Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Whats the latest on the possibility of Barrett producing Fieldcraft again? Lost cause or a possible comeback.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
GB1

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
they build sniper rifles and have a huge contract

this was a side project. the interview the son did with Q guy hinted it's not anytime soon they'll be back to market.

O
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
O
Originally Posted by Boarmaster123
Whats the latest on the possibility of Barrett producing Fieldcraft again? Lost cause or a possible comeback.

Last I heard they were selling the design/intellectual property to someone else, but I haven't heard anything else since.

Edit:

Fieldcraft Rifles

Last edited by orientalexpress; 01/05/22.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by orientalexpress
Originally Posted by Boarmaster123

Last I heard they were selling the design/intellectual property to someone else, but I haven't heard anything else since.

Edit:

Fieldcraft Rifles

Well, it looks like the Barrett version of the Fieldcraft is gone. I guess it remains to be seen what the new Corp does with it. I’d love to see some prototypes at this year’s SHOT show, but I have no idea if or when anything is going to happen…

Last edited by Capt_Craig; 01/05/22.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Maybe they just created the entity so they could sell it. We’ve all seen what happens when some “enthusiast” or money guy, or even another gun company buys a firearms company and tries to run it. Usually doesn’t end well.

What fresh Hell is this?
IC B2

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
The name and address of the company agent for Fieldcraft LLC is the owner of a paint & powder coating company in Tennessee.

http://www.foutchindustries.com/

Don't speculate when you don't know, and don't second guess when you do.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ndbowhunter

this was a side project. the interview the son did with Q guy hinted it's not anytime soon they'll be back to market.

Link?

"Chances Will Be Taken"

O
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
O
The Field Craft civilian rifle was a stop-gap to help pay bills, keep staff employed, and keep machines running, in between multi-year, multi-million dollar, government contracts. Barrett is a government contractor. The civilian market is what they do to fill production capacity in between government contracts. "Filling capacity" will not be an issue for Barrett for the next 4-5 years.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by johnw

Link?

Live Q or Die Podcast. Ep. 37.

I listen to it on Overcast. Free IOS app.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
If Barrett ever does bring it back, can guarantee it will be well over $2k list. Have no idea had they made any money at previous list price.

IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Another thread here said they sold the design package to a separate entity, the thread even had a company name.

Doubt the will ever come back as they were, at least quality wise. Barrett had military contracts so their great QC carried over to their sporting guns.

Never handled one but all have said their sxs shotguns were also very well done.

Like all of us morons here, I wish I had pulled the trigger when SAS was blowing some out.

Spence

K
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
K
Colt tried, Forbes tried, Barrett succeeded with a fine rifle. I would like to see the Barrett offered again.

“Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person”
-Fred Bear
M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
So what do you suppose the government will do with all their new sniper rifles? Target and cull the non vaccinated or all us vicious trump supporters or just give them to our foreign enemies? Wtf that's the real question.

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
So what do you suppose the government will do with all their new sniper rifles? Target and cull the non vaccinated or all us vicious trump supporters or just give them to our foreign enemies? Wtf that's the real question.

The govt. is killing off all the deer, so they could be used for that.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kandpand
Colt tried, Forbes tried, Barrett succeeded with a fine rifle. I would like to see the Barrett offered again.

This^

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob

The govt. is killing off all the deer, so they could be used for that.

Damned shame..

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
The "original " Fieldcraft design is still available? It's called NULA !

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Originally Posted by johnw

Link?

Live Q or Die Podcast. Ep. 37.

I listen to it on Overcast. Free IOS app.

I saw that one. The Q podcast can be hit or miss IMO. That was the best one to date.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by solrac13
The "original " Fieldcraft design is still available? It's called NULA !

I liked the Fieldcraft better. It was less expensive and better looking with a stainless action something that NULA does not offer.

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
I fell in love with Fieldcrafts after purchasing my first which was a 270 on clearance somewhere.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

565 members (219 Wasp, 2500HD, 1234, 17CalFan, 22kHornet, 222Sako, 40 invisible), 2,683 guests, and 1,132 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,290
Posts18,467,925
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.