Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by slumlord
Renegade60 always calls me walmart soon as gets a new batch of minutes on his TracFone. They have that mexican vendomatic with the phone cards in it.

A real Bud would’ve bought ole Rene a Smartphone for Christmas. 😜

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I haven't been in Walmart as much since we got the new Dollar General .

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Since they have gone self checkout nuts I try to shop where they have checkers and salespersons to help. K Mart is gone and now its Walmart's turn to suck prior to their demise. GW

If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. MACHIAVELLI
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Isn't there a websight "the people of walmart" to enjoy looking at pics of freaks

https://www.peopleofwalmart.com/

Figures don't lie, But Liars figure
Assumption is the mother of mistakes
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by oldtimer303
Since they have gone self checkout nuts I try to shop where they have checkers and salespersons to help. K Mart is gone and now its Walmart's turn to suck prior to their demise. GW

Our Dollar General has self checkout now. It’s friggin awesome.

No more old people squinting at the Chesterfields, or toothless idiots counting out nickels.

Swipe and go

Tired of my beer getting warm behind Luddites

IC B2

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Been doing their online order- - - -curbside pickup for groceries for quite a while. Our local Wally World had a pretty good reloading department a while back- - - -powder, primers, bullets, dies, load manuals, even RCBS shell holders and decapping pins. I haven't checked lately, but it's doubtful they will have much, if anything in stock.

One nice thing about the curbside pickup- - - - -I don't have to dodge the 400 pound N i g g a p o t a m u s on the electric scooter!

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Walmart is one place I have NO ISSUES with wearing a face mask....It protects me from the Methhead or 400 lb Walmart shoppers...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
Been doing their online order- - - -curbside pickup for groceries for quite a while. Our local Wally World had a pretty good reloading department a while back- - - -powder, primers, bullets, dies, load manuals, even RCBS shell holders and decapping pins. I haven't checked lately, but it's doubtful they will have much, if anything in stock.

One nice thing about the curbside pickup- - - - -I don't have to dodge the 400 pound N i g g a p o t a m u s on the electric scooter!

I just can't get into the idea of letting some Walmart employee pick out our groceries, much preferring to choose exactly the specific item I want. For instance, on products with expiration dates I always pick the newest stocked. I also always look for the freshest and best looking vegetables and fruit and the same with fresh meat. Frozen items I get last so they won't start to thaw while we are wandering up and down aisles. Walmart's order pullers don't give a rip about expiration dates, freshness, dented cans, damaged packaging, partially thawed goods, etc., etc., when they are pulling orders. I see them pulling orders in the store every time we are shopping there and they just grab whatever is easiest to reach, throw into a bin on their pushcart and move on.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gene270
we have started shopping target more and more lately...
cleaner brighter more organised and stocked shelves and what seems to be a better clients when it comes to customers

there is nothing in a target that we need.place reminds me of a old roses store only thing is you have to walk your ass off to see nothing because the stores are huge.

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Wifey goes, ain’t been in many years

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Only good thing about the Targets….

Soccer moms in yoga pants.

Ba-bammm…..

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by srwshooter
cleaner brighter more organised and stocked shelves and what seems to be a better clients when it comes to customers

there is nothing in a target that we need.place reminds me of a old roses store only thing is you have to walk your ass off to see nothing because the stores are huge.

Ditto... literally nothing a man would ever need or use in a Target.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by slumlord
Luddites...

I had to Google that...

Nice job!

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Forchanetly I still have a local produce market, bakery and butcher shop to go to, they exclusively have my support. I do mail-order some beef products from a in state ranch.
I just like shopping where I can support smaller local independently owned and operated business's.

For paper products, dog food and crapola like chips and such I shop at any walmart competitor.

Call me old-fashioned but I even go a few blocks out of my way to buy fuel at a locally owned station. There are times he'll be charging as much as 5 cents more a gallon than the corporate chains which means I pay like 85 cents more to fill up. It's a extravagantce I can afford in attempt to support a local business owner.

To each his own.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
I go to walmart regularly. Really no place to go and get everything in one place close. The other grocery store in town has less stock and cost 25% more. Our Walmart Supercenter sucks and is the.worst managed one I have ever been to. But it has put the other places out of business.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

…and sometimes when you use the restroom, you get a surprise😜

We’re hunkered down. I go to Martin’s every two or three weeks and shoot clays on Wednesday with Mike, Henry, Ron and some others. That’s about it.

You should try the clays if you can get off.

What fresh Hell is this?
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag

Been in there once. 20 years ago, looked for a sporting goods section and was very disappointed, walked out n ain't been back.

Aren't they pro queer?

Yes. Along with the rest of corporate America.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RJY66
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag

Been in there once. 20 years ago, looked for a sporting goods section and was very disappointed, walked out n ain't been back.

Aren't they pro queer?

Yes. Along with the rest of corporate America.

Was in the auto repair place again yesterday, where they have a Fox affiliate on the tube. If you went by who’s on the talk shows, about 1-3 people are some kind of “variant”. That’s probably a 1000-fold increase over those I see out on the street. 🤔

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Pappy348

…and sometimes when you use the restroom, you get a surprise😜

I would thought Target went belly-up some years ago but such is plainly not the case.

My 10yo granddaughter loves Target, even more’n WalMart. Restrooms ain’t been an issue yet, but Tks for the heads up.

Nothing in Target is remotely interesting to me, not even a suggestion of hunting and fishing.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Supply Chain wise - Targets use of BOPIS has given them an edge over Walmart in e-com. Amazon is basically copying the idea in areas.

I don't shop at Walmart because the stuff I buy there is lower quality than elsewhere.

Their OTIF demands tend to put a rush on suppliers. What good is saving 4 bucks on a shirt at Walmart if I have to buy 3 of them to last as long as one I buy at Fleet Farm?

Name 1 thing you get at Walmart that is SUPERIOR or unobtainable elsewhere at a competitive price?

Fleet Farm and the internet have me covered without giving money to the Blue vests...

Me

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

647 members (1234, 19rabbit52, 007FJ, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 1936M71, 59 invisible), 2,594 guests, and 1,267 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,694
Posts18,456,603
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.