Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
If he sends it under goods and services, yes.
Friends and fam, no.

Could send two payments of 500

Last edited by hookeye; 01/05/22.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Cash is king!

This ^^ The guys on ARFCOM have pretty much beat this up. The bottom line is, if you make more than $600 a year on any transfer you must report it on your taxes. The electronic money transfer companies are REQUIRED to report every transfer over $600. It also sounds like if you have a cumulative amount over $600 dollars per year everything after that must be reported by the electronic transfer company to the IRS. It' used to be $20,000. The republicans wanted it limited to $10,000 but the democrats made it $600. That is my understanding via the guys on ARFCOM.

Talk to your tax accountant for the final decision.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by hookeye
If he sends it under goods and services, yes.
Friends and fam, no.

Could send two payments of 500

The PayPal rule is for cumulative payments in the course of a year received for Goods& Service; not single transactions. If you receive more than $600 in a year for G&S; you will get a 1099. The threshold was $20k AND 200 transactions.
Same will be applied to EBay sales; I believe

Last edited by Cruiser1; 01/05/22.
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Houston_2
Originally Posted by Longbob
https://www.irs.gov/payments/general-faqs-on-new-payment-card-reporting-requirements

Again, this is only for businesses or people that are accepting payments for goods and services that were required to report them in the first place. Which would be the case under a totally voluntary tax system. We are migrating from a voluntary tax system towards an involuntary tax system when you see information reported to the IRS with all the 1099s and lowered thresholds.

Please don’t inject these pesky facts. We’re on a righteous roll here.

Hahaha!

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by Redneck
My son said rule's been around forever - has to do with 'services' rendered and some corporate transactions... The IRS is mainly concerned with businesses like private contractors - and others that I can't remember now...

For example- the farm I work for part-time had to send a 1099 to a private citizen for cement work that was done at the farm.. The citizen is a union cement worker for a large company and occasionally does some weekend/side jobs for locals; like garage pouring/sidewalks etc...

True, as a self employed carpenter I sometimes get a 1099 for anything over $600 bucks , but it is always if I work for a company. I never got one from a private person. though. If that was law , it would be a pain. I just write an invoice , keep the copy and claim it at the end of the year, even cash. I will never get in trouble, cause I have more claimed than deposited cause I claim cash.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
IC B2

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
How does this affect things sold on Gunbroker if you get paid by a Money Order?
Gunbroker already collects sales tax from buyer.

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Banks do the reporting. Get a bigger safe.

The Rifle is the Weapon of Democracy
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Jomo66
How does this affect things sold on Gunbroker if you get paid by a Money Order?
Gunbroker already collects sales tax from buyer.

Has nothing to do with sales tax

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Rusky
All electronic funds transferred over $600.00 will be sent a 1099K from the bank.

Hilarious

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Fat city's link explains it

A kid walking dogs gets to be a taxpayer if they can catch him. Their example of selling a 5000 train set for 8000 is backwards from what I do. And you better have all the receipts from year 1. Any proof that 1000 honda was sold for less than you paid? Sell grandpas old 94 on gunbroker and the 600 is taxable.

Proof once again the dems are for the little people

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
"to ensure those using these networks are paying their fair share of taxes"

Their fair share.

With the way .gov pisses tax money away there is nothing fair about "fair share".

I see my taxes paid are for value added necessary services rendered. Soooo much fraud and unnecessary services rendered by .gov is the pisser.

Actions like the new irs $600 threshold is how Brandon wants to finance bbb at no cost. Right.

GOA
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
ferfuksakes you must really be a rusky

My diploma is a DD214
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by GAGoober
Originally Posted by Longbob
It is for third party payment apps like PayPal, Venmo, etc... and only if you are selling goods or services. Private transfers to individuals are not impacted.

So let’s say I sell my old “collector’s item” Honda motorcycle to Joe Sixpack. He pays me $1000 thru Pay Pal. You’re saying Pay Pal will then send me a 1099 on the $1000 received and that must be reported on my tax return?

Yes, if it goes through Goods and Services. You include the proceeds in your income and deduct the basis you have in the motorcycle. Nothing new, just expanded spying on the population so that people pay what the gov't says they owe.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Flood the system with paper work, then you can destroy the system.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by mtnsnake

AI computer systems will process it all. They’ll be a ton of mistakes to dispute that will all be processed in a dispute system that costs you more than the actual mistake. This is one more part of the destruction of the free market system that has produced the most wealthy country on earth. Bureaucracy grows and wealth declines.

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I didn't realize that actually passed, I thought even Dems wanted it to be $10K limit.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by mtnsnake

YEPP... and don't forget to take those big fat deductions.

Sell a camper for $10k and owe tax... here is my $30k purchase receipt... "Thanks for the deduction Uncle Sugar... Wouldn't have thought about that until you reminded me".

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

607 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 1lessdog, 1234, 16penny, 10Glocks, 66 invisible), 2,040 guests, and 1,202 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,267
Posts18,448,289
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.