-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Does anyone have a source for truly non-binding, no cotton, no elastic boot socks?

Circulation in my feet is poor, partly from some damage years ago, and the slightest constriction tends to make my feet cold, from constricted blood circulation. I bought some diabetic boot socks a few years ago in the largest size they made. They are good but wearing out and I cannot find them online now.

The best I ever had were Icelandic wool, thick and apparently hand knitted with zero elastic that fit loosely and superbly and were wonderfully warm. They were a gift and I’ve never known their source. All of my boot socks now have elastic cut at the top and snips all through the sock to reduce the constriction, including some fine Merino wool ones.

Perhaps it is my imagination but socks seem to have more and stronger elastic than most did 20-30 years ago.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Okanagan;
Top of the morning to you my friend and brother, I hope that other than the sock search you and your wonderful family had a great Christmas and are well.

I've got a pair of what you're looking for on right now sir, which I know came from Marks up here and I want to say are made in the US.

For the life of me I can't find them on the website now.....arghhh.

All the best to you all in the New Year, may it bring peace and fulfillment to you all.

Dwayne

PS;
I will add the maker down here if I figure out who they are.

This isn't them, but the 40 below and 50 below look a lot like what I have on.
https://www.jbfields.ca/icelandic-products/

PPS:
Well, since I'm staying home today - we're at a high of -15° and it's snowing on and off - I went online and bought a 2 pack of the 50 Below since I was in the market for some replacement heavy socks too.

I shall drop you a PM when they land or I'll text you what they're like.

All the best again.

Last edited by BC30cal; 12/26/21. Reason: more information

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Learn the military method of rolling socks. No elastic can survive that. You'll need suspenders to hold them up.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
I wear Smartwool Over the Calf wool socks in my western and hunting boots.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Merry Christmas, Dwayne! And the best of the New Year ahead.

Those socks may be the ticket. I will wait for a report from you. Almost any elastic is too much for me. When walking my feet stay warm enough, and I don't do tree stands etc. But I do call critters a lot, and sit long enough for feet to get cold.

That's a cold one you've got in the Okanagan. We have similar temps here, very unusual for us, a mile from salt water and 100 feet elevation. We have 8 inches of snow and more falling. I did not turn a wheel today, just holed up with hot drinks, snacks and a nap.

Thanks to all for the input, some via private messages. Good info. I have googled and searched but cover more cources through others.

IC B2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

624 members (12344mag, 160user, 19rabbit52, 10Glocks, 219DW, 16penny, 54 invisible), 2,041 guests, and 1,148 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,239
Posts18,447,836
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.