Page 15 of 45 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 44 45
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by Ringman
If the ocean suddenly broke through the strait between mainland Turkey and Europe and inundated thousands of square miles you can bet the same thing happened other places all over the world. I would imagine people living close to the original beach had boats on which some survived. I'm not believing the Alps, Himalayas, Rockies, etc. went under water. You don't believe that, do you?

Those mountains didn't exist prior to the Flood. Even secular geologist recognize they are uplifted.

Well, yes, the mountains are uplifting even now. How long ago was the flood? How old are those mountains? If every piece of ice on earth melted do you think water would have covered the mountains as they were 5000, 10,000, or 12,000 years ago? Mount Ararat is almost 17,000 feet above sea level. Was it flat land back then?

Don't listen to Ringman, he's a Young Earth Creationist who gets his "science" from the like of Answers in Genesis.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
GB1

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
The universe doesn't appear to be created.
Where did all this matter come from? There are way more questions than answers. Earth is not a grain of sand compared to the universe.

We don't know, therefore God is a poor assumption. Must anything we don't know be the work of God?

What is this thing you call "God?" Where did it come from? How does it make a Universe appear from nothing? What was it doing before the Universe?

And answering a mystery with an ever greater mystery does not simplify the original mystery.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
The problem with "Christians" and for that matter most religions is the evil that uses it for cover.

And that my friend is one of the biggest problems with religions. All evil, including mass murder, mass rape, ethnic cleansing ang genocide can be justified with religion.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
All the black folks in my neck of the woods are. They go out stealing and killing on Saturday night. Then in church Sunday asking for forgiveness!

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by TF49
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Willto
You may not understand John 14:17….. God comes and abides with and within the believer. When that happens, there is no doubt.

The witness within of the Holy Spirit is powerful.

Well there are 4000 recognized religions on this planet and all of them have members who believe just as powerfully as you that they are on the one true path. Yep, no doubts in their mind at all.

And yet simple deductive logic tells you that 3999 of them have to be wrong. So much for the accuracy of powerful feelings.

Tf49

Well, you are focused on my personal belief and how you think it is not different from someone else's belief. You are not getting the "why" of my belief.

OK.... I'll just repost a response to one who was claiming that there is "no evidence" and leave you all to it.....

".......Well, there is evidence for the existence of God all around us. You either reject it or don’t see it.

Also, as it has been posted before, when the Creator comes to abide “within” the believer, that believer indeed has “proof.”

But, you apparently don’t see and you apparently “don’t have.”

Still, you comment above piques some interest. You state “…. the burden of proof lies with the one making the positive “claim.”….

I think this is nothing but word bafflegab. You may believe that Christians are making a “claim,” but I see it as Christians providing a testimony or witness of our experience.

But, you choose you words carefully and there is one interesting way to look at your post.

Should you be judged….. by a God you claim has not proved His existence….. this God, at your judgment may “play the video tape” of your life and show you literally dozens of times He made His presence known to you…. Only to have you somehow reject the witness.

No one can “argue” you into belief….. Only God can “get you to flip.” I wonder how many times the Spirit has knocked on your door, but you refused to answer the knock. You will say that that has never happened. I would expect that God will show you He knocked dozens of times when the tape rolls."

If you were born and raised a muslim you'd be using the same arguement for allah. How do you know your god isn't actually allah? Did he clearly identify himself to you?

By the way, why would god be keeping video footage? Does it say this in the bible? Wouldn't both parties already know what they've done, or is god forgetfull these days? Sounds like some fresh bafflegab to me.

Hmm…. You and willto don’t seem to get allegory or even metaphor…… I guess I am not surprised.

You missed the first part of my response.

Your allegorical metaphorical statement was nonsense so I responded with more speculation.

Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Buck720
All the black folks in my neck of the woods are. They go out stealing and killing on Saturday night. Then in church Sunday asking for forgiveness!

If you have proof and names, might I suggest asking for a meeting with their pastor? Who knows if he might have some pull with them and tell them to return the list of stolen property and add restitution. I can't say if it'll work, but you probably know how far you'll get with the criminal justice system in the city.

Last edited by Happy_Camper; 01/06/22.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Ringman
Nope, it never happened. There's evidence of populations of people living elsewhere around the world before and after the time of the alledged flood event. Geological evidence dismisses a global flood event.

The people who wrote the bible didn't know that so got caught out on that lie too. The biblical tale of creation is also fiction.

Your ignorant prejudice is obvious when you talk about time lines.

Where's your evidence to support your accusation?

No evidence that man was even ever globally wiped out, let alone by a mega-flood that never happened.

Well?
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Buck720

On the other subject, I'll be the first to tell you that although church attendance is important, if it's led by a saved pastor: However, church attendance never saved anyone.

Living a moral life, baptism and every other good deed is not payment for even one sin.

Check out 8,9. https://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/Ephesians-2-8/

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper

Living a moral life, baptism and every other good deed is not payment for even one sin.

Explains why many christians are in jail - end of the day it doesn't matter as long as you accept Jesus as your saviour and your sins will be automatically forgiven.

Well?
L
LBP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Absolutely!

Will Munny: It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.

Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

Explains why many christians are in jail - end of the day it doesn't matter as long as you accept Jesus as your saviour and your sins will be automatically forgiven.

I never made excuses for any criminals. Nor did I say that the thieves mentioned in the topic at hand were believers.
How do you Atheists maintain such impeccable integrity as your own gods? It must be a tough job.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

I never made excuses for any criminals. Nor did I say that the thieves mentioned in the topic at hand were believers.
How do you Atheists maintain such impeccable integrity as your own gods? It must be a tough job.

Show me where any atheist in this thread's claimed to be a god?

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
The problem with "Christians" and for that matter most religions is the evil that uses it for cover.

And that my friend is one of the biggest problems with religions. All evil, including mass murder, mass rape, ethnic cleansing ang genocide can be justified with religion.

Ain't that the truth. It was all Tito could do to keep Yugoslavia peaceful and stopping Roman Catholics, Orthodox Catholics, and Bosnian Muslims from going on genocidal pogroms. Look what happened after that courageous man died. Somehow or another Jesus' real teachings get left in the dust although all 3 of those religions claim the utmost respect for Jesus.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

I'm not saying you have. I've talked to locals and there seems to be a common thread about that. They use it metaphorically I think, but nevertheless think of selves as masters of their own destinies and themselves as their own"gods". Either way, the shameful way that someone behaves against others is no indication of the Biblical believer's faith. Nor are believers sinless. They have the same sin nature as they did before believing on Christ. The new nature is a spiritual part that is available at the moment one decides to choose faith. If they opt to function in the sin nature, then they will certainly act as their old self. We should not, but it is a constant choice as all men and women are tempted to sin.

Time for devotions and sleep.
Later

Last edited by Happy_Camper; 01/06/22.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M

I'm not saying you have. I've talked to locals and there seems to be a common thread about that. They use it metaphorically I think, but nevertheless think of selves as masters of their own destinies and themselves as their own"gods".

That's a load of crap (surprise?). Who would think that they are a god? Why would anyone want to be as immoral and unethical as the god portrayed in the bible for example?

Well?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Me in red.

[Re: NVhntr]

Guess what, God humbled me and then healed me. You are about as far from humble as anyone I have ever encountered.
I had the idea that
"You consider the substitutionary death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ inadequate sacrifice for sins inadequate."..
You responded here that it comes from a demented mind (You made an ignorant statement regarding my beliefs. Your saying what I believe is not what I believe. Where do you get off telling others what they believe? The fact that you consistently do that to those you disagree with, as well as the numerous brain injuries you have told us about, indicates your demented mind.) Example: your statement two posts up from this one where you state atheists think they are Gods
...while you and your bud call that message a "steaming pile of dog [bleep]" on the next thread. Yes, I consider your condescending, hateful, holier than thou, rantings, videos and links to be about as valuable as canine feces. Has your presence and delivery here gained any converts to Christianity? Name one.

This isn't unusual. You attack most gospel (good news) messages that have the theme of the Savior's all sufficient sacrifice. What am I to think??? As usual, you are a liar. I have never attacked any "gospel". Your unusual dogma is not gospel. My attacks are entirely personal and aimed at YOU and YOU alone.
Is that not what you think?
Your answer to the gospel is to either twist my words and call ME a liar or to say that my Sunday post is demented. The only one who twists words here is you. The quotes that I provide are your words verbatim, the dates of the quotes are provided; anyone who questions their accuracy can find them easy enough.
I ask you about what you think is required for salvation? I consider entering into a serious religious discussion with you to be a waste of time. Let's just say that I agree with very little of what you post and leave it at that.
Simple question. I will take that as your answer then. Whatever

I wonder what the Lord thinks when He reads your comments that blaspheme His Son and all that He offers as a gift? Please provide a link to a quote where I have blasphemed the Lord. You seem to conflate my personal opinion of you as blasphemy. Let me tell you a little secret Happy, you are not the Lord. You also don't have the commission to name reprobates, but that doesn't seem to stop you.
There are only so many chances anyone gets that offer of life, then it's too late. Thank you for stating the obvious, no need to make yourself a nuisance preaching to the choir.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by LBP
Absolutely!

Is this situation supposed to continue in Heaven.....people behave badly, do the wrong thing and have to be constantly forgiven, forever and ever amen? Like on Earth, so in Heaven? Once a sinner, always a Sinner?

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Willto
You may not understand John 14:17….. God comes and abides with and within the believer. When that happens, there is no doubt.

The witness within of the Holy Spirit is powerful.

Well there are 4000 recognized religions on this planet and all of them have members who believe just as powerfully as you that they are on the one true path. Yep, no doubts in their mind at all.

And yet simple deductive logic tells you that 3999 of them have to be wrong. So much for the accuracy of powerful feelings.

Tf49

Well, you are focused on my personal belief and how you think it is not different from someone else's belief. You are not getting the "why" of my belief.

OK.... I'll just repost a response to one who was claiming that there is "no evidence" and leave you all to it.....

".......Well, there is evidence for the existence of God all around us. You either reject it or don’t see it.

Also, as it has been posted before, when the Creator comes to abide “within” the believer, that believer indeed has “proof.”

But, you apparently don’t see and you apparently “don’t have.”

Still, you comment above piques some interest. You state “…. the burden of proof lies with the one making the positive “claim.”….

I think this is nothing but word bafflegab. You may believe that Christians are making a “claim,” but I see it as Christians providing a testimony or witness of our experience.

But, you choose you words carefully and there is one interesting way to look at your post.

Should you be judged….. by a God you claim has not proved His existence….. this God, at your judgment may “play the video tape” of your life and show you literally dozens of times He made His presence known to you…. Only to have you somehow reject the witness.

No one can “argue” you into belief….. Only God can “get you to flip.” I wonder how many times the Spirit has knocked on your door, but you refused to answer the knock. You will say that that has never happened. I would expect that God will show you He knocked dozens of times when the tape rolls."

If you were born and raised a muslim you'd be using the same arguement for allah. How do you know your god isn't actually allah? Did he clearly identify himself to you?

By the way, why would god be keeping video footage? Does it say this in the bible? Wouldn't both parties already know what they've done, or is god forgetfull these days? Sounds like some fresh bafflegab to me.

Hmm…. You and willto don’t seem to get allegory or even metaphor…… I guess I am not surprised.

You missed the first part of my response.

Your allegorical metaphorical statement was nonsense so I responded with more speculation.

No, I did not miss the first part of your response. I chose not to respond to it because it is just complete nonsense. See Brandolini’s Law.

Many people raised in one religion convert to another. Nobody is locked in because of how they were raised. Many, after being raised in a particular belief system choose to become non-believers … or adherents of different beliefs of their own choice. The “ first part of ‘your’ response” is simply an untruth.

Seems to me that one frequent poster on this forum has related that he was once a Christian and then later abandoned the faith. I wonder how he was raised.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Being born into a culture, you are conditioned by that culture. You don't choose the culture you were born into, or the religion you grew up with....but if exposed to other cultures, other ideas, it is possible to change the way you see the world.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If god was a planet manager the galaxy area manager would go jehovah- we gave you a budget of infinity and a workscope of infinity with a supporting staff of infinity and after 6000 years you have.

1. Failed to communicate to all staff you were the manager. It took 6000 years before the last races even heard you were the manager
2. 70% of the people you created still dont believe you exist.
3. 70% of all people live in abject poverty.
4 . You have an excessiive disciplinary policy being just 80 years of crime in a lifetime is somehow punished by a billion billions of years in hell.

Jehovah would not get his bonus.

Seriously you could give the same power to the average gamer millenial stoner and get better KPI's.

Page 15 of 45 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 44 45

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

314 members (1_deuce, 264mag, 1beaver_shooter, 204guy, 10gaugemag, 29aholic, 47 invisible), 1,688 guests, and 1,141 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,219
Posts18,447,438
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.