-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
On the other side of this equation, you always have to remember who the GW's boss is...the Governor of your State.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
GB1

FWP Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
If that issue has been litigated in the past it's "settled law"??

It has.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
What if said “Perp” is an illegal without a license, trespassing and poaching? Ya think they are gonna comply with any penalty or fine? We’re living in a time when illegals and criminals that break the law are treated much differently than law- abiding citizens who occasionally make a mistake.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by FWP

It has.

For sure. The reason game violations are not protested more frequently is that they are usually considered so minor.

The guy who gets caught for "guiding" hunters at night with suppressed rifles in Yellowstone might make the news, but most just pay off the.local Justice of the Peace.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by FWP

It has.

For sure. The reason game violations are not protested more frequently is that they are usually considered so minor.

The guy who gets caught for "guiding" hunters at night with suppressed rifles in Yellowstone might make the news, but most just pay off the.local Justice of the Peace.

THANK YOU for real clarity on the topic!

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
“If a Texas game warden reasonably believes that you or someone else is engaged in a regulated activity, they can inspect any device used to hunt or collect a wildlife resource. Also, they can search any container or receptacle that is capable of concealing a wildlife resource or those devices. This includes vehicles, boats, game bags, freezers, coolers, or even something as small as an Altoids box that could contain a lure.”

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Game Wardens around here won't go on private property without the land owners written permission as stated on their department form. They do not allow redactions or modifications to the document.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
They can search any storage compartment , cooler and live well on your boat .

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JoeBob
“If a Texas game warden reasonably believes that you or someone else is engaged in a regulated activity, they can inspect any device used to hunt or collect a wildlife resource. Also, they can search any container or receptacle that is capable of concealing a wildlife resource or those devices. This includes vehicles, boats, game bags, freezers, coolers, or even something as small as an Altoids box that could contain a lure.”

Nope.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Rick n Tenn
They can search any storage compartment , cooler and live well on your boat .

Not legally without PC, or consent. Not saying they won't.

IC B3

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Yes, and no. A hunting license is an administrative thing. I believe that when you get a hunting license, in some places you give implied consent for certain things that would otherwise require warrants. The penalties being administrative and civil and not criminal.

This. Hunting is not a “right”. It’s a privilege and to get that privilege you agree to relinquish certain rights for administrative purposes.

In my line of work I don’t need a search warrant to search a doctor’s office for records - if I’ve been duly appointed to investigate. It’s not a random thing. But doctors (and lawyers etc) agree to this as a condition of being granted the privilege to practice.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by ltppowell

Nope.

Yes. You’re wrong.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
“But what about a Texas game warden’s jurisdiction? Well, just as wildlife go between city and county lines, so does the jurisdiction of a Texas game warden. Texas game wardens’ jurisdiction is statewide.

Also, they can go on to not only public, but also private, property to enforce game and wildlife laws. Texas game wardens are also one of the primary law-enforcement officers for enforcing boating laws in Texas. That means that they can board your vessel to make sure that your water-safety equipment is in compliance.

It doesn’t matter whether or not you’re engaged in hunting or fishing. What it comes down to is the wildlife code is complicated, and it can feel arbitrary at times. What that means is well-intentioned hunters and anglers sometimes find themselves on the wrong side of the law, as the saying goes.

The eyes of Texas are upon you, and Texas game wardens will go to great lengths to catch hunters and anglers who are hunting and fishing unlawfully.”

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I have kin in South Dakota and for years we hunted pheasant with them. Never a problem. There was an event talked about that had to do with an overly ambitious federal wildlife officer. She stopped 2 guys with the intent to search their truck, keep in mind the closest home was likely 5 miles away if that close. They overpowered her, stripped her naked and handcuffed her to her truck and left. No rape or anything like that took place. It was warm weather too so she didn't get frostbit. For whatever reason she didn't get the tag numbers on the truck and they got away to never be arrested.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by Wannabebwana
Yes, and no. A hunting license is an administrative thing. I believe that when you get a hunting license, in some places you give implied consent for certain things that would otherwise require warrants. The penalties being administrative and civil and not criminal.

This. Hunting is not a “right”. It’s a privilege and to get that privilege you agree to relinquish certain rights for administrative purposes.

In my line of work I don’t need a search warrant to search a doctor’s office for records - if I’ve been duly appointed to investigate. It’s not a random thing. But doctors (and lawyers etc) agree to this as a condition of being granted the privilege to practice.

What are you talking about? I haven't bought a hunting license in years, but limit out on bucks. Please tell me what implied consent I have allowed

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by LongSpurHunter

What are you talking about? I haven't bought a hunting license in years, but limit out on bucks. Please tell me what implied consent I have allowed

Do you have a hunting license to hunt game in your state? Doesn’t matter if you paid for it, if you’re licensed to hunt you follow the rules, which include giving up administrative rights.

And, if you’re hunting particular species without a license, you’re poaching.

ETA “limit out” means you’re following the hunting rules. But a game warden can still check to make you haven’t taken more.

Last edited by Wannabebwana; 12/28/21.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Originally Posted by MOGC
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Originally Posted by Esox357
Wardens have a lot of authority.

Hell yes they do...

Game Warden in my area of West Virginia... tough as nails... no BS from anyone. Rode heard like Judge Roy Bean... a genuine badass.

He has been missing for 11 months now.

I googled "West Virginia game warden missing?" and got zero hits for that search?

Golly gee...

Yeah... that's what I thought. Carry on.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

There is.no limit if you don't have a license...duh.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L

Do you have a hunting license to hunt game in your state? Doesn’t matter if you paid for it, if you’re licensed to hunt you follow the rules, which include giving up administrative rights.

And, if you’re hunting particular species without a license, you’re poaching.

ETA “limit out” means you’re following the hunting rules. But a game warden can still check to make you haven’t taken more.

No license required to hunt your property.

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Poaching is a term from the days of feudalism, when game animals were considered the property of the lords, and killing such without the express permission of the lord was poaching, and considered theft, to be punished severely.

There is little difference in the meaning of the term now, except that we the people are so stupid as to cede our position of authority and pay lesser men to harass and rob us at the behest of the State we allowed to grow under our watch. Takes a big brass set to take a man’s money, and in some cases more than that, for the simple act of killing an animal without the express permission of the State, especially on his own land that he paid for and is taxed repeatedly on. Times get tough, gonna be a lot of folks that other folks haven’t forgotten. Those unforgettable folks should consider their ways before there is no more time to correct them.

Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

248 members (1OntarioJim, 16penny, 160user, 22kHornet, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 24 invisible), 1,538 guests, and 934 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,177
Posts18,465,483
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.