Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
You better be lined up at really close range.

If I'm hunting big woods I use a Patternmaster code black goose tube (it measures about .710)...if in hunting big fields I put in a Pattermaster code black turkey I think its .665....either choke in my gun can do the job at 50 yards if need be.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
All I hunt is big woods, darn few fields in the national forest here. Early in the year when the woods are open before green up I usually use my trusty old Benelli M1 with either an Indian Creek or a Kick's turkey choke. With Hevi13 6's that old M1S90 has taken more than a few stubborn 50 yard gobblers in the open timber. Late season when things get greened up and bushy, I change out the turkey tube for a flush fit modified or often I'll break out my old 870 with plain modified barrel and 2.75" short magnum Winchester XX #6 loads. Late season in the timber means shots 30 yards and under, many times well under. The old 870 Wingmaster is a sentimental favorite that I have had since I was sixteen. That old shotgun is nearly silver, I have packed it so much as a young hunter I have the bluing nearly gone. It's fun to take it out once in awhile and it handles those sub 35 yard birds great.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by LFC
It takes a special kind of Idiot to shoot 410's for turkey.

I shot many turkey with my Parker .410, anybody can kill a turkey with a 12 ga, takes a real turkey hunter to bag one with a .410, just stupid talk

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by LFC
You guys must dip from the same Shinola can

Guess next you'll tell me how great #9 fairy dust sized shot kills turkeys.

you never seen what a 3" with #9 will do to a turkey, I have, missing head

L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by steveredd1
Originally Posted by LFC

I shot many turkey with my Parker .410, anybody can kill a turkey with a 12 ga, takes a real turkey hunter to bag one with a .410, just stupid talk

So that makes you a super turkey hunter?

IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by LFC
Originally Posted by LFC

never said that did i? you really talk stupid stuff, you really like to bully people on here. one thing for sure I'll forget more than your ever know, you got alot a growing up to do I suppose you can't kill a deer with a 22 long rifle either

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by LFC

i kill turkeys every year with a 410 and #9s

I probably shoot more shotshells in a year than you see, and a good share of them on a trap course. my trap gun has a pair of .655 constriction tubes in it. I wouldnt hesitate to use that gun and those chokes on turkeys

its pretty obvious you're the one who doesnt know Shidt from Shinola, well actuallt thats pretty clear on mist of your replies

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Originally Posted by LFC

i kill turkeys every year with a 410 and #9s

I probably shoot more shotshells in a year than you see, and a good share of them on a trap course. my trap gun has a pair of .655 constriction tubes in it. I wouldnt hesitate to use that gun and those chokes on turkeys

its pretty obvious you're the one who doesnt know Shidt from Shinola, well actuallt thats pretty clear on mist of your replies

I agree LFC think he knows everything but he dont, He probably hunted turkeys in the grocery store

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
If you shoot enough, things that "can't happen" tends to happen.

I've seen near 100 yard clays get broke, chokes that are "too open/tight" perform and break things at ranges they're not supposed to etc.

I averaged 1100 rounds a week for a couple years and one of the very cool things about sporting clays is that they don't separate the pros from the Joe's. If it's your class you might be squadded with Dave down the street or George Digweed/Andy Duffy/Jon Kruger and THEN you can see what can be done with a shotgun.

Me

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by LFC

Just listen....

I turkey hunt with an O/Ur I must be cool as hell.

In reality an O/Ur doesnt make a good turkey gun.....why because generally.the barrels don't shoot to the same point of impact.

who ever told you that or is that something you dreamed up

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
before my grandson was big enough for a 20 gauge, he killed 3 gobblers (one per year) with his single shot .410.
Then he killed more with his Mothers 20 gauge and then I gave him a Weatherby O/U 12 ga and the beat goes on!
He is now home from college for the holidays and we were joking about the cactus thorns where his last turkey died (this is Texas).
[Linked Image from jpgbox.com]

He toted it out to the truck and cleaned it back at the lodge. The Brazos River is back of those trees.

CRS, NRA Benefactor Life Member, Whittington Center, TSRA, DWWC, DRSS
Android Reloading Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/
L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by LFC

Just listen....

In reality an O/Ur doesnt make a good turkey gun.....why because generally.the barrels don't shoot to the same point of impact.

No body told me anything guess you missed the post where I told of the different over and unders I tested for point of impact.

L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by LFC
Originally Posted by LFC

never said that did i? you really talk stupid stuff, you really like to bully people on here. one thing for sure I'll forget more than your ever know, you got alot a growing up to do I suppose you can't kill a deer with a 22 long rifle either

You said "anybody can kill a turkey with a 12 gauge takes a real turkey hunter to kill one with a 410"

I just figured that made you some kind of super turkey hunter....

You know the real McCoy.

L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by MOGC
All I hunt is big woods, darn few fields in the national forest here. Early in the year when the woods are open before green up I usually use my trusty old Benelli M1 with either an Indian Creek or a Kick's turkey choke. With Hevi13 6's that old M1S90 has taken more than a few stubborn 50 yard gobblers in the open timber. Late season when things get greened up and bushy, I change out the turkey tube for a flush fit modified or often I'll break out my old 870 with plain modified barrel and 2.75" short magnum Winchester XX #6 loads. Late season in the timber means shots 30 yards and under, many times well under. The old 870 Wingmaster is a sentimental favorite that I have had since I was sixteen. That old shotgun is nearly silver, I have packed it so much as a young hunter I have the bluing nearly gone. It's fun to take it out once in awhile and it handles those sub 35 yard birds great.

Better get you a fow tin if you ever expect to be a real turkey hunter.

All kidding aside....you need to try some 2&3/4" Winchester Roosters #4 or #5 shot with the Shotlock Technology. The #4s shot really good in an old Win.97 I had.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by LFC
Originally Posted by LFC
Originally Posted by LFC

You said "anybody can kill a turkey with a 12 gauge takes a real turkey hunter to kill one with a 410"

You know the real McCoy.

I probably killed more turkeys with.my .410 Parker double than you ever will

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by LFC
Originally Posted by LFC

Just listen....

No body told me anything guess you missed the post where I told of the different over and unders I tested for point of impact.

you must buy cheap over and unders if you got that much of a point of impact between barrels

L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by LFC

You know the real McCoy.

If you don't mind me asking you being the real deal turkey man and all..

Just how many takeys you kilt with yo Parker foe'tin little feller ?

Are you shooting that magic fairy dust #9 shot through that Paaka....if so are you not concerned about damaging the barrel ?

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by LFC

Originally Posted by LFC
[quote=steveredd1][quote=LFC]

You know the real McCoy.

f you dont mind me asking you being the real deal turkey man and all..

Just how many takeys you kilt with yo Parker foe'tin little feller ?

Are you shooting that magic fairy dust #9 shot through that Paaka....if so are you not concerned about damaging the barrel ?

wow your a angry little boy aren't you, with .410 since I stated hunting in 1960 I would say 20 or 30ish, now with a 12 ga a whole alot more than that, you need to get hunting to catch up and all that with an plain jane Remington 870 with a 30" full barrel with 2 3/4 mags. I bet you would love to own that Parker GH grade .410 foe'tin little feller, but you could afford a fine piece of shotgun history

L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
The way you act I figured you for some young hot headed punk....I guess you're reliving your childhood.

You hunted turkeys since 1960.

That's a long time....where you do all your takey hunting at ?

You being the real deal I figured you'd kilt a truck load or two with that Paa'ka 410....heck I've killed 20 to 30 in one year.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by LFC
The way you act I figured you for some young hot headed punk....I guess you're reliving your childhood.

You hunted turkeys since 1960.

That's a long time....where you do all your takey hunting at ?

You being the real deal I figured you'd kilt a truck load or two with that Paa'ka 410....heck I've killed 20 to 30 in one year.

let's see, New York, Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia, Georgia Kentucky, Tennessee, North Carolina, South Carolina, Florida ect , I bet you did kill 20 to 30 in one year you don't even know the exact number. oh BTW you can keep listing your dies, I don't buy from dumb azz clowns

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

568 members (16penny, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 12344mag, 55 invisible), 2,380 guests, and 1,176 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,243
Posts18,466,884
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.