Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
M
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
M
Anyone have an AXIS 500 SxS from Lowe's? Kind of looks like the older Yamaha Rhino, but wondering how good these are? With the military discount it would be pretty well priced. Roof, Windshield and Winch are all included.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited by moreammoplz; 12/31/21.
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Most likely a Chinese Hisun who makes them for cabelas, tractor supply, Murdoch's etc.
No dealer support when you have a problem., I would not rely on it to be like a yamaha, polaris utv at all.
Price is nice with the stuff it comes with, but I would not buy one.
If you look at them at Lowe's site all the questions asked are referred to call the 1- 800 number.

Last edited by 5spd; 12/31/21.

Did I make you cry......boooo hooo, life goes on.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
They're only sold in a handful of states, mostly east of the big creek. There website here shows the 700 and it's out of stock.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
M
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
M
Thanks. Good to know. I have a Kawasaki Mule 610 that I don't use much and my father in law just sold his for $7,900 and it was a 2016. I was thinking if I could get $7,500 for my Mule and buy a new toy for around $8,000 I might look into it.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

Just buy a real SxS from one of the big three

Kawi.....Honda....Yamaha

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

IC B2

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Just buy a Polaris Ranger and be done with it....American company and the largest Atv/Utv manufacturer in the world and sells more UTVs Than the others combined ...Also parts are easy to find and fairly cheap.....I have tried them all and keep coming back to Polaris......My brother and Son rolled a 2015 Ranger 100 foot down the side of a mountain in East Ky this year... It rolled at least 3 times and landed on it wheels ...... We started it up the next morning cut a few trees and drove it out.....It needed a new hood and grill!!!! It had no damage to the roll cage just scratches ....I used it the rest of Hunting season and it ran perfect...

“When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.”
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by KentuckyMountainMan
Just buy a Polaris Ranger and be done with it....American company and the largest Atv/Utv manufacturer in the world and sells more UTVs Than the others combined ...Also parts are easy to find and fairly cheap.....I have tried them all and keep coming back to Polaris......My brother and Son rolled a 2015 Ranger 100 foot down the side of a mountain in East Ky this year... It rolled at least 3 times and landed on it wheels ...... We started it up the next morning cut a few trees and drove it out.....It needed a new hood and grill!!!! It had no damage to the roll cage just scratches ....I used it the rest of Hunting season and it ran perfect...
I assume you mean aftermarket parts prices? Luckily there are lots of aftermarket parts available. Polaris OEM parts are outrageous. I recently needed a new key switch. Aftermarket cost me about $20. OEM was $113. CV boots? Aftermarkets run about 20-$30 for a pair. OEM is 45-$50 EACH. I can't tell any difference in their life.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
my buddy just bought a new ranger 1000 EPS with no add ons but windshield roof, rear windo and winch and his tag was 27,000 youre out of your fugging mind to buy anything from Polaris right now. Before I bought my quad last month I specked out a similar Polaris.. 1000 cc, front winch, EPS, front and rear rack price tag was 18,500. we have a local company hat builds the grears, axles and other parts for Polaris....lots the empolyees there wont buy polaris mahcines

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
2021 Honda 500 Pioneer 500 about $8500 without roof or windshield or winch

Aftermarket full windshield $200-$600 depending on what you get
Aftermarket hard top Plastic roof ebay about $150}
Aftermarket Winch $150.00 and up

Honda 700 Base Model about $2000 more than the 500 if you want bigger Machine .

Tons of aftermarket parts for either and at cheaper prices than Factory parts
Tons of how to videos for either machine on you tube
Neither are speed demons but both are known to be reliable and durable,and for the Money I really Like my Pioneer 500.
About a 1,000 Pounds, 50 inches wide,length of about 103 inches,about 6 foot tall,2wd or 4whd with Manual paddle shift or Auto shift.
And Honda reliability

Stay with Honda....Yamaha....Kawasaki
Major Brands will give you better average reliability and Parts availability and support.

Faster horses,Younger women,Older Whiskey,More money

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Stay away from the Chinese crap. We have a 400 from Cabela's. Hisun. I will say, it always start up but parts are pricy. Our back axle is shidt and back brakes are blocked off.

It works for what we need it for but dang, id be happier with a Kawasaki mule.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I remember a friend of mine wanting to save some money, so he bought a new Rural King SxS UTV. Didn't take 6 months for the deal to go bad, and he was suffering from buyers remorse big time. He ended up junking it after a few years and buying a used JD Gator.

Word of advice from one Kentuckian to another.................do not buy UTV's or ATV's that are "store brand". Stick with the name brands. I happen to like Polaris, but there are other good brands.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Joel/AK
Stay away from the Chinese crap. We have a 400 from Cabela's. Hisun. I will say, it always start up but parts are pricy. Our back axle is shidt and back brakes are blocked off.

It works for what we need it for but dang, id be happier with a Kawasaki mule.

I agree on the Chinese crap. How old is your machine. I have been giving Bass Pro Tracker a look since they are now Arctic Cat stuff.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It's a 2014 model

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by tikkanut

Just buy a real SxS from one of the big three

Kawi.....Honda....Yamaha

This.

Couldn't GIVE me a Polaris anything.

As to the off brand stuff from the stores like Cabelas and the like - stay away there as well. The little you save becomes zero when you can't get parts, can't get service. You now have a "cheap" 7500 dollar boat anchor.

Me

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Buy from the big brands. I have a Honda Rancher 420. Absolutely no issues in the time I have had it. Seen too many of the knock offs have issues.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I have a Honda 700 deluxe. Put some brutal miles on it and it just keeps trucking along

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I had a 2007 Yamaha Rhino that I finally sold last year to a buddy. He needed something he could put dogs in. It’s still running fine. I looked at most of the sxs’s on the market and decided on a new Kawasaki. Three year warranty and power steering.
2021 Teryx 800
Camo with a roof was 16k OTD. I feel spoiled with the power steering.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Run from that china sxs.
I have a Polaris sxs 900xp 3-seater, power steering, roof insulated, glass all the way around, electric side windows, heater, windshield wipers- washer.
Adjustable steering wheel, rear -view mirror, radio. Remote winch Did I say heater-defroster? I have a 4-wheeler too, haven't drove it other than last summer 1 time.
Doors lift right off along with the rear window. You'd have to kill me to take it.

I would have got him too but a Dad Blam snow flake hit me in da eye....
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
My Polaris Turbo S and my Polaris xp1000 will go up about any goat trail around. We just point and shoot through the woods many times and make our own trails. Years ago we had a Can Am 1000 Commander. It was pretty decent for a multi purpose machine as well. Find a dealer you can work with, and buy a machine from them. Service is everything with these things. I even bought the extended warranty on both Polaris machines. The way we ride, stuff gets broken. A transmission for my Polaris is around 5000 bucks! Just food for thought.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Pay a little more just for the service and parts availability. We paid 14k out the door for our mule pro MX SE. So much nicer and Kawasaki dealers all over.

Went cheap before and bit us, not again. The mule is a cheap machine but dang, the support along pays for the extra.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

136 members (257wthbylover, 300_savage, 5sdad, 2ndwind, 17CalFan, 21 invisible), 1,788 guests, and 966 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,511
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.