-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I carry a Hubertus lever lock with stag handles daily.

GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Benchmade mini barrage I carry and use hard every day. Probably oughta go back for a service some time?

The other is a 970T my wife bought me when we had our first baby. $30 we seriously couldn’t afford at the time. We we’re saving for a down payment on a construction loan for me to build our house. We made $32k a year before taxes combined and saved $10k that year. She went without but spent that money on me. Engraved with my daughters name and the year. They’d done a review on it in Fur, fish and game and I told her I was going to buy it one day when we had a little extra money. Both these mean more than any custom I own.
Crazy how times change….
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Last edited by jackmountain; 01/03/22.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Benchmade mini barrage I carry and use hard every day. Probably oughta go back for a service some time?

The other is a 970T my wife bought me when we had our first baby. $30 we seriously couldn’t afford at the time. We we’re saving for a down payment on a construction loan for me to build our house. We made $32k a year before taxes combined and saved $10k that year. She went without but spent that money on me. Engraved with my daughters name and the year. They’d done a review on it in Fur, fish and game and I told her I was going to buy it one day when we had a little extra money. Both these mean more than any custom I own.
Crazy how times change….

Great story and a knife with value that money can't buy.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Boker W.C. Davis Hunter II
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Schrade Improved Muskrat or a Case Trapper,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I tend to use more than enough gun
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MOGC

Crazy how times change….

Great story and a knife with value that money can't buy.

Big +1!

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
Me too Judman...

Nice!

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by LongSpurHunter
Opinel No. 6, they weigh nothing but still do what I need a knife to do.

From this morning's hunt. It was 76 on New Years, today 26 and 2 inches of snow.

Them things are incredibly sharp!

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger

Crazy how times change….

Makes me glad my 720 has aluminum handles. Used it as a hammer on many occasion.

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
I've got some custom slip joints but I don't carry them very often.

Day in day out, I carry a case slimline trapper and a chris reeve small sebenza. They have both seen lots of use and abuse and both still work just as intended.

For Christmas I received a benchmade bugout that's a SMKW exclusive, it has M4 steel and g10 scales instead of plastic. I've been carrying it ever since and so far I really like it.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Dude, I have a Bugout from the Benchmade Custom Shop with G10 scales. Changing the scales on the Bugout really does makes it a nice solid little lightweight EDC.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Dude, I have a Bugout from the Benchmade Custom Shop with G10 scales. Changing the scales on the Bugout really does makes it a nice solid little lightweight EDC.

It sure does, it's like a different knife from the zytel model.

I doubt the bugout will stand up to the abuse of some other models but I appreciate it for being slim, light and having a thin, slicey blade.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I started carrying a GEC 72 in elk back when they used the 2 squirrels on the blade as their trademark. My son and I hunted squirrels together way back then and elk when he got older. Seemed natural that I should start collecting GEC elk knives with the squirrels on the blade.
I believe I have at least one of every pattern and variation that GEC has made in elk. Some of those are indeed rare and all are now hard to find let alone afford.

Like Vince said, the prices have skyrocketed like crazy. I still enjoy carrying the ones that I set aside for casual carry.

For everyday carry, any Spyderco as long as its a Delica.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I have a handful and prefer a pocket clip - the Ontario Rat 2 in D2 seems to be the one I carry the most.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
What JGray said. +One of the best for the money out there.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Reading through this thread tells me that lots of you guys are carrying knives with more sentimental value than you would ever want to lose. I nearly lost the Schmidt & Ziegler stock knife that my late little sister had given me back when we were just kids. Ask yourself how you would feel if you lost your edc? Now mine is a replaceable A.G. Russell mini lock back with a 2.25" drop point ATS 34 blade. That little one rides around in my jeans upper right front mini pocket and never falls out. It is a Chris Reeve Small Sebenza come deer season.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Windfall
Reading through this thread tells me that lots of you guys are carrying knives with more sentimental value than you would ever want to lose. I nearly lost the Schmidt & Ziegler stock knife that my late little sister had given me back when we were just kids. Ask yourself how you would feel if you lost your edc? Now mine is a replaceable A.G. Russell mini lock back with a 2.25" drop point ATS 34 blade. That little one rides around in my jeans upper right front mini pocket and never falls out. It is a Chris Reeve Small Sebenza come deer season.

Rather lose it than never carry it. Better to have loved and lost than never have loved it all.

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
Yeah, I'd hate to lose my 720, but I'm not a complete retard and look after my stuff.

Right up until I lose it!

LOL.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Windfall

A tool doesn't get to be a favorite by sitting in a box, it gets to be a favorite thru use and experiences.

"243/85TSX It's as if the HAMMER OF THOR were wielded by CHUCK NORRIS himself, and a roundhouse kick thrown in for good measure."
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
I carry a cheap Gerber LST. Easy to sharpen, but 420 SS? so edge doesn’t keep. But easy to sharpen. They are now up to $23 @ the Chinese embassy, so easy to replace if lost or when the blade gets worn thin.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

510 members (16penny, 12344mag, 160user, 17CalFan, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 39 invisible), 1,796 guests, and 1,115 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,230
Posts18,447,730
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.