Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I've owned a large number of .22s over the years, but other than the Remington 33 I inherited from my father, the stable is down to a BSA Martini Model 13; a custom small frame Martini built on Greener take-down action, a Mauser Model 340B and a Walther Sportmodell Meisterbuchse with the Olympic style stock. Of those, other than the Remington, the last one to go would be the custom Martini, which I had engraved by Ken Hurst (the former head of the Colt engraving shop).

GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by GrouseChaser
What are some of the most desireable, collectable (or valuble) .22 RF rifles?

I normally don't pay much attention to .22 RF, though I do have a couple Winchester (M61, 63, and 9422). Are any European makes particularly sought after?

You’re going to have to define “desirable” … do you want one that looks pretty or one that will shoot lights out? Because some of the Kimber’s they put out back in the day are nothing short of eye candy!!! Now if you want a factory rifle that will flat shoot I’d say you want a big action Anschutz! I have both, Kimber is a fine rifle and looks beautiful but won’t shoot nothing like My Anschutz 54 Match will!!! If you don’t have a 54 Annie and enjoy accurate rifles that’d be my pick!

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Bodkin84
Originally Posted by GrouseChaser
What are some of the most desireable, collectable (or valuble) .22 RF rifles?

I normally don't pay much attention to .22 RF, though I do have a couple Winchester (M61, 63, and 9422). Are any European makes particularly sought after?

You’re going to have to define “desirable” … do you want one that looks pretty or one that will shoot lights out? Because some of the Kimber’s they put out back in the day are nothing short of eye candy!!! Now if you want a factory rifle that will flat shoot I’d say you want a big action Anschutz! I have both, Kimber is a fine rifle and looks beautiful but won’t shoot nothing like My Anschutz 54 Match will!!! If you don’t have a 54 Annie and enjoy accurate rifles that’d be my pick!

What about a Cooper? Those are beautiful rifles and they tend to shoot well.. Expensive though.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E

I hear good things about the CZ 452 and 453, though I haven't seen one mention in 4 pages.

My heart's in the mountains, my heart is not here.
My heart's in the mountains, chasing the deer.
W
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
W
Coopers are very nice and shoot well and have wonderful wood but they do have their problems. I had to send one of mine back because the ejector fell out. They had to replace it and tighten things up. Good customer service.

I am shooting much better accuracy with my Anschutz. Scopes and mounting matter.

Many to choose from!

IC B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Remington40x
I've owned a large number of .22s over the years, but other than the Remington 33 I inherited from my father, the stable is down to a BSA Martini Model 13; a custom small frame Martini built on Greener take-down action, a Mauser Model 340B and a Walther Sportmodell Meisterbuchse with the Olympic style stock. Of those, other than the Remington, the last one to go would be the custom Martini, which I had engraved by Ken Hurst (the former head of the Colt engraving shop).

Ken Hurst engraved one of my rifles. He did great work, may he RIP

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I "had" a nice 1922 M2 Springfield. Should have kept it.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I updated one of my favorites last week, a military training rifle, .22 LR caliber Lee-Enfield No.2 MkIV with the addition of a kinda rare BSA/Parker-Hale rear aperture target sight.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

(Single shot rifle, and the empty cartridge case falls off the extractor and into the hollow .303 magazine. Actually takes quite a few shots to fill it before dumping it out.)

Last edited by gnoahhh; 12/27/21.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Another vote for the Cooper (should be no surprise there). I have a first year Cooper 57M with a two digit Ser. #. I also had to have a Belgian Browning T-Bolt, which I added this year. I've wanted one since I was a teen and I found one made in 1966 that was in pristine condition. It was a salt gun that Browning restored to new condition and which the owner then put away. That was very desirable to me.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Always on the lookout for original Winchester M69s. Prefer the M69 over M69A but will buy either if the money asked is right.

IC B3

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by slm9s
Any love for Nula?

Yes. I was wondering why it wasn’t on here..

Regards,
Nick- Georgia
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by PennDog
Originally Posted by cisco1

I forgot about my Mausers . The sporter that was made to compete with the Win 52 was the Mauser Mm410b. The bolt lift so high scope has to be very high also. But shoots good with irons.

Walther long BBL Sport Modells interesting also.

Cisco have a Mm410b that was sporterized by Johann Springer in 1949 - classy rifle and has period scope also installed by Springer…….was given to me by a good friend in his will. Bolt handle altered but not really necessary with the scope that was used (Hensolt with straight tube that is sub 1”). By far and away my “most desireravle” .22👍

PennDog

Wow....that is the most desirable in a stable of very desirable .22rf....

Regards,
Nick- Georgia
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Originally Posted by eaglemountainman

I hear good things about the CZ 452 and 453, though I haven't seen one mention in 4 pages.

CZ makes very nice rifles but they are fairly "common". The 452 and 453 have been discontinued but are still fairly readily available with a little digging.

I have a 452 Ultra Lux and have owned 453's in .22 and .17 HMR, they work well with the set triggers (on the 453's). They are not in the same league as many mentioned previously though. The 453's are scarcer and do have a following with some demand.

I have an Anschutz 54 Match and that gun will shoot circles around any of my CZ's. One of the most precise and crisp triggers I have ever felt.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Original Winchester 52 Sporter

C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
A while back I took a deep breath and made the leap into a pre-war colt ace.
I’ve not regret it since

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
Some nice ones pictured! Thanks for posting!

In order I have owned a Browning T-bolt T-2 Deluxe from 1969, (beautiful but not super accurate), a Winchester 52E heavy barrel target, a Winchester 52A standard target, a Remington 512, a Browning .22 Auto takedown, a Winchester 75 target, a Remington 541 KS and a Winchester 69A.

The only ones I have today are a Cooper 57M Classic Sporter with a Leupold VX3 4..5-14x40 w/AO and VH reticule. Also a Ruger 10-22 Sporter with the nicest wood I've ever seen on one, upgraded with a custom Shilen barrel and Timney trigger. And finally a very nice CZ 455 switch barrel American Sporter.

As per accuracy, the Winchester 52's, the Cooper Sporter and the Remington 541 KS were tops. For looks the Cooper Sporter, Ruger Sporter and CZ455 American are tops in my book and why they are in the safe, (but get used too).

Last edited by Kurt52; 05/02/22.
N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
Remington 40-X Sporter (repeater)

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A lot of great rimfire .22s. Many European brands such as Anchütz, Feinwerk, etc.
The US has a lot of great designers, such as Vudoo, Rim X, Volquartsen, Cooper , among many others.

Also pistols such as SW model 41, Volquartsen, Browning target.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by buttstock
Original Win 52 or 75 sporters, Win 52 E International?

"Desirability" is in the eye of the beholder. They can be pure high end, or just plain interesting or nostalgic to a buyer. A well-made , well-designed firearm is always interesting, and desirable. It doesn't HAVE to be rare or expensive, or " investment grade. " I enjoy my Winchester 310. It's just a nice well-made, accurate, simple, and relatively low-cost rifle.

I recently sold a nice Win 52c target rifle ( not a sporter), and shooting my Anschutz 1411 more. The reason? It's easy to put a scope on my grooved receiver Anschutz 1411. I didn't want to drill and tap my Win 52c. The Win 52c may be more "desirable" and have more upside collector potential than my Anschutz 1411, but TO ME being able to easily mount a scope on my Anschutz makes it more desirable.

To thine own self be true. Own what floats your boat, and meets YOUR criteria for "desirability.".

Good post buttstock. Here's one I really like. I've shot a lot of 22lr's, but none of them every gave me the satisfaction this one does:
It shoots about MOA with the ammo it likes.

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Guess on my part, but one that does this is ain't a bad place to start.

Very nice. My cheap Savage MK1 FVT did that on its first group:

The reason it was not in the X-ring. Its always a damn good sign when it does that with the first 10 rounds... You know it's a keeper when that happens..

BSA MAGA
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

326 members (1_deuce, 10gaugemag, 264mag, 16penny, 1beaver_shooter, 2five7, 41 invisible), 2,710 guests, and 1,077 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,277
Posts18,467,609
Members73,927
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.