Hop To
Page 14 of 45 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 44 45
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Sauer200

What's God's screen name on the "fire"?
Wonder how often he logs in?

A claimant to the throne is here and I won't give him the opening by naming him but he posts umpteen times a day.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Willto
Oh you mean that's what it says in a book written by men that you don't know and none of which can be verified.

So you don't accept legal historical evidence?

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Why does nearly every culture on every continent, have a flood myth? A lot of them even feature survivors who survived on a single boat.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_flood_myths

That would be pretty easily explained which I'm guessing you know. There is only one ocean. If the ocean suddenly broke through the strait between mainland Turkey and Europe and inundated thousands of square miles you can bet the same thing happened other places all over the world. I would imagine people living close to the original beach had boats on which some survived. I'm not believing the Alps, Himalayas, Rockies, etc. went under water. You don't believe that, do you?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Hastings
If the ocean suddenly broke through the strait between mainland Turkey and Europe and inundated thousands of square miles you can bet the same thing happened other places all over the world. I would imagine people living close to the original beach had boats on which some survived. I'm not believing the Alps, Himalayas, Rockies, etc. went under water. You don't believe that, do you?

Those mountains didn't exist prior to the Flood. Even secular geologist recognize they are uplifted.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Sauer200

What's God's screen name on the "fire"?
Wonder how often he logs in?

A claimant to the throne is here and I won't give him the opening by naming him but he posts umpteen times a day.

No, actually He is described in vivid details in a book that you have mostly rejected.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Ringman
If the ocean suddenly broke through the strait between mainland Turkey and Europe and inundated thousands of square miles you can bet the same thing happened other places all over the world. I would imagine people living close to the original beach had boats on which some survived. I'm not believing the Alps, Himalayas, Rockies, etc. went under water. You don't believe that, do you?

Those mountains didn't exist prior to the Flood. Even secular geologist recognize they are uplifted.

Well, yes, the mountains are uplifting even now. How long ago was the flood? How old are those mountains? If every piece of ice on earth melted do you think water would have covered the mountains as they were 5000, 10,000, or 12,000 years ago? Mount Ararat is almost 17,000 feet above sea level. Was it flat land back then?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I kind of think that these threads on religion tend to run on and on because there are those who, even though salvation is achieved as a gift, seem to believe that they somehow score some sort of points each time they act as a defender of the faith. I don't intend for that to be an attack on them, just as an observation from a believer who doesn't often post on these discussions.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
"Saved from" ?
The RONA, U.S. Gov?

What exactly are we looking for here?

FJB & FJT
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Why does nearly every culture on every continent, have a flood myth? A lot of them even feature survivors who survived on a single boat.

That would be pretty easily explained which I'm guessing you know. There is only one ocean. If the ocean suddenly broke through the strait between mainland Turkey and Europe and inundated thousands of square miles you can bet the same thing happened other places all over the world. I would imagine people living close to the original beach had boats on which some survived. I'm not believing the Alps, Himalayas, Rockies, etc. went under water. You don't believe that, do you?

I recognize that God works in ways we can only begin to understand.

Politics is War by Other Means
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT
The universe doesn't appear to be created.
Where did all this matter come from? There are way more questions than answers. Earth is not a grain of sand compared to the universe.

We don't know, therefore God is a poor assumption. Must anything we don't know be the work of God?

What is this thing you call "God?" Where did it come from? How does it make a Universe appear from nothing? What was it doing before the Universe?

IC B3

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
Where did all this matter come from? There are way more questions than answers. Earth is not a grain of sand compared to the universe.

We don't know, therefore God is a poor assumption. Must anything we don't know be the work of God?

What is this thing you call "God?" Where did it come from? How does it make a Universe appear from nothing? What was it doing before the Universe?

Exactly. Just claiming that a God did something doesn't solve any mystery of the universe. It just kicks the can down the road a little. Because the next logical question (as you already stated) simply becomes Okay, where did this God come from? What made it? How does it have these powers? Religious people can't justifiably berate scientists for their lack of being able to explain everything about the origin of the universe when the answers the religious people offer don't really explain how everything in the universe started either. God is an invented solution to the puzzle for which they have no proof.

And even if one subscribed to the "Hey all this must have come from somewhere so there must be a God" line of thinking (I don't) that generalistic notion in no way indicates which of the many gods the religions on this earth subscribe to is the correct one.

Last edited by Willto; 01/06/22.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT

"What is this thing you call "God?" Where did it come from?" I asked my mother this same question when I was less than 6 years old and all I got was a stammering " we don't know".

It is a fair question and you and she are right, we don't know.

There is a power and a first cause at the center of the universe that no one understands.

The teachings of Jesus are easy to understand if you strip away all the blathering of those that try to interpret for him to their own advantage. And I do believe he was who claimed to be.

But to be honest, Jesus' message and teachings weren't new or confined to the Hebrew God. Many religions and societies had the same basic teachings. Islam accepts Jesus as a prophet. I have met Hindus that accept Jesus.

The problem with "Christians" and for that matter most religions is the evil that uses it for cover.

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT

"What is this thing you call "God?" Where did it come from?" I asked my mother this same question when I was less than 6 years old and all I got was a stammering " we don't know".

It is a fair question and you and she are right, we don't know.

There is a power and a first cause at the center of the universe that no one understands.

The teachings of Jesus are easy to understand if you strip away all the blathering of those that try to interpret for him to their own advantage. And I do believe he was who claimed to be.

But to be honest, Jesus' message and teachings weren't new or confined to the Hebrew God. Many religions and societies had the same basic teachings. Islam accepts Jesus as a prophet. I have met Hindus that accept Jesus.

The problem with "Christians" and for that matter most religions is the evil that uses it for cover.

Just saying - "there is a power and a first cause at the center of the universe that no one understands" - is the assumption of 'We don't know, therefore God' regardless of whether we put a name to the thing called "God" or not.

If we don't know, we simply don't know, and the answer is: we don't know.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I gave up sinning a long time ago, why don't the rest of you, or is sinning just that much fun?

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
We can not, give up sinning.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Wrapids
I gave up sinning a long time ago, why don't the rest of you, or is sinning just that much fun?

Is that how we get to heaven when we leave this world?

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Nope, it never happened. There's evidence of populations of people living elsewhere around the world before and after the time of the alledged flood event. Geological evidence dismisses a global flood event.

The people who wrote the bible didn't know that so got caught out on that lie too. The biblical tale of creation is also fiction.
Didn't the Black Sea suddenly flood many 1000s of years ago at the end of the last ice age when the ocean broke over the barrier and put hundreds of feet of water over inhabited land. The Hebrew bible is not the only ancient account of a catastrophic flood. There are a lot of the bible accounts that have been found to have some basis in the evidence uncovered by archeologists such as the total destruction of Jericho.
If the Black Sea flood occurred, it was a local event and not consistent with the world wide flood of the Bible.

Because floods are common.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by Willto
Your info about proving the flood is dated. The more currant info seems to indicate the layers were laid down in quick succession. Consider the evidence provided by Mt. St. Hellens. The folded rock formations around the world. The volcanic action studied in the Grand Canyon.

That is utter horse chit and no actual scientific study shows any such thing. You may find some evangelical spewing some such psuedo science on places like youtube but it's laughable to consider those idiots as a credible source of information.

So you reject science because a Creationist with a Ph.D from a secular college give facts about Mt. St. Hellens and other geological formations?

That's real scientyific!

The Creationist Mt. St. Helens craps been long debunked.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

The "God Inspired" Bible is very specific that the water's covered the highest mountains.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

I recognize that God works in ways we can only begin to understand.

In other words, much of what's claimed in The Bible makes absolutely no sense at all.

Page 14 of 45 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 44 45

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
480 members (10gaugeman, 1Longbow, 160user, 300jimmy, 10ring1, 1lesfox, 45 invisible), 2,188 guests, and 1,006 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,596
Posts18,398,160
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.