Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
I'd worry about China a lot more

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
GB1

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Orion2000
Not just Honda... Toyota sells passenger vehicles with diesel engines in almost all countries of the world... Except the U.S. ... Trying getting a diesel HiLux (Tacoma) in the U.S. Scads of them right across the border in Mexico. Zero for sale in the U.S.

Please explain why the U.S. emission laws are toyotas problem? If the epa didnt require ultra low sulfur diesel, Def, and other b.s. it would be profitable to sell diesels here for them. But as of now it's probably not worth the headache.

Also to the op, maybe those other countries have their ports open. They probably aren't bogged down with covtard rules, free money incentives not to work, etc.....

Last edited by Jackson_Handy; 01/08/22.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Originally Posted by JSTUART

You pair would do well to place the blame where it belongs...on your government and your corporations, just like every other time.

Yep. It ain’t the Japanese.

Freaking commie Dems all want One World government, all the nastynice European Global Warming sign-on governments allow the Hilux, Ford/GM/Dodge know it would be the most purchased vehicle in the US and THAT is why they are not allowed.

Got to keep them Unions happy. JSTURART is spot on.

To preserve liberty it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.-Richard Henry Lee

Endowment Member NRA, Life Member SAF-GOA, Life-Board Member, West TN Director TFA
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
J
Boomer responses are the best....

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
Wish swfa could just get my replacement scope in. Been waiting over a year. I did just hear that our new accord hybrid has finally shipped and will be here next week. It's made in the US but several parts are still Japanese.

Wish we had a different government that helped support businesses here in the US. Ours is too busy trying to kill off all small and medium business and consolidate everything into one large fascist corporation in each industry that they can control.

Bb

Your doing your part to kill off US business when you buy a hybrid vehicle.

Life is good live it while you can.
IC B2

O
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
O

You pair would do well to place the blame where it belongs...on your government and your corporations, just like every other time.
Agree that some portion is inane U.S. regulations like the Big Three funded 25% import tariff on completed pickup trucks. Hence the Japanese trucks are (were?) imported in kit form and "assembled" in the U.S. Toyota finally gave up on making Tacomas in California when CA tightened the regulations on VOC emissions. I think now many of the Toyota Tacoma trucks are actually built in Mexico.

Originally Posted by ironbender
Not just Honda... Toyota sells passenger vehicles with diesel engines in almost all countries of the world... Except the U.S. ... Trying getting a diesel HiLux (Tacoma) in the U.S. Scads of them right across the border in Mexico. Zero for sale in the U.S.

They have several diesel motors in the HiLux. The Tacoma doesn’t have any diesel offerings.
If the HiLux is not the non-US version of the Tacoma, it is PDC... The one visual difference I can see is the HiLux might have a little more ground clearance. Possibly shallower or flat floor pans in the passenger compartment? Regardless, I would be in line to buy a diesel HiLux if it were offered in the U.S. market.

I think the "tell" for Toyota is their work with the fuel cell trucks at the Port of LA. If they can sort out fuel cells in Class 7 / Class 8 hostler trucks, downsizing the technology for Hino / Tundra / Tacoma trucks would make it easy to totally bypass the current diesel emission regs...

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Yes. You sit on the floor in a Hilux.

I am MAGA.
RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have driven a bunch of Hi-Lux trucks overseas. They are awesome pieces of machinery. If they sold them here, it would be over a year wait.

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
The problem in this country is govt. control policies whether it be federal, state, or local. They all want to control. If they cant control it or tax it, we can't have it.

D
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
D

With respect to the Hilux you are correct but the bikes meet the new Euro standard which is stricter than ours. There's more at foot here

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

How are the Mexican prices? I here that everything there is cheaper, or rather big mark up on everything marketed to USA.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by saddlesore
I'd worry about China a lot more

I worry more about Washington D.C.

R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
I drive a made in Japan Toyota 4 Runner. It is the bugs nutz!

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I blame our government,not Japan.When ISIS formed up under the zero administration,those a-holes where all driving brand new Toyota diesels.I'm sure they were paid for buy us,Thank You John McCain and Lyndsey Graham,in their effort to over through the Syrian Assad regime.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
As Bob Hagel would say"You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong."Good words of wisdom...............
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
The democrats are my primary concern.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle

Agree that some portion is inane U.S. regulations like the Big Three funded 25% import tariff on completed pickup trucks. Hence the Japanese trucks are (were?) imported in kit form and "assembled" in the U.S. Toyota finally gave up on making Tacomas in California when CA tightened the regulations on VOC emissions. I think now many of the Toyota Tacoma trucks are actually built in Mexico.
Originally Posted by ironbender

They have several diesel motors in the HiLux. The Tacoma doesn’t have any diesel offerings.
If the HiLux is not the non-US version of the Tacoma, it is PDC... The one visual difference I can see is the HiLux might have a little more ground clearance. Possibly shallower or flat floor pans in the passenger compartment? Regardless, I would be in line to buy a diesel HiLux if it were offered in the U.S. market.

I think the "tell" for Toyota is their work with the fuel cell trucks at the Port of LA. If they can sort out fuel cells in Class 7 / Class 8 hostler trucks, downsizing the technology for Hino / Tundra / Tacoma trucks would make it easy to totally bypass the current diesel emission regs...

They are very close. The taco following the hilux (Toyota truck) in the USA.

What I’ve read, is that the taco is built more for comfort on a passenger car frame/suspension. The Toyota truck was a different frame.

Would love to have a diesel hilux. How difficult is it to buy one in MX and drive it back? Is it legal?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by tikkanut

I'd buy a new Hi Lux diesel tomorrow in the USA if I could

They are that good, the 21 got a bigger turbo, and they go really good now

Last edited by Castle_Rock; 01/09/22.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

588 members (12344mag, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 007FJ, 55 invisible), 2,309 guests, and 1,198 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,612
Posts18,454,920
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.