Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by LBP
God gave us all free will to believe or not to each their own. That said

Philippians 2:10-11
English Standard Version
10 so that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, 11 and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

I will happily kneel and confess Jesus Christ is Lord. I suppose some won’t be happy, but it won’t change that they will kneel and confess Jesus Christ is Lord.

Just because something written in your book, that doesn't mean it's true.

Ok

Will Munny: It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.

Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.
BP-B2

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by LBP
God gave us all free will to believe or not to each their own. That said

Philippians 2:10-11
English Standard Version
10 so that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, 11 and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

I will happily kneel and confess Jesus Christ is Lord. I suppose some won’t be happy, but it won’t change that they will kneel and confess Jesus Christ is Lord.

We don't believe or disbelieve on the basis of 'free will'

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by TF49
Originally Posted by Willto
You may not understand John 14:17….. God comes and abides with and within the believer. When that happens, there is no doubt.

The witness within of the Holy Spirit is powerful.

Well there are 4000 recognized religions on this planet and all of them have members who believe just as powerfully as you that they are on the one true path. Yep, no doubts in their mind at all.

And yet simple deductive logic tells you that 3999 of them have to be wrong. So much for the accuracy of powerful feelings.

Well, you are focused on my personal belief and how you think it is not different from someone else's belief. You are not getting the "why" of my belief.

OK.... I'll just repost a response to one who was claiming that there is "no evidence" and leave you all to it.....

".......Well, there is evidence for the existence of God all around us. You either reject it or don’t see it.

Also, as it has been posted before, when the Creator comes to abide “within” the believer, that believer indeed has “proof.”

But, you apparently don’t see and you apparently “don’t have.”

Still, you comment above piques some interest. You state “…. the burden of proof lies with the one making the positive “claim.”….

I think this is nothing but word bafflegab. You may believe that Christians are making a “claim,” but I see it as Christians providing a testimony or witness of our experience.

But, you choose you words carefully and there is one interesting way to look at your post.

Should you be judged….. by a God you claim has not proved His existence….. this God, at your judgment may “play the video tape” of your life and show you literally dozens of times He made His presence known to you…. Only to have you somehow reject the witness.

No one can “argue” you into belief….. Only God can “get you to flip.” I wonder how many times the Spirit has knocked on your door, but you refused to answer the knock. You will say that that has never happened. I would expect that God will show you He knocked dozens of times when the tape rolls."

If you were born and raised a muslim you'd be using the same arguement for allah. How do you know your god isn't actually allah? Did he clearly identify himself to you?

By the way, why would god be keeping video footage? Does it say this in the bible? Wouldn't both parties already know what they've done, or is god forgetfull these days? Sounds like some fresh bafflegab to me.

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

If you were born and raised a muslim you'd be using the same arguement for allah. How do you know your god isn't actually allah? Did he clearly identify himself to you?

God is not the issue, fuckwits that think they know all about God are.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antlers
Hey man, it’s OK with me that you choose to believe whatever you do. Why are you bothered so much by what other people believe…? Why are you bothered so much by what other people believe…really…?
It's called a discussion forum. This is a topic being discussed. If you are being forced to participate against your will by some armed individual just type "Help Me" and hit enter. Hopefully we can get someone over there to assist you.
Then let’s discuss why you’re so bothered by what other people believe…? Let’s discuss why you’re so bothered by what other people believe…really…?

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Any dude that can predict his own death and resurrection…and pull it off…I’m goin’ with whatever that dude says…!
But you did not witness any of that. You are taking the word of unknown people from over 2000 years ago that it happened. People whose credibility you know nothing about because you don't know them. People who lived in a time of backwards ass superstition and believed all manner of crap that we now know is bullchit.
Hey man, it’s OK with me that you choose to believe whatever you do. Why are you bothered so much by what other people believe…? Why are you bothered so much by what other people believe…really…?
Why the deflection? Why not address what he wrote?
Do you both only believe what you personally witness…? Not only regarding all of ancient history, but regarding all of all history, and also regarding all current events…? Do you both only believe anything at all that you personally witness…?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Why would an omnipotent being capable of blinking the universe into existence give two chits what a being like myself (an ameoba by comparrison) thinks or does?
If you have children, why did y'all create em’…? We created our children because we wanted some children to love. And we wanted to have relationship with em’. I believe that God did the same regarding His children.
Even worse why would such a being desire to be worshipped by such lowly creatures? That isn't a good look for an all powerful universal super being. Seems a very tawdry human desire.
If you have children, do you desire to be worshipped by them…? Or do you desire to be loved by them…? And, do you desire to have relationship with them…? I believe that God loves His children and desires to be loved by His children, and I believe He wants relationship with His children.
No, this whole story smacks heavily of what it is. A man made story of which Christianity is but one of many.
Again, that’s what you choose to believe. I choose to believe otherwise. But I’m OK with what you choose to believe. Are you OK with what I choose to believe…?

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
If you have children, why did y'all create em’…?

Terrible example. My child is a being of the exact same type that I am. Compared to an omnipotent universe creating God we don't even rise up to ant level. Do you have conversations with ants?

If you have children, do you desire to be worshipped by them…?

No. Only a sick twisted ego maniac desires to be worshipped. It's not a healthy desire. Besides who would want to be worshipped by ants?

And you can lay off the why do you care what I believe mantra. I don't. The discussion here doesn't hinge on anyones concern over what you believe. People are just having a discussion. Sorry it's difficult for you to grasp that. Perhaps another year or two of remedial English would boost your powers of comprehesion.

Last edited by Willto; 01/06/22.
DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
The universe doesn't appear to be created.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Terrible example. My child is a being of the exact same type that I am. Compared to an omnipotent universe creating God we don't even rise up to ant level.
I think it’s a really good example. He refers to us, specifically, as His children. I believe we are the supreme object of His creation.
And you can lay off the why do you care what I believe mantra. I don't. The discussion here doesn't hinge on anyones concern over what you believe. People are just having a discussion.
And this whole discussion is specifically about beliefs. All of the threads of this nature are specifically about beliefs. Believers believe what they do, and skeptics and agnostics/atheists believe what they do. And those beliefs are discussed on threads such as this. Questions are often part of a discussion. You’ve asked many questions yourself during the course of this discussion.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Apostle John witnessed crucifixions, but He didn’t just see them, he heard em’ and he smelled em’. He experienced some pretty awful things, things that many of us can’t even imagine. He experienced the murders of his friends, and the persecution of Jesus’ followers by King Herod Agrippa I and by Emperor Domitian.

And despite all of that, he still came to the conclusion that God is love. It’s not just an attribute, it’s a core aspect of His character. And the greatest expression of His love is imparted to us in the Gospel.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by TF49
You may not understand John 14:17….. God comes and abides with and within the believer. When that happens, there is no doubt.

The witness within of the Holy Spirit is powerful.

Well there are 4000 recognized religions on this planet and all of them have members who believe just as powerfully as you that they are on the one true path. Yep, no doubts in their mind at all.

And yet simple deductive logic tells you that 3999 of them have to be wrong. So much for the accuracy of powerful feelings.

Tf49

Well, you are focused on my personal belief and how you think it is not different from someone else's belief. You are not getting the "why" of my belief.

OK.... I'll just repost a response to one who was claiming that there is "no evidence" and leave you all to it.....

".......Well, there is evidence for the existence of God all around us. You either reject it or don’t see it.

Also, as it has been posted before, when the Creator comes to abide “within” the believer, that believer indeed has “proof.”

But, you apparently don’t see and you apparently “don’t have.”

Still, you comment above piques some interest. You state “…. the burden of proof lies with the one making the positive “claim.”….

I think this is nothing but word bafflegab. You may believe that Christians are making a “claim,” but I see it as Christians providing a testimony or witness of our experience.

But, you choose you words carefully and there is one interesting way to look at your post.

Should you be judged….. by a God you claim has not proved His existence….. this God, at your judgment may “play the video tape” of your life and show you literally dozens of times He made His presence known to you…. Only to have you somehow reject the witness.

No one can “argue” you into belief….. Only God can “get you to flip.” I wonder how many times the Spirit has knocked on your door, but you refused to answer the knock. You will say that that has never happened. I would expect that God will show you He knocked dozens of times when the tape rolls."

By the way, why would god be keeping video footage? Does it say this in the bible? Wouldn't both parties already know what they've done, or is god forgetfull these days? Sounds like some fresh bafflegab to me.

Hmm…. You and willto don’t seem to get allegory or even metaphor…… I guess I am not surprised.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by NVhntr
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
Reprobates

Crappy, how does one become deputized to place people on a "reprobate" list?
Do you have a special agent card from the Holy Trinity? If so I'll need to see it and I'll need you to perform at least 3 miracles to prove it's legit.
I know I'm on your list so I'm just wondering if you're really juiced with the big guys or if St. Peter and I are just going to have a laugh at your expense at the Pearly Gates.
You know, like most here do now.

P.S.
I think your a poser.

Yes you are on Reprobate mode with me.
Whether or not you have been erased from the Lamb's Book of Life is up to the Lamb.

Is Billy Graham still in Hell?

Why do you consider the substitutionary death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ inadequate sacrifice for sins?

I don't consider that. What put that thought in your demented mind? The TBIs?

7/22/20 – (Best explanation yet for HC’s personality disorder.)
Believe it or not, this happened to me at a mall.
Instead of a hoe, it was a steel "I" beam and security gate chainlink. Free fell full speed with no resistance out of the ceiling directly onto my head. Nearly killed me. This happened the day after I insulted my very smart, awesome Dad. I was arrogant, frustrated and said something unkind to him. This wasn't karma. It was God humbling me, by using a store attendant who purposely pushed the button to drop it on my head.
The medical physicians said that I had no hope of recovery.
The Good Lord (The Great Physician), gave me healing in spite of my sin. I deserved to die that day.
It's not supposed to happen but my brain works now. Some would say otherwise and might be right.
Couldn't remember so much as a 7 digit phone number from the page to dial.... after studying it a while.

Guess what, God humbled me and then healed me.
I had the idea that
"You consider the substitutionary death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ inadequate sacrifice for sins inadequate."..
You responded here that it comes from a demented mind while you and your bud call that message a "steaming pile of dog [bleep]" on the next thread. This isn't unusual. You attack most gospel (good news) messages that have the theme of the Savior's allsufficient sacrifice. What am I to think???

Originally Posted by smokepole
I need to get a bull horn like that for the whiners here that don't like my Sunday posts. LoL!😄

Yep, there are a lot of parallels between your Sunday posts and someone leaving a steaming pile of dog shìt in the front yard.

LOL, spot on!

Is that not what you think?
Your answer to the gospel is to either twist my words and call ME a liar or to say that my Sunday post is demented.
I ask you about what you think is required for salvation?
Simple question. I will take that as your answer then.

I wonder what the Lord thinks when He reads your comments that blaspheme His Son and all that He offers as a gift?
There are only so many chances anyone gets that offer of life, then it's too late.

Last edited by Happy_Camper; 01/06/22.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
He refers to us, specifically, as His children.

Oh you mean that's what it says in a book written by men that you don't know and none of which can be verified. You are taking the word of an unknown "MAN" that there is a god and that he ever said such a thing. And there's the weak link in your chain Skippy.

I believe we are the supreme object of His creation.

.Men wrote the Bible and it paints man as Gods special creation. LOL! There's a shock.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DBT
The universe doesn't appear to be created.
Where did all this matter come from? There are way more questions than answers. Earth is but a grain of sand compared to the universe.

Last edited by Hastings; 01/06/22.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Oh you mean that's what it says in a book written by men that you don't know and none of which can be verified. You are taking the word of an unknown "MAN" that there is a god and that he ever said such a thing. And there's the weak link in your chain Skippy.
It’s OK with me that you choose to see these things the way that you do. I choose to see em’ the way that I do.
Men wrote the Bible and it paints man as Gods special creation. LOL! There's a shock.
The theology is that the original manuscripts by the original writers were inspired. But if you choose to believe otherwise, then so be it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Hastings
Nope, it never happened. There's evidence of populations of people living elsewhere around the world before and after the time of the alledged flood event. Geological evidence dismisses a global flood event.

The people who wrote the bible didn't know that so got caught out on that lie too. The biblical tale of creation is also fiction.
Didn't the Black Sea suddenly flood many 1000s of years ago at the end of the last ice age when the ocean broke over the barrier and put hundreds of feet of water over inhabited land. The Hebrew bible is not the only ancient account of a catastrophic flood. There are a lot of the bible accounts that have been found to have some basis in the evidence uncovered by archeologists such as the total destruction of Jericho.
If the Black Sea flood occurred, it was a local event and not consistent with the world wide flood of the Bible.
Why does nearly every culture on every continent, have a flood myth? A lot of them even feature survivors who survived on a single boat.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_flood_myths

Politics is War by Other Means
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Reprobates

Crappy, how does one become deputized to place people on a "reprobate" list?
Do you have a special agent card from the Holy Trinity? If so I'll need to see it and I'll need you to perform at least 3 miracles to prove it's legit.
I know I'm on your list so I'm just wondering if you're really juiced with the big guys or if St. Peter and I are just going to have a laugh at your expense at the Pearly Gates.
You know, like most here do now.

P.S.
I think your a poser.

Yes you are on Reprobate mode with me.
Whether or not you have been erased from the Lamb's Book of Life is up to the Lamb.

Is Billy Graham still in Hell?

Why do you consider the substitutionary death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ inadequate sacrifice for sins?

I don't consider that. What put that thought in your demented mind? The TBIs?

7/22/20 – (Best explanation yet for HC’s personality disorder.)
Believe it or not, this happened to me at a mall.
Instead of a hoe, it was a steel "I" beam and security gate chainlink. Free fell full speed with no resistance out of the ceiling directly onto my head. Nearly killed me. This happened the day after I insulted my very smart, awesome Dad. I was arrogant, frustrated and said something unkind to him. This wasn't karma. It was God humbling me, by using a store attendant who purposely pushed the button to drop it on my head.
The medical physicians said that I had no hope of recovery.
The Good Lord (The Great Physician), gave me healing in spite of my sin. I deserved to die that day.
It's not supposed to happen but my brain works now. Some would say otherwise and might be right.
Couldn't remember so much as a 7 digit phone number from the page to dial.... after studying it a while.

Guess what, God humbled me and then healed me.
I had the idea that
"You consider the substitutionary death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ inadequate sacrifice for sins inadequate."..
You responded here that it comes from a demented mind while you and your bud call that message a "steaming pile of dog [bleep]" on the next thread. This isn't unusual. You attack most gospel (good news) messages that have the theme of the Savior's allsufficient sacrifice. What am I to think???

Originally Posted by smokepole
I need to get a bull horn like that for the whiners here that don't like my Sunday posts. LoL!😄

Yep, there are a lot of parallels between your Sunday posts and someone leaving a steaming pile of dog shìt in the front yard.

LOL, spot on!

Is that not what you think?
Your answer to the gospel is to either twist my words and call ME a liar or to say that my Sunday post is demented.
I ask you about what you think is required for salvation?
Simple question. I will take that as your answer then.

I wonder what the Lord thinks when He reads your comments that blaspheme His Son and all that He offers as a gift?

There are only so many chances anyone gets that offer of life, then it's too late.

What's God's screen name on the "fire"?
Wonder how often he logs in?
I'd like to know his take on the .270 vs .30-06 debate.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Nope, it never happened. There's evidence of populations of people living elsewhere around the world before and after the time of the alledged flood event. Geological evidence dismisses a global flood event.

The people who wrote the bible didn't know that so got caught out on that lie too. The biblical tale of creation is also fiction.

Your ignorant prejudice is obvious when you talk about time lines.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Your info about proving the flood is dated. The more currant info seems to indicate the layers were laid down in quick succession. Consider the evidence provided by Mt. St. Hellens. The folded rock formations around the world. The volcanic action studied in the Grand Canyon.

That is utter horse chit and no actual scientific study shows any such thing. You may find some evangelical spewing some such psuedo science on places like youtube but it's laughable to consider those idiots as a credible source of information.

So you reject science because a Creationist with a Ph.D from a secular college give facts about Mt. St. Hellens and other geological formations?

That's real scientyific!

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Page 13 of 45 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 44 45

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
715 members (12308300, 160user, 11point, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 90 invisible), 2,723 guests, and 1,285 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,695
Posts18,399,890
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.