-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
This is an interesting movie if you watched the I Love Lucy Show, or now the syndicated reruns. It is about the relationship between Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz when they were married. But if you're interested how a comedy show is scripted by the staff writers, and then the way it is put together by the actors, writers, director, producer, and all the internal politics and problems, then give it a look.

I enjoyed it although I did not write for comedy shows. I did, however, know Lucille Ball, when I was at Desilu Studios many years ago. She was a brilliant comedienne.

Margot Kidder plays Lucille Ball and Javier Bardem (Anton Shurgur, No Country For Old Men) plays Desi Arnaz.

FWIW.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Leanwolf
This is an interesting movie if you watched the I Love Lucy Show, or now the syndicated reruns. It is about the relationship between Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz when they were married. But if you're interested how a comedy show is scripted by the staff writers, and then the way it is put together by the actors, writers, director, producer, and all the internal politics and problems, then give it a look.

I enjoyed it although I did not write for comedy shows. I did, however, know Lucille Ball, when I was at Desilu Studios many years ago. She was a brilliant comedienne.

Margot Kidder plays Lucille Ball and Javier Bardem (Anton Shurgur, No Country For Old Men) plays Desi Arnaz.

FWIW.

L.W.

Sounds good LW. I’ll check it out. She was a looker in the old movies before she became Lucy. And a blonde to boot.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Watched it this afternoon and really enjoyed it. Never knew about that little episode of her being accused of being a communist.

I thought Nicole Kidman did a very good job. For the first 45 minutes or so I saw "Nicole Kidman", she's a pretty woman and superficially resembles Lucille Ball but you saw Nicole's face saying lines. After about an hour, though, you forgot that and were just looking at Lucille Ball, you didn't see the actress portraying her. The supporting roles were also well done, particular J.K. Simmons as William Frawley aka Fred Mertz.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
We saw it, thought it was good. Didn’t know she was accused of being a commie

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

609 members (10gaugeman, 1_deuce, 222Sako, 222ND, 10Glocks, 1234, 64 invisible), 2,635 guests, and 1,339 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,669
Posts18,455,992
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.