools - teeth for tractor box blade - windows doors, ladders - not only steal but often vandalize a house. Again likely someone who I consider a friend and worked for me.

Nothing I hate more than a thief.

I always said ''you can't get back at a dreg'' losers like them don't even mind going to jail. Penalties should be FAR MORE HARSH !!!

POS in the video needs to be fined 3-4-5X the value of what he stole, and at least 6months in jail mandatory. Letting him off is pathetic

I don't trust anybody !!!

Last edited by ol_mike; 12/26/21.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Yes 100% the wife or anybody living there knows what's going on, piles of stuff comes in the driveway and gets unloaded??? I found it?
Bet your butt there's a lot more at the thiefs place that's stolen.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Dillonbuck,

I know how you feel because I've seen more injustices than anyone on the forums want to hear about. The justice system is messed up bad and there's a lot of people in all levels that shouldn't be serving there. That's why I didn't bother filing reports about the break-ins and thefts I experienced recently.
However, I try to give credit where it's due. I don't agree with each aspect of the video.

When shot at unprovoked, out of the blue, by a group , I made it to cover indoors and called all of the nearby departments for assistance. I quit checking the time after an hour and a half and numerous calls. Maybe my expectations are low, but I thought the deputies showed up soon and warrant was prompt.
The thief likely is addicted to stealing, so I don't know that the grace he was shown will change his behavior. I don't believe that jail would either. Restitution for the Biblical mandate is what I wish each state looked to for penalties. It takes the value of what was stolen, then multiplies that depending on specific factors. It takes the incentive out of theft better than the current laws here IMHO.

You've proved by your statement that you care far more about your wife than the customers at your local donut shop. No doubt you are willing and able to protect her much better too.

You sound like you buy stock in Dunkin Donuts at the counter.
😄

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Dillonbuck,

When shot at unprovoked, out of the blue, by a group , I made it to cover indoors and called all of the nearby departments for assistance. I quit checking the time after an hour and a half and numerous calls.

Maybe my expectations are low, but I thought the deputies showed up soon and the warrant was prompt.

You've shown by your statement that you care far more about your wife than the customers at your local donut shop. No doubt you are willing and able to protect her much better too.

You are so full of sheit, everybody here knows you're a fuqking liar.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Dillonbuck,

😄
wipe the pecker juice off your chin when you say that.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
You’d think Mr Holy Roller could hold back on his lies on the Lords birthday. Sad, pitiful little boy he is.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by hunter4623
You’d think Mr Holy Roller could hold back on his lies on the Lords birthday. Sad, pitiful little boy he is.

Bet he's a fuqking thief too.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Dillonbuck,

😄

And be careful not to trip on those potholes on the way from Dunkin Donuts. 😆😂

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Hammerdown

That much money is made on those videos? I didn't know this.

As of a few minutes ago this video has earned him about $30K from YouTube advertising. There are additional incomes possible from these videos, YT advertising is the only one I know how to track.

You can never be 100% sure if the content in these videos are real.

There are topics, and catching a thief on camera is one of them, that are known to get lots of views.

Elaborate hoaxes are abundant.

Not saying there is anything I question about the validity of this video but ya gotta ask yourselves, just how hard would that have been to fake?

30 grand already? That number will double or even triple over time as more views accumulate.

Here is a video that was worth about the same as the one posted here when it was first released.

Now, 6 years + later it's accumulated over 22 million views and earned this kid right at $90K.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
we had a rash of break ins and theivery around here a couple yrs ago,including my place,, none of the stuff was ever recovered, but the theives are out of busines , I filed a detail report, and the "law" said they would investigate,I told em to catch em before i did,and I would press charges,If I found em Id handle it,, Some of my bro's put it on face book I was putting up a reward or bounty for a name with proof ,, Theif went out of busines,

I AM AMERICA!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Dillonbuck,

LOL!!!

A wise man is frequently humbled.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Just watched the video,and at the end he showed the location of where the skid loader was stolen. Wow, the location is just 1 mile down the road where I grew up and where my mom & my sister still live. Small world.

3825 24336
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
I’ve learned the hard way that the only way to address trespassing/theft is pressing charges and making an example. We’ve had thousands of dollars of equipment stolen and I’ve been forced to surround our farm with several dozen trail cameras. We still loose one or two a year plus several SD cards. Yes, lockboxes are being used in the worst areas….and someone is packing bolt cutters when they hunt…. I now patrol the property with thermal binos during hunting season. I’m also perfecting the art of hiding cameras that watch very visible cameras. I’ve put out custom signs informing everyone that they will be prosecuted and sued. The trespassing tickets are a few hundred dollars and deter no one. Defending a trespassing action will costs tens of thousands….(only costs me time). If I ever ever prove a theft…there will be hell to pay.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Press charges so next time they'll see his prior conviction and not give him a pass, again....

"Camping places fix themselves in your mind as if you had spent long periods of your life in them.
You will remember a curve of your wagon track in the grass of the plain like the features of a friend."
Isak Dinesen

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Sounds like the kid would come out ahead if this knucklehead was to steal his stuff again. The kid would catch him on video and make more off the video than he lost in the theft, plus get his stuff back.

He just needs to come up with better bait and a better set the second time around.....

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A 60 year old man doesn’t wake up in the morning and decide to become a thief. That guy has been stealing his whole life. The kid was very understanding but he’s enabling that POS. He’ll probably behave for a while but it won’t last and he’ll be stealing again. Count on it!

Deadlines and commitments, what to leave in, what to leave out...
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Never bought the good cop, bad cop act between married folks.
His wife probably stuffs steaks in her purse at the grocery while he plays watch out.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
242 members (12344mag, 300jimmy, 01Foreman400, 257 mag, 2UP, 10Glocks, 26 invisible), 1,658 guests, and 898 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,592
Posts18,397,926
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.