Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 45 1 2 3 4 5 44 45
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by reivertom
No, but 100% of truthful believers in Christ are.

So by extension, if none of it is true no one is Saved.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
BP-B2

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by Huntz
Originally Posted by FOsteology
Saved, from what?

Happy Crappers stupid posts.

The unhappy noncamper is satan is disguise.

Amen.

Hippie's a great Christian.
He'd be right at home in the employee of Tomás de Torquemada.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Didn't watch the video, but according to the most recent Pew Research survey the answer is a resounding NO.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Jesus said there would be few that follow the straight & narrow route, so I say no. I can't say whether anyone is saved, reprobate or in between. It's between them and God.

Romans 5:1
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Do all the millions of races of space aliens have the same God? Same Bible? Did Jay Zus go to all of them? Do they all have their own heaven or does every being have to share just one?

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

IC B2

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
Wrong DBT.
"Reward "would be earning your acceptance with God due to YOUR good works. The only thing God owes you or can reward you with is punishment for your sins.
Since His Son was nearly beaten to death in extreme torture, then nailed with spikes to suffer the torments of everyone's sins, He was rewarded with the death we deserve.
He offers not only a full pardon, but forgiveness.
Free for the asking.
Only a fool would turn that down.

Pascals Wager is flawed for a number of reasons. Morally, Ethically, what it says about the character of God, etc...

What if someone is fallable, incapable of good works, exploitative, selfish, greedy, yet has great faith in Jesus?

Or someone who has no 'faith in Jesus' yet is a great humanitarian, engaged in helping those in need and is doing their best to build a better society?

The former is saved while the latter burns in hell?

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by UncleAlps
Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

The God of Love seeks to instill fear?

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Do all the millions of races of space aliens have the same God? Same Bible? Did Jay Zus go to all of them? Do they all have their own heaven or does every being have to share just one?

God might be an alien, although on the other hand it is alleged that he created man in his own image so therefore he must be an ape - a space ape?

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by UncleAlps
Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

To the superstitious primitives it's an open door to fantasy.

Well?
T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T

Discussion/ debate, from the Bible, on whether or not the majority of people are saved (going to heaven).
12:48

AFTER listening, what is your opinion?

No opinion, but a question: how long have you been a whack-job? Seriously. You're nuts. crazy

Tarquin
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think Jesus is an inspiring figure that we can learn a lot from regardless of what one’s beliefs are. Not all conversations about Him have to involve conversion or church or the Bible or salvation or anything else that typically goes along with these kinds of conversations. Regardless of what people’s thoughts are about Him, He dealt with a lotta the struggles that we deal with every day. And he made friends with people who were nothing like Him, and they made friends with each other because of their love for Him.

There are other expectations and understandings of Jesus than what many people typically currently have. I think it’s likely that many people are open to exploring more about Jesus…not religion and all that it entails…but Jesus period, and many more likely think the world would be a better place if His teachings were actually lived by many more of those who profess to be His followers, and by those who don’t.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by antlers
I think the stories of Jesus is an are inspiring figure morality tales that we can learn a lot from regardless of what one’s beliefs are. Not all conversations about Him have to involve conversion or church or the Bible or salvation or anything else that typically goes along with these kinds of conversations. Regardless of what people’s thoughts are about Him, He dealt with a lotta the struggles that we deal with every day. And he made friends with people who were nothing like Him, and they made friends with each other because of their love for Him.

There are other expectations and understandings of Jesus than what many people typically currently have. I think it’s likely that many people are open to exploring more about Jesus…not religion and all that it entails…but Jesus period, and many more likely think the world would be a better place if His teachings were actually lived by many more of those who profess to be His followers, and by those who don’t.

Some minor adjustments so we can agree....

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
How moral is a blood sacrifice as a condition for forgiveness? How moral is a conditional salvation based on faith, expecting a conviction in the absence of evidence?

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
People? as in physically alive?

0% are saved.

Kent

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I don't know about saved, but the majority of people who I have met lack common sense.

L
LBP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by DBT
Wrong DBT.
"Reward "would be earning your acceptance with God due to YOUR good works. The only thing God owes you or can reward you with is punishment for your sins.
Since His Son was nearly beaten to death in extreme torture, then nailed with spikes to suffer the torments of everyone's sins, He was rewarded with the death we deserve.
Free for the asking.

Pascals Wager is flawed for a number of reasons. Morally, Ethically, what it says about the character of God, etc...

What if someone is fallable, incapable of good works, exploitative, selfish, greedy, yet has great faith in Jesus?

Or someone who has no 'faith in Jesus' yet is a great humanitarian, engaged in helping those in need and is doing their best to build a better society?

Exactly right. Works don’t save anyone, only believing in Jesus Christ sacrifice for your sins and resurrection will save you.

Will Munny: It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.

Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by LBP
Originally Posted by DBT
Wrong DBT.
Free for the asking.

Exactly right. Works don’t save anyone, only believing in Jesus Christ sacrifice for your sins and resurrection will save you.

If only it were that simple:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Well?
DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by LBP
Originally Posted by DBT
Wrong DBT.
Free for the asking.

So you see this as being moral and just? Saving an arse*hole because he has 'faith in Jesus' is preferable to saving a humanist who strives towards a higher standard of morality?

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by LBP
Originally Posted by DBT
Wrong DBT.
Free for the asking.

I'm glad that you understand God's grace LBP!
Who led you to the Lord? Sunday school teacher?

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by LBP
Originally Posted by DBT
Wrong DBT.
Free for the asking.

So you see this as being moral and just? Saving an arse*hole because he has 'faith in Jesus' is preferable to saving a humanist who strives towards a higher standard of morality?

"All have sinned and come short of the glory of God."
That starts with me. None of us are worthy of God's kindness.

I was directed to this O.T. Proverb. 20
"Most men will proclaim every one his own goodness: but a faithful man who can find?" And...
"Who can say, I have made my heart clean, I am pure from my sin?"

We can compare ourselves to others who appear morally inferior just as we could search and find others who seem to have holiness. However, the proverbs still apply. God doesn't grade on a curve. It's pass or fail. He said to a "holy" man,

"He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God."

Page 3 of 45 1 2 3 4 5 44 45

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
382 members (204guy, 280shooter, 29aholic, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 16penny, 46 invisible), 2,260 guests, and 1,110 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,723
Posts18,400,595
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.