24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Some day I will probably be in similar shoes. I hope to have enough grandchildren to be able to give them all they could ever need... but given the lazy trend of today, creating children might be too much work.

My wife thinks I am crazy to want a model 21 winchester more than a nice truck, but it is what it is....my problem is who will appreciate it when I go? The cz ringneck next to it looks nicer to everyone else.

I'm sad to hear that you are in such a spot in life, but feel blessed to be there and not on the shallow end of achievements in life.

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.
BP-B2

A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
We don't have any children. None of my stuff is worth much, but there's a bunch of it. When it is my time, I hope my wife consigns it with an auction house, should get her a few bucks.

My best wishes to Rifleman1st. It is a road we will all travel, sooner or later.

RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Find someone not too tired to list them online for you.

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
This is something we are all going to be faced with one day. It has been on my mind quite a bit lately. I dont know why. I am 70, in good health, still raising cattle and take on some welding jobs from time to time. Have a couple to start soon. I do this because I enjoy it and it helps out my neighbors, not because I have to have the money.

I have accumulated a lot of stuff. Tools, equipment, trucks and guns. I have several guns that belonged to my great, great, great grandfather, an 1873 Winchester rifle and two Bannerman pump shotguns. Have guns that belonged to my grandfather and my dad. I have two boys who are interested but it is overwhelming for them. One boy said when you die I am just going to move to your place. It will be easier than try to clean it up! Maybe that's the answer.

I hope you can work through this and everything turns out good for you.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Plenty of people here that would gladly post pictures for you if needed

Last edited by win7stw; 01/01/22.
IC B2

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by high_country_
Some day I will probably be in similar shoes. I hope to have enough grandchildren to be able to give them all they could ever need... but given the lazy trend of today, creating children might be too much work.

My wife thinks I am crazy to want a model 21 winchester more than a nice truck, but it is what it is....my problem is who will appreciate it when I go? The cz ringneck next to it looks nicer to everyone else.

I'm sad to hear that you are in such a spot in life, but feel blessed to be there and not on the shallow end of achievements in life.

Lots of people have nice trucks.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
Consignment at a trusted gun shop worked well when a dear friend passed.

The shop got 20% and it was well worth it.
They sold online and locally and knew value was higher than we'd guessed.

"Camping places fix themselves in your mind as if you had spent long periods of your life in them.
You will remember a curve of your wagon track in the grass of the plain like the features of a friend."
Isak Dinesen

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Sorry for whatever your situation is. Understand not wanting to talk about it.
I figure the people who pay top bid at auction or market price at a store have proven they’ll appreciate it.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Going through it right now. Only 1 grandson and nephew to leave things to. Started with around 70 guns. Down to 45/50 now. Sell one or two occasionally and it is not too much trouble. Just sold a 10/22 magnum at the local gun show last week. Planning on getting down to 20 or so to leave. Will spend what I get on the others on travel. Or gas. They just said it is going to $4 a gallon this year.

Some mornings, it just does not feel worth it to chew through the straps!~
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Assuming that gun ownership is still legal, I told my wife at my passing, to try and sell my .375 AI here on the “fire”! I have no one in my family that would appreciate it, load for it, or use it! Maybe it will get a good home! Hopefully, it will mean as much to someone as it does to me.....and may they make many good memories!

And for God’s sake.....DO NOT PUT A BRAKE ON IT!! memtb

Last edited by memtb; 01/01/22.

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I imagine I will be in the same boat soon. Have actually thought about it.

No kids of my own (that I've been informed of whistle ).

Siblings have a few, but none that could be called hard core gunny types. Cousin has a young man child, just starting out life on his own that might take one or two. Another nephew has a couple of little boys I could leave something for, in his care until they are old enough.

Might just sell a couple to finance something like a nice dinner for the wife and I.

Never know, someone here be nice to me.....................................no telling.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Valsdad

Siblings have a few, but none that could be called hard core gunny types. Cousin has a young man child, just starting out life on his own that might take one or two. Another nephew has a couple of little boys I could leave something for, in his care until they are old enough.

Might just sell a couple to finance something like a nice dinner for the wife and I.

Never know, someone here be nice to me.....................................no telling.

How nice they gotta be/whatcha got?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It appears many of us here at the Fire are looking at the same situation. I have one son and one grand son who might be interested. I have 2 grand daughters but neither has expressed any interest in shooting sports or hunting. I guess I need a plan. I better get to thinking on it or the wife will have them down to the nearest pawn shop getting what I told her I paid for them.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
No grandkids.
Im the last of my name.
Eyes suck so no competition rigs.
Just a few to pop critters.

When i die my youngest will deal w my crap.
Shes smart and knows a bit about this stuff, so she can get decent money for em.

Got nothing fancy, but not total.junk either.

Last edited by hookeye; 01/01/22.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I told my wife to give them to a friend. Then I asked him to give her some money for them. Best I can do. Unless I got son in laws.

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
A lot of us here are going to be in that boat before long. I may move some before long,but if I did I would probably buy more. I’d try selling some here. Buy a cheap hard case. It comes in a cardboard box, slap shipping info on it, boom, it’s ready to ship.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I'll wait till the sunset, sell 90% and pay down any remaining debt so the kids won't have to deal with it. The remains I'll give to my son in law and God son.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 19352012
Originally Posted by Valsdad

How nice they gotta be/whatcha got?

Nothing really special, just a coupla "decent" ones.

And I have a few that folks would have to mostly reload for unless they have MONEY ......................256 Win Mag, 25-20, .303 Brit, 6.5x55

Not a .270 to be found anywhere around here, maybe a piece or two of brass I found at the range.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
My wife and two sons can deal with it when I’m gone. I won’t give a chit at that point.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
I have this thing where I don't have any regard for money.

Thankfully my wife does.

My kids will get everything. I will be gone anyway so it won't matter.

Its just stuff.

I am MAGA.
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
335 members (160user, 257 mag, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 2UP, 36 invisible), 2,014 guests, and 921 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,593
Posts18,397,962
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.