Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Whats the latest on the possibility of Barrett producing Fieldcraft again? Lost cause or a possible comeback.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
GB1

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
they build sniper rifles and have a huge contract

this was a side project. the interview the son did with Q guy hinted it's not anytime soon they'll be back to market.

O
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
O
Originally Posted by Boarmaster123
Whats the latest on the possibility of Barrett producing Fieldcraft again? Lost cause or a possible comeback.

Last I heard they were selling the design/intellectual property to someone else, but I haven't heard anything else since.

Edit:

Fieldcraft Rifles

Last edited by orientalexpress; 01/05/22.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by orientalexpress
Originally Posted by Boarmaster123

Last I heard they were selling the design/intellectual property to someone else, but I haven't heard anything else since.

Edit:

Fieldcraft Rifles

Well, it looks like the Barrett version of the Fieldcraft is gone. I guess it remains to be seen what the new Corp does with it. I’d love to see some prototypes at this year’s SHOT show, but I have no idea if or when anything is going to happen…

Last edited by Capt_Craig; 01/05/22.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Maybe they just created the entity so they could sell it. We’ve all seen what happens when some “enthusiast” or money guy, or even another gun company buys a firearms company and tries to run it. Usually doesn’t end well.

What fresh Hell is this?
IC B2

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
The name and address of the company agent for Fieldcraft LLC is the owner of a paint & powder coating company in Tennessee.

http://www.foutchindustries.com/

Don't speculate when you don't know, and don't second guess when you do.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ndbowhunter

this was a side project. the interview the son did with Q guy hinted it's not anytime soon they'll be back to market.

Link?

"Chances Will Be Taken"

O
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
O
The Field Craft civilian rifle was a stop-gap to help pay bills, keep staff employed, and keep machines running, in between multi-year, multi-million dollar, government contracts. Barrett is a government contractor. The civilian market is what they do to fill production capacity in between government contracts. "Filling capacity" will not be an issue for Barrett for the next 4-5 years.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by johnw

Link?

Live Q or Die Podcast. Ep. 37.

I listen to it on Overcast. Free IOS app.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
If Barrett ever does bring it back, can guarantee it will be well over $2k list. Have no idea had they made any money at previous list price.

IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Another thread here said they sold the design package to a separate entity, the thread even had a company name.

Doubt the will ever come back as they were, at least quality wise. Barrett had military contracts so their great QC carried over to their sporting guns.

Never handled one but all have said their sxs shotguns were also very well done.

Like all of us morons here, I wish I had pulled the trigger when SAS was blowing some out.

Spence

K
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
K
Colt tried, Forbes tried, Barrett succeeded with a fine rifle. I would like to see the Barrett offered again.

“Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person”
-Fred Bear
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
So what do you suppose the government will do with all their new sniper rifles? Target and cull the non vaccinated or all us vicious trump supporters or just give them to our foreign enemies? Wtf that's the real question.

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
So what do you suppose the government will do with all their new sniper rifles? Target and cull the non vaccinated or all us vicious trump supporters or just give them to our foreign enemies? Wtf that's the real question.

The govt. is killing off all the deer, so they could be used for that.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kandpand
Colt tried, Forbes tried, Barrett succeeded with a fine rifle. I would like to see the Barrett offered again.

This^

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob

The govt. is killing off all the deer, so they could be used for that.

Damned shame..

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
The "original " Fieldcraft design is still available? It's called NULA !

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Originally Posted by johnw

Link?

Live Q or Die Podcast. Ep. 37.

I listen to it on Overcast. Free IOS app.

I saw that one. The Q podcast can be hit or miss IMO. That was the best one to date.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by solrac13
The "original " Fieldcraft design is still available? It's called NULA !

I liked the Fieldcraft better. It was less expensive and better looking with a stainless action something that NULA does not offer.

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
I fell in love with Fieldcrafts after purchasing my first which was a 270 on clearance somewhere.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I'm glad I bought two when I had the chance - first was a 6.5 CM and 2nd was a 1:9 270. I shoot those two more than any of my others...

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
not a fan of them.

trigger sucks

ergo's suck

bolt stroke sucks.

finish isn't very durable.

scope mounting options suck

balance is butt heavy.

get a defiance Anti in a .570 contour barrel and a ag composite CAT if ur desperate for one

V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
Oh yeah I remember when they first came out and anxiously waiting to handle a Barrett Fieldcraft until I did... For me the stock sucks and I didnt like the way the bolt handle attached to the bolt....I was not impressed and never bought one....Hb

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
a 223 would have been pretty awesome:

7 twist

2.5" mag box

5lb stainless killing machine.

but truthfully what they are isn't hard to find or recreate. what we really need is an swfa 3-9 "lite" to put on top the rifle. that'd be gold

L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Never saw or handled one.

What is the big deal ?

C
cdg Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
When I was looking for a lightweight mountain rifle I was excited when a local gun shop received one.
It was a very nice rifle and a known shooter (not sure I've ever read a bad review) but just didn't fit me well and ended up with a Montana.
If it fit, I'm sure there would be at least one in the safe.

Last edited by cdg; 01/19/22.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I have one in 25-06 and I really like it.

If you find yourself in a hole....quit digging
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I own a couple, but the 7mm-08 is the one i grab out all the time. Balance is close to perfect and I have no qualms about the bolt throw or stock or finish or trigger, but thats the fun, not one thing fits everyone, I wish I had gotten one in 280AI but they never appeared that I could see.

Enough already, just shoot it!
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I have a 270 1in 10 and it stacks 130 partitions with 60 gr. of H4831. 4 cow elk in the last 4 years, 1 shot each.

MOLON LABE
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Best $1800 I ever spent.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Ronnie beat Mel at his own game and by quite a margin. As cited prior,the S/S receiver for one and (5) 8x40's for bases,yet another. Hint.

Then of course as S/A offerings go,THE Trifecta was melded in unison and when RPM,COAL and Throat Geometry jive,dots are connected by literal default. Very few savvy same,which never ain't no funnier than fhuqk! Which also why theL/A's suck sooooooo very fhuqking badly,to the other side of the spectrum. Hint.

Though I hear they are "tender". Hint.

Fhuqkinjg LAUGHING!..................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I sure wish I hadn’t hesitated and picked a few up. A 7mm08 would have been at the top of my list.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Alex38
I sure wish I hadn’t hesitated and picked a few up. A 7mm08 would have been at the top of my list.

I have one in 7-08 with the 18" barrel. It shoots really well with a little load work up but it's hell on scopes. Time to do what I should have 2 scopes ago and just put a fixed 6 super chicken on it. It's killed 2 ss 3-9s. My latest load is 180g eldms at just over 2500 fps. It's half moa when the scope is holding.

Some say it's slow but I think it's a good place to be with a thin skinned bullet. If a fixed 6 holds and my health keeps improving I may take it to Africa next time and do some bullet testing on culls. My 21" 6 creed FC shoots very well too. Still regret not buying more when SAS was hooking us up with them.

Bb

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
I m sure glad I got mine in 6.5x55 …. Action length works great for that mid length cartridge. Load 147 Eldms in it with R26 and it idles that bullet out of its 24” barrel at a low pressure 2850. Haven’t tried to take it beyond as at 2900 it seemed to open up a little.

Wish I d of also got one in 22-250 and maybe 270. Oh well, that train has left as stated by others.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Basco
I m sure glad I got mine in 6.5x55 …. Action length works great for that mid length cartridge. Load 147 Eldms in it with R26 and it idles that bullet out of its 24” barrel at a low pressure 2850. Haven’t tried to take it beyond as at 2900 it seemed to open up a little.

Wish I d of also got one in 22-250 and maybe 270. Oh well, that train has left as stated by others.

The 6.5x55 really would be a good fit for the long action. I agree with Stick on the long action mag box being hamstrung....but, if it's accurate with the bullets someone wants to shoot loaded to mag length or less, I should stop whining and start shooting!

I've had a bunch of them in short action and one in long. I regret selling/trading the ones I've let go....and regret not picking up more of them when they were available.

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Anyone pick up a special edition model?
Jungle green stock?
24” barrel short action? (Same contour as long action models)

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
not a fan of them.

trigger sucks

ergo's suck

bolt stroke sucks.

finish isn't very durable.

scope mounting options suck

balance is butt heavy.

get a defiance Anti in a .570 contour barrel and a ag composite CAT if ur desperate for one

Yep. The Fieldcraft is overrated. Outdated stock design, no way to mount the scope low enough to work properly, crappy balance on the 21" short actions. They were on massive discount towards the end of production and it still took quite a while to sell them out, so the market seems to have spoken regardless of much they're going for now.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
Originally Posted by Alex38

I have one in 7-08 with the 18" barrel. It shoots really well with a little load work up but it's hell on scopes. Time to do what I should have 2 scopes ago and just put a fixed 6 super chicken on it. It's killed 2 ss 3-9s. My latest load is 180g eldms at just over 2500 fps. It's half moa when the scope is holding.

Bb

Something is wrong with your rifle or mounts.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by prairie_goat

Outdated stock design, no way to mount the scope low enough to work properly, crappy balance on the 21" short actions. ....

I'll continue to compliment chris84 on a stainless copy of tlw's he made at a height lower than regular tally lows for the Fieldcrafts. I liked the rifles already....the mounts he made turned it from good to great for me.

The special run #2 barrel at 22" was much the same for me.

Matched with a scope I really like it's perfection for my use. That hasn't stopped me from trying a lot of other stuff but that one is "it" for me.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Anyone pick up a special edition model?
Jungle green stock?
24” barrel short action? (Same contour as long action models)

Including that one, there were 7 variations of 6.5 that I’m aware of.

K
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
K
What is the going rate on a Fieldcraft If I can find someone willing to sell?? If anyone has a lead, please let me know esp something other than a 30-06 as I have way too many already!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by khovis33
What is the going rate on a Fieldcraft If I can find someone willing to sell?? If anyone has a lead, please let me know esp something other than a 30-06 as I have way too many already!

At least $2K unless you happen upon one that the seller doesn't know they're worth that. Like everything else, I guess.

I like the 21" SA FC's and they shoot good for me. The stock grip is different than the typical McMillan or Manners, but it's the same as NULA/Forbes and I guess I'm just used to it. The #1 barrel also same as NULA/Forbes, and balance doesn't bother me at all. Every FC I've shot is very accurate to 3 shots, same as NULA to me.

As with every rifle design, some like them and some don't. That's why all rifles aren't just one pattern to fit all.

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A

Last 308 FC that sold on Gunbroker was over $3,000 if I recall correctly.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
That's insane.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by AU7MM08

Last 308 FC that sold on Gunbroker was over $3,000 if I recall correctly.

Used 18" 308 TB went for $3,165 with 30 bids ended 12/8/21.

New 18" 6.5CM TB went for $2,950 buy it now ended 12/20/21.

New 21" 308 went for $2,950 with 11 bids ended 1/14/22.

A 24" 270 was bid up to $2,300 on 1/16/22, but didn't sell because reserve was not met.

A 24" 6.5CM Lipsey's special sold for $1,999 buy it now ended 1/8/22. Guy stole it. LOL.

It's crazy out there.

Last edited by 257heaven; 01/20/22.

M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
You can always go the route I’ve taken. I bought a Forbes 20b for $1200 in .308 and sent it to Southern Precision for a barrel swap. The Fieldcraft stock was not the same as the one Melvin makes and it felt different to me. Not in a good way. This is the best compromise for what I want vs a Nula or Fieldcraft.
I would have prefered a SS action and barrel but going with the Bartlien they don’t make the featherweight in stainless. All said and done I’m at 2k with a triggertech primary. As for the finish I will most likely Cerakote it myself.

As far as the Fieldcraft it’s really is a shame. It seems like the idea of a production NULA is just cursed. If I hadn’t went my current route My backup was a Pierce Ti action and AG Composite Privater stock. Advertised weight is 2.72lbs for that combo. With the same Bartlien featherweight #2 barrel it’s 4.72 Using a ADL inlet and trigger your right at 5lbs.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I used to feel like a schmuck for paying pretty much full price for mine. No more. Now I feel like a schmuck for not buying a couple from Darrik at what was it, $1200?

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I wanted to like them. Tried out a 7mm-08 locally and it just felt weird to me.
I'll stick with my Montana's, I guess.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Any bets what this one goes for?

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/921566090

I'll guess $2700

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Teeder

Funny how that works. I picked up a .308 in an LGS and knew I wanted one at once. Thought the same thing when I hefted my first Montana, but never bought one.

What fresh Hell is this?
B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
I asked at Shot and got a hard no

Too much other stuff going on

But who knows

Hank

Thank You Lord for another day,Help my Brother along the way

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

Live Like A Champion Today

NRA EndowmentLife Member,My Daughter is also a Life Member
S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by VaHillbilly
Oh yeah I remember when they first came out and anxiously waiting to handle a Barrett Fieldcraft until I did... For me the stock sucks and I didnt like the way the bolt handle attached to the bolt....I was not impressed and never bought one....Hb

Bad move on your part!

K
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
K
I will continue my search.. Figure maybe If I use an Old Remington Carbine, maybe someone would be willing Otherwise I'll keep watching Gunbroker and dreaming!

M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
Maybe find a Rem model 7 and drop in in a modern CF stock.

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
Hey Burleyboy
Want to sell either of the broken 3-9s? I have a 6.5 that might be easier on them.

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
I had a buddy at Shot ask as well, was told hard NO as well. They mentioned profit margin on their other products vs fieldcraft, also they offered to many options caliber/length etc.. which caused them way more supply and CS issues than their other lines.

Wonder what the CS and warranty support will be years from now, doesn’t sound good.

Spence

G
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
G
the best deal going is if you can find a early forbes ser# 250 or less...they were supervised by Melvin to some degree and every bit as nice as a nula just with a shaw barrel....that guy running forbes really screwed up a good thing
These will all be 24b models and seem to bring around 1300.00

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by spence1875
I had a buddy at Shot ask as well, was told hard NO as well. They mentioned profit margin on their other products vs fieldcraft, also they offered to many options caliber/length etc.. which caused them way more supply and CS issues than their other lines.

Wonder what the CS and warranty support will be years from now, doesn’t sound good.

Spence

I’ve never needed CS or warranty support on any rifle, and don’t expect to on this one. Barrett ain’t going anywhere, and I expect they would fix anything that needed it.

How many other semi-custom makers have bitten the dust and left owners flat? That’s like not getting involved with a pretty woman because someday she may get fat or crazy.

What fresh Hell is this?
S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
My bad I guess. I never see guys complaining about returning rifles here on the fire for issues.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by Teeder

Same here with my 270 Win Montana.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
U
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
U
Found one of the 24 in, stainless 6.5s here in Wasilla at SW. Shaved 1 1/4 lb and gained 1/2 MOA over my last sheep rifle. A joy to shoot and carry, tis the best rifle purchase Ive ever made.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by spence1875
My bad I guess. I never see guys complaining about returning rifles here on the fire for issues.

Oh it happens for certain, but it has yet to happen to me, except for as I just now remembered, the recall on Henry single shots for a trigger design fault. I also sent back a Turkish O/U sold by CZ to have the action adjusted. A couple of Ruger handguns had issues pretty much out of the box as well. Bolt action rifles have been remarkably trouble free, except for minor issues like bedding that were easily fixed by me.

Maybe Paul the Biker got my share of bad ones…..

What fresh Hell is this?
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Pappy348

Maybe Paul the Biker got my share of bad ones…..

He certainly has had a disproportionate share!

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
J
Fyi there is a 243 for sale on texashuntingforum for 1750.

I'm not affiliated or know the individual selling.

U
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
U
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
Fyi there is a 243 for sale on texashuntingforum for 1750.

I'm not affiliated or know the individual selling.
SPF

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I know where there’s a Nosler 21 for sale, if that helps. 6.8 pounds.

What fresh Hell is this?
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

shocked shocked shocked

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
I was looking at he videos from the 2922 Shot show and not much interests me. Everything is a black rifle.They kind of loose their luster after you had to carry one around for better than a year. It seems bolt guns are dead in the water, even with plastic stocks. Blue and walnut rifles are history. I really don't think there is
market enough to sustain Fieldcraft, There are too many throw away rifles that shoot well. A few custom builders can handle the market. Guess I'm getting old! I love my Montanas, Fieldcraft, blue and walnut Model 70's, and 99"s.

Last edited by Switch; 01/24/22.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SockPuppet

shocked shocked shocked

That is freaking crazy. If it sells for the buy it now....I'm liquidating all of mine.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by 257heaven

shocked shocked shocked

That is freaking crazy. If it sells for the buy it now....I'm liquidating all of mine.

Thought the exact same thing!

O
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
O
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Originally Posted by 257heaven

shocked shocked shocked

Thought the exact same thing!

I wasn't, but I might gladly get rid of my 280Ai and my 224V.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Man, that’s some crazy money.

Semper Fi
S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
I love my 6.5 X 55 Fieldcraft, the most accurate rifle I've ever owned, but damn! Trouble is I've kicked myself hundreds of times after selling guns I now lust after!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Switch
I was looking at he videos from the 2922 Shot show and not much interests me. Everything is a black rifle.They kind of loose their luster after you had to carry one around for better than a year. It seems bolt guns are dead in the water, even with plastic stocks. Blue and walnut rifles are history. I really don't think there is
market enough to sustain Fieldcraft, There are too many throw away rifles that shoot well. A few custom builders can handle the market. Guess I'm getting old! I love my Montanas, Fieldcraft, blue and walnut Model 70's, and 99"s.

Crystal ball?😛

What fresh Hell is this?
R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
If that Fieldcraft sells, it could cause a rise in people trying to cash in, this flooding the market, and dropping the price!

At least I could hope.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I had 2 Fieldcrafts, one that I bought in 270 but didnt like the fit so much so sold it. The other one I traded for work that a guy owed me, it was in 308. I really wanted a 7mm08 but thats all he had, I didnt like the stock/fit on that either. So I decided to use it as a project since I didnt have a lot of $$ in it and had a Lilja #2 stainless 24" bbl put on it and it shot very well. I took two mulies with it the first year I had it. One at 275yds and the other at 75. Still didnt like the stock at all. Sent it out for a custom lightweight stock to be installed, hopefully have it back in a month or so.

Life (and forums) is like a box of animal crackers----There's a Jackass in every box
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Who did you get to install the barrel and rebed the stock?

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by tkinak
Any bets what this one goes for?

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/921566090

I'll guess $2700

Good guess, you were off by $25. It went for $2675

Welcome to TN - patron state of shootin’ stuff
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I wonder what my 18.5" 7-08 would bring? I don't think I'd sell it because it has proven 1/2 moa capable with both bullets I've tried so far. Although fir about $3000 I could build something pretty nice.

Bb

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I wonder what my 18.5" 7-08 would bring? I don't think I'd sell it because it has proven 1/2 moa capable with both bullets I've tried so far. Although fir about $3000 I could build something pretty nice.

Bb

You’ve already got something pretty nice. I understand the lure of the “chase”, but think carefully before you let go of that bird in your hand….

What fresh Hell is this?
O
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by Pappy348

Bb

You’ve already got something pretty nice. I understand the lure of the “chase”, but think carefully before you let go of that bird in your hand….

I have three Left Hand long guns that are permanent residents in the gun case. My .22, .270, and 12 ga. It took a lot of buying, selling, trading, and tinkering to get those three to their current state. I like my other firearms. But, at the end of the day, everything else could be had for the right price. If I had a Barrett in hand and someone offered me $3,000, I'd be sorely tempted to take the money and move on to the next project...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I think an 18" 7-08 might go for $3500 if auctioned.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by 257heaven; 01/27/22.

G
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
G
at that price I would be calling Melvin instead

E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
Originally Posted by gene270

Originally Posted by gene270

Me too!!

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
FYI: ... 2 Barrett Fieldcraft rifles on Gunbroker right now...... 6.5 Creedmoor ( with a shortened stock) & a .300 BlackOut

Let the games begin

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sold via "buy it now" for $2950 - NIB 18" 6.5 CM. INSANE!!

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/918650525

F
F
There is one in .308 (never fired) on GB with no reserve. Buy it now is pretty high.

https://www.gunbroker.com/Item/924937967

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Ronnie beat Mel at his own game and made it look easy. Hint...............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
G
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
G
yeah but it took Mel to make the game to begin with...
Ronnie made them in stainless which you prefer, Mel likes the extra strength of chrome moly
Ronnie twisted them in twist you like,Mel will do the same
what am I missing that makes Ronnies guns superior

D
D
Have been on other sites for some time. Late to this thread for sure. If someone has a Fieldcraft 7mm-08 they'd part with I'd love a swing at it. Thanks for the consideration!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

573 members (1_deuce, 10gaugeman, 007FJ, 160user, 2500HD, 260Remguy, 67 invisible), 2,327 guests, and 1,210 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,656
Posts18,455,584
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.