Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by cs2blue
I did not know that their were other retired LE's on this forum! Wow I am amongst good company!

I did 32 years as a civilian and 3 as an Army MP. I still do some part time security for a local County government. I see very little future for the patrol guys, especially in the $hithole cities. I hope the locals are prepared when the day comes they cannot call for an on duty police officer. America has to really change before Law Enforcement becomes a career again. I'm sorry to be so pessimistic. If the democRATs can so blatantly steal an election from a setting president what else can they do to destroy America ? Eliminating local police departments by making the job too risky personally and financially is just a start.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
GB1

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
To those who served, and served well, you have my thanks.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Gooch_McGrundle
Originally Posted by 19352012
You'd think Thug Life 101 would teach you to drive safely and cautiously when in the commission of a crime or not in commission of a crime so you don't have to talk to the police. But what do criminals do? Drive like morons. Pretty much why they only catch the dumb ones. Gary Ridgway was basically special needs and killed hundreds before they caught him.

Whenever I’m behind someone and they drive at or below the speed limit and make zero mistakes, I assume they got warrants.

Or, they are tired of the increase in insurance rates or the threat of one more ticket and loosing their license. Some people can learn...

To preserve liberty it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.-Richard Henry Lee

Endowment Member NRA, Life Member SAF-GOA, Life-Board Member, West TN Director TFA
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
I know several ex-LEO's who got too old and feeble to bully and intimidate people with a badge, a gun, and a set of blue lights. These days they're internet chat room moderators! "Keyboard Commandos!"

You sure act like a great big gaping cundt.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
A slow hand salute to all you public servants!

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Former BIL was a Illinois State Trooper.

no shortage of stories of him coming up on drug mules loaded with dope and cash. He could have built up a pretty nice nest egg if he wasn't as honest as the day is long.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
FWP Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Routine traffic stop, suspect ran, got tased, search of his pickup revealed coolers full of body parts including a severed head. I'd turn in my badge on the spot.

BODY PARTS

We actually had a similar job. You can look it up. The guy was Gary Michael Heidnik.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_M._Heidnik

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
That's high praise, coming from a spandex-wearing vagina like yourself!

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
O
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
O

Unlikely on the nest egg. You only rip them off one time and they play for keeps. Unlike the failed judicial system. GW

If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. MACHIAVELLI
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
That's high praise, coming from a spandex-wearing vagina like yourself!

Did a big, scary powiceman pull you over and frighten you one time? Maybe some PTSD counseling would help soothe the pain.

IC B3

FWP Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by cs2blue
I did not know that their were other retired LE's on this forum! Wow I am amongst good company!

But there are a few A Holes!!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kwg020
Originally Posted by bowmanh
I'd say the number of people who want to become cops has dropped considerably in the last two years. We currently see very little public respect for cops, and it's a difficult, often thankless job. Society sure needs cops, but you wouldn't know it from the public discussion. It's a bad situation that will result in a lot more crime and violence.

This. I live in a town of about 70,000. We are a suburb and many folks move here because they feel safe and we are a long ways away from a ghetto. But, they are having a huge problem getting police candidates. And, many of the applicants can't get through the process before failing some part of it. The ones that get through are many times lured away by a department that pays more, has better shifts or more opportunity. Gone are the days of getting 50 candidates for 2 or 3 jobs. It sounds like 8 or 10 will show up for the written test and 4 or 5 will take the physical agility test.

If getting recruits is tough in our town can you imagine what it is like in some $hithole town ?? I predict the demise of the patrol officer in the next 10 years, especially in places like Minneapolis, LA, New York, Seattle or Chicago. I'm sure there will be some folks who are happy about that. I guess that explains why folks are leaving the blue States and blue cities. Or, at least part of the reason. Throw in the taxes and politics and there you go.

kwg

Yep. A guy would have to be an idiot to want to go into law enforcement these days. The bar will be lowered to fill positions and it will snowball.

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My Son has been a Police Officer for 19 years. He has served well. He is Reserve Tactical Flight Officer and plays Bagpipes for the honor guard. He is hanging it up in a couple of weeks and has been accepted as a first officer for a major airlines. He used to love his job and got a real pleasure out of helping people. I hate to see him leave but I completely understand.

Jim

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by worriedman
Originally Posted by Gooch_McGrundle
Originally Posted by 19352012
You'd think Thug Life 101 would teach you to drive safely and cautiously when in the commission of a crime or not in commission of a crime so you don't have to talk to the police. But what do criminals do? Drive like morons. Pretty much why they only catch the dumb ones. Gary Ridgway was basically special needs and killed hundreds before they caught him.

Whenever I’m behind someone and they drive at or below the speed limit and make zero mistakes, I assume they got warrants.

Or, they are tired of the increase in insurance rates or the threat of one more ticket and loosing their license. Some people can learn...

That was a joke. “You drive like you got warrants or something!”

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
I know several ex-LEO's who got too old and feeble to bully and intimidate people with a badge, a gun, and a set of blue lights. These days they're internet chat room moderators! "Keyboard Commandos!"

You sure act like a great big gaping cundt.

It is not an act.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
All new LEO must know Kung Foo.

That’s the answer.

🦫😂

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
How many still flash their lights at oncoming traffic if you see a cop set up on the side of the road?

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
Originally Posted by LongSpurHunter
How many still flash their lights at oncoming traffic if you see a cop set up on the side of the road?

I’ve only seen that in Texas and that was about 20 years ago. Asked the people I was with what was going on and they said there was a cop ahead. Sure enough couple miles up the road was an officer running radar.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by lima1seven
Originally Posted by LongSpurHunter

I’ve only seen that in Texas and that was about 20 years ago. Asked the people I was with what was going on and they said there was a cop ahead. Sure enough couple miles up the road was an officer running radar.

There is a crooked little municipality up the road from me and you betcha, when I go through there and see them working speed traps I flash my lights to oncoming traffic and will continue to do so. Many people don't even know what it means or don't pay attention, but the truckers sure do. They will flash back or toot their horns, maybe wave, and when they do it makes me feel good all over that I potentially saved one of those great Americans from getting robbed by those blood suckers.

Everyone knows they are borderline crooks including the cops who work for them.

They aren't looking for criminals, they are looking for traffic fines.....believe me. I had to go to court there a few years ago for rolling a stop sign. There was a tree to my left that I couldn't see around very well and I let the car roll so I could see what was coming. A cop saw me do it and wrote me up. When I was in court a trucker was fined for going 5 miles over. I thought I had the stinkiest chickenshit ticket but I concede that he beat me. That kind of BS is nothing more than common theft under the guise of "law enforcement". I have no more respect for the "officers" and "judges" that participate in that racket than I would for a pick pocket.

Last edited by RJY66; 12/28/21.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Where’s the video?
Rolled the stop sign at what 15mph?

No video- didn’t happen!

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

657 members (160user, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 1973cb450, 69 invisible), 2,928 guests, and 1,208 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,263
Posts18,467,132
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.