-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Who makes Glock 19 spring replacement kits? Or rebuild kits? I need to lay in a stash of these.

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I change recoil springs in semi auto pistols about every 5K rounds, need it or not. It is such an easy and inexpensive preventative maintenance thing to do that I can't see not doing it.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by David_Walter
Who makes Glock 19 spring replacement kits? Or rebuild kits? I need to lay in a stash of these.
What Generation? Glockstore and Glockmeister have Gen4-5 in stock.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by MOGC
I change recoil springs in semi auto pistols about every 5K rounds, need it or not. It is such an easy and inexpensive preventative maintenance thing to do that I can't see not doing it.

Originally Posted by David_Walter

Wolff Gunsprings supply almost all of the big name brand outfits. Most are simply re-packaging Wolff springs. I buy their 10 packs and then always have them on hand. Plus if you buy the 10 packs of trigger return springs, recoil springs, magazine springs, etc, when there is a major crisis and everybody is buying up every part out there, and there are no parts to be had, you already have everything you need safely tucked away.

I like to joke that I can easily rebuild 20 Gen 3 Glock 9mms or one Gen 3 Glock 20 times. Plus when you are diagnosing a problem gun, you simply start by getting rid of all the aftermarket crap on it until the thing runs right. It is amazing how often that solves the " My gun won't run right" problems.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Mountain10mm
FBI 10mm's were S&W's and Smith offered 10mm in a revolver but for some reason, they thought it best not to offer a modern/plastic semi-auto 10mm while the rest of the US gun companies filled the demand. So glad to see them back in the 10mm game. .

Because they were on the tip of the .40 S&W spear ... Would have been blasphemy to admit inferiority by chambering the 10mm Auto in ANY of their pistols .

IC B2

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Speaking of 10mm

Some Dude whistle

Has some 200 grain bear/predator defense type ammo in the classifieds for those who are looking.

Cheers all!

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Those were the days...

Conduct is the best proof of character.
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Only 10mm Ive shot is a Delta Elite.
Supposedly w hot ammo.
Shot good but wasnt impressed.

The 4.6" Smith w a reflex looks interesting.
Wish it was a little longer though.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Wish HK did a P30L in 10mm

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by EdM
Those were the days...

Damn, I thought the 610’s all came with a non fluted cylinder for some reason.

IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
PA,

The load data I am using for that load, which is a load I sell commercially, is not in any books. That said, if you research information on +P and .45 Super both here and elsewhere you will find lots of excellent information.

That particular load was designed to be used in guns that have been properly maintained and are in safe working order, yet still kept in stock form. In other words (using a 1911 as an example) not putting in flat bottom firing pin stops, changing magazine springs, etc.

You would be surprised how many people have no clue about maintaining a firearm and assume that if their semi auto is functioning then the recoil spring is totally fine and they don't need to replace it. That is like saying, "I have 100K miles on these tires, and they have never popped, so they are totally fine!"

few years ago i pulled the recoil springs from about six WWII 1911's and compared the lengths to a new wolf 45acp spring. they were all considerably shorter, and while retaining the original springs,those being shot got new springs.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Ron,

I am jealous for the fact that you have SIX World War II 1911s to pull springs from!!!

Wilson recommends a 20# spring if you are going to be extensive shooting of loads with a high power factor (using the old USPSA/IPSC formula of velocity times weight divided by 1K). For example the 10mm bear/predator loads I produce run in the 230 power factor range, and while the load was specifically designed to function perfectly fine with a stock gun and fresh springs in the gun and magazine, when I do a bunch of shooting, I run a 20# spring in my Glock.

Wolff has a spring kit complete with guide rod and when installed you can definitely tell a difference in terms of recoil control when shooting fast, controlled pairs.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Highly unlikely I know but I'd love a single stack/narrower Glock in 10mm. I love my 20 and 29 but for most of my 10mm use something not as bulky would be perfect.

A
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
A
Has anyone seen the new Smith and Wesson 10mm M&Ps in person yet?

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

60 members (808outdoors, 2500HD, 4th_point, 7mm_Loco, 6 invisible), 1,202 guests, and 732 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,718
Posts18,457,122
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.