Print Thread
Hop To
T
tcp Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
I would like to purchase a SIMPLE electronic caller primarily for coyote hunting in Wisconsin. I had a FoxPro many years ago but the remote function was non intuitive. I also am a low tech guy and will not be loading sd cards with sounds etc.

I was attracted to the ICOtech gen2 GC300 as it looks simple but the reviews I read were not very positive.

Any recomendations are appreciated, especially if carried by Cabelas as I have some points to burn.

Thanks

If you can't be a good example, may you at least serve as a dreadful warning
GB1

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Afternoon, just get a couple of blow into type rabbit or coon squaullers, maybe a howler,, just go blow on the squallers like ya just caught yer nuts in the barb wire fence works reeeeel good!!! Yer welcome! I know, really phugn helpful. Bill. πŸ‘£πŸΎπŸ‘£πŸΎπŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦

K
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
K
A Johnny Stewart Preymaster is a great no frills caller. Super simple to use and works great. It's no longer in production but I bet a WTB ad or eBay could turn one up easy enough.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Johnny Stewart Grim Speaker G-2, simple, 12 sounds and inexpensive, Oh, it calls coyotes too. I bought one to test to see it I would recommend it to someone on a budget.. I do.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Last edited by erich; 01/02/22.

After the first shot the rest are just noise.

Make mine a Minaska

Heaven has walls and rules, H-ll has open borders
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
The newer foxpros have remotes that are much more intuitive but not cheap. I have a Cs24c that works great on coyotes.

NRA Patron
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Price not a concern I think the simplest to run caller beyond a button for each sound is Wildlife Tech, each sound has a number, punch the number into the remote and you have the sound., old Minaska's were set up the same but were in banks of 10, you needed to enter the bank number then 1-10 to select the sound. The FP tx-500/501 remote was similar and had the option of scrolling to the sound, I have both and of my callers it is my least favorite as it is prone to dirt in the on off swithch and the remote doesn't always do what you expect., great sound..

WT

CS-24 w'tx-500 remote

Minaskka M-1 Bandit, 20 yrs old and still calling coyotes, great caller for long hikes

The JS Preymaster was a good caller but the sound card slots did get crap in them and would get dicey if the sound would work. I diid make one remote with a video camera remote recording system, killed a lot of coyotes over it..

All of these will run on AA alkaline batteries as I do alot of remote hunting/camping trips and have no place to charge, I buy batteries in 100 pks so are quite reasonable. I did ust purchase AA rechargeable and a charger that will plug into my truck or MC power port. I still pack along a coouple sleeves of AA incase something goes wrong.

Last edited by erich; 01/03/22.

Make mine a Minaska

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Is WT still in business? I remember the owner of WT as an... interesting feller.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yes still in business and yes quite an interesting old guy, he passed just a couple weeks ago but his wife has been pretty much running the business and said she will be keeping it open.

Make mine a Minaska

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

474 members (1OntarioJim, 204guy, 222ND, 10gaugeman, 1Longbow, 17CalFan, 38 invisible), 1,943 guests, and 1,105 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,064
Posts18,463,432
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.