Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
this Saturday and will be the first real weather we have ahd this season. small ponds and puddles are finally locked with ice, so we are going to turn the ice eater on in a flooded cornfield ring the hole with goose decoys and put a dozen or 2 ducks in the upwind end and see what happens

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

BP-B2

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Best of luck to you!

The Rifle is the Weapon of Democracy
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
I'm heading out this weekend. Hoping the weather helps.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
good luck

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
its been terrible. absolutely no birds once the wood ducks left. last saturday it was 62 degrees.

Last edited by gitem_12; 01/06/22.

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

IC B2

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Sometimes you just got to go to find out. Best of luck.

G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
spent the afternoon with the ice eater opening up a small water hole on the edge of a corn field. going to ring the outside with goose decoys and a sprinkle some mallards in the hole. around 4 tonight I could have killed a man limit of geese that wanted in that hole

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
good luck tomorrow

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Saw some mallards, goldeneyes, and mergansers mixed in with the Canada geese down in the lake. Unfortunately, the waterfowl season has been long closed on Lake Superior.

G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
the day sucked. lots of birds travelling upa nd down the river, but nothing would work. had geese over the field that would have been easy trafic work got all of February for Honkers

IC B3

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
hate to hear that,

G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G

Originally Posted by pullit
hate to hear that,

thats how it goes. i would have prefered to hunt the river but its quite high and fast. i was shocked that ducks didnt want into that hole in the corn field. that blew me away

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
yeah but I was hoping you would have had a great finish for the year

G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by pullit
yeah but I was hoping you would have had a great finish for the year

me too, its been a [bleep] year, and i havent had muchdrive to hunt. just kind of forcing myself to get out there after losing our 17 month old. hoping for a good late goose season

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Me and yellow dog have beat em up pretty good this year. I haven't gone as much as previous years but I feel like every time I do go, we are in double digits and some full limits have happened. The latest cold front and precip put us in another good weekend. Lots of steel shot got flung and lots of ducks got cleaned. Ice is rough on the dog, but it's hard to slow him down. He hasn't moved since he came outta the box this evening.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Dayom. I took a pkg of widgeon fillets out of the freezer about 4 days ago and added some cabernet and Allegro marinade and milk and put them back in the fridge to soak and thaw.

Took them out a bit ago and sliced 1/2 - 3/4 inch wide strips across the grain, washed and drained, wetted with milk and rolled in flour and chicken fried almost a minute per side.

Sweet but most wouldnt like it as it tastes different than venison, chicken, pork or beef.

Unreal dredged in Ranch Dressing.

Made a big batch of duck and chicken cornbread dressing yesterday. Its delish but i messed up and sauteed the fresh chives with the celery, chopped onions instead of mixing them in fresh with the dressing wetted with duck broth from boiling the duck breast filets tender enough to shread before putting it in the oven so no green chives in the dressing dinner. Mixed in a lot of sage and garlic powder before the oven trip and had to add a can of chicken broth to get the dressing wet enough. Poured it over the chicken in one end and duck in the other in the cooking pan.
Im thinking a few finely diced jalapeno in the mix would add some jest.

Last edited by jaguartx; 02/03/22.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
We drew a blind in the state draw for the last weekend here in TN. It was a Friday, Sat. Sunday hunt. For the 3 days which were in the 30's for all 3 days and snow sometimes, we killed every duck that was shot at.
That sounds great except it was only a single duck for all 3 days.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
630 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 12308300, 56 invisible), 2,870 guests, and 1,203 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,740
Posts18,401,149
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.