Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by T_Inman
I'm in Fox, north of Fairbanks and we got dumped on with about 18" of wet snow. It is 20 above now so plowing with my wheeler is an option, unlike yesterday when the snow was just too wet and heavy and constantly coming down.

That was a pretty good dump, about like last April's surprise snowstorm.

Hey I’m in fox right now.. I’m going to honk my horn let me know when you hear it..

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kaboku68
I'm in Fox, north of Fairbanks and we got dumped on with about 18" of wet snow. It is 20 above now so plowing with my wheeler is an option, unlike yesterday when the snow was just too wet and heavy and constantly coming down.

We might be neighbors. We live off of Quakenbush which is about 1 mile from Fox. It would be interesting if we live pretty darned close. Just got done with another volley of shovelling.

Ya, we`re fairly close. I am right behind the Turtle Club.

79, did you honk? I couldn`t hear squat with my Justin Beiber CDs rok`n when I was plowing with my wheeler.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've got my driveway open but i'm out of space to put more snow and expecting 8" today and more tomorrow.

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle

We might be neighbors. We live off of Quakenbush which is about 1 mile from Fox. It would be interesting if we live pretty darned close. Just got done with another volley of shovelling.

79, did you honk? I couldn`t hear squat with my Justin Beiber CDs rok`n when I was plowing with my wheeler.

Turtle club is a good location!

Freezing rain here yesterday turned the roads into rinks. Main roads were in good shape, probably from the lovely brine application.

Bunch of power outages on the western KP last night from the wind.
https://radiokenai.com/large-power-outage-effecting-many-on-the-central-peninsula/

We lost power for a few hours. Saw a transformer just down the road a bit spark like a meteor three times. Then power went out.

Back to below 0* by the weekend.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Was that you wearing cowboy hat with green lights on it?

Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 79S

Was that you wearing cowboy hat with green lights on it?

Maybe. I had been drinking pretty heavily.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ironbender

Freezing rain here yesterday turned the roads into rinks. Main roads were in good shape, probably from the lovely brine application.

https://radiokenai.com/large-power-outage-effecting-many-on-the-central-peninsula/

We lost power for a few hours. Saw a transformer just down the road a bit spark like a meteor three times. Then power went out.

Sure is. Great prime rib there.

I can't wait for it to be below 0 again. This much snow, even if it is "warm" at 25 F or so is just a pain to do anything in.

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by ironbender

Sure is. Great prime rib there.

I can't wait for it to be below 0 again. This much snow, even if it is "warm" at 25 F or so is just a pain to do anything in.

After 18 years in the ‘banks, I’m aware, Jerry! 😂

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Living in the valley- a new thing for me, I’m from Homer… I’ve noticed that most valley drivers are useless in these conditions.

In Homer, we just accept rain over ice as a normal type of weather. I have Nokian Hakkapelitta 9’s on my F-150, which based on the more than 20 different tire types for winter driving I’ve experienced, are the best. I’m driving like normal, but the other A-holes keep spinning out in front of me.

It was comical for awhile, but now it’s just downright annoying to be following a late model SUV driving 25 in a 45 and spinning out when they try to mash the accelerator at seemingly random time intervals.

Last edited by LoadClear; 12/31/21.

Intellectual honesty is the most important character trait in human beings.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Its all fun and games until they block the only road.

IC B3

L
las Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
L
LoadClear - I thought only Sterling DF's did that...

I need to get some V-bar chains for the Expedition for going to our rec cabin off the end of Oil Well. Some interesting spots on that road, especially towing a 16 foot trailer full of snow gos, even with studs, but 300 pounds of sand bags in the back helps. Chains! Did use chains on the Ram once last year.

I carry 300# of sand in Ram 3500, too, but no studs on that one. I do have a set of barely-fit (last link) regular ladder chains, which help a lot, but I think I'll get some V-bars for that "fair weather" truck..... smile

I have two sets of almost new, tho 20 years old, V-bars I need to get rid of, used once or twice on the old Expedition and on the Chev 3500 - they had 17? inch tires- and the chains won't fit on the current 18's.

The current road conditions should help move them... smile

Last edited by las; 01/02/22.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by las
LoadClear - I thought only Sterling DF's did that...

I need to get some V-bar chains for the Expedition for going to our rec cabin off the end of Oil Well. Some interesting spots on that road, especially towing a 16 foot trailer full of snow gos, even with studs, but 300 pounds of sand bags in the back helps. Chains! Did use chains on the Ram once last year.

I carry 300# of sand in Ram 3500, too, but no studs on that one. I do have a set of barely-fit (last link) regular ladder chains, which help a lot, but I think I'll get some V-bars for that "fair weather" truck..... smile

I have two sets of almost new, tho 20 years old, V-bars I need to get rid of, used once or twice on the old Expedition and on the Chev 3500 - they had 17? inch tires- and the chains won't fit on the current 18's.

The current road conditions should help move them... smile

I used quick links to lengthen my set of chains, cost me $10 and added a rung to them with new length of chain. Works great

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by LoadClear
Living in the valley- a new thing for me, I’m from Homer… I’ve noticed that most valley drivers are useless in these conditions.

In Homer, we just accept rain over ice as a normal type of weather. I have Nokian Hakkapelitta 9’s on my F-150, which based on the more than 20 different tire types for winter driving I’ve experienced, are the best. I’m driving like normal, but the other A-holes keep spinning out in front of me.

It was comical for awhile, but now it’s just downright annoying to be following a late model SUV driving 25 in a 45 and spinning out when they try to mash the accelerator at seemingly random time intervals.

Oh boy…

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Winds have been crazy. The fence between us and the neighbor is now gone. There’s a Weather Underground station at the Elementary school that’s recorded a 100 mph gust earlier today we hanging pretty good at 70-85 mph gusts all day. Some planes at the Palmer airport got destroyed as well.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Yeah I’m just a little north of Palmer, and the wind has been horrible for the past two days- supposed to last a couple more. I was leaning on my garage door on the inside and felt the center heave in 2 inches or so.

My work truck, sitting on the parking pad next to the house has been blown almost 45 degrees sideways (no studs, very slick ice). I’m pretty much over this wind.

Intellectual honesty is the most important character trait in human beings.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Wind is bad here in Wasilla. Power just went out. Pity the power company guys. They’re making good money but have to be out in this crap.

Chronographs, bore scopes and pattern boards have broke a lot of hearts.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
After 7 straight days of shoveling thought id have some peacful rest.

Naw man, highway closed to go do some winter caribou hunting with the dog team. It is 47 below zero at the outhouse. my scrotum wont grow a good winter coat for these outhouse trips.

IGA go bye bye? Maybe yall townies should think about that, when 3 bears wanted to come to Delta but its development was blocked.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Stay warm and healthy Michael!

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
There's always some bravetards out there taking pics ... aggravating cops by risking life & limb from flying debris ...

Looks like the building has been stripped by methhead tweakers looking for copper, lmao !

2022 sucks thus far & it's only been two days !

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants".
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well, I started my USAA claim. The fence is partially gone and my pellet grill but the dust. Also the furnace is acting up as well.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

535 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 1Akshooter, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 1337Fungi, 50 invisible), 2,608 guests, and 1,187 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,330
Posts18,468,566
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.