24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 21 of 45 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 44 45
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'd still like to know, evolutionarily speaking, which came first the chicken or the egg? Or more precisely, an egg laying species or it's egg? How did it bridge the reproduction gap?

Politics is War by Other Means
BP-B2

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Springcove
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Honest question. It seems to bother some of you that people have faith why?

Does it bother you that the 9/11 Hijackers murdered over 3,000 Americans and plunged us into a 20 year long war?

Yes…

Actions are manifest from beliefs. So actions based on accurate beliefs congruent with the objective reality yield better outcomes.
As beliefs deviate from objective reality, so do the quality of the actions based upon those bad believes and the worse the outcomes.

Unfortunately the bad impacts of those bad actions are not always limited to those holding the objectively wrong beliefs.
Combine bad fanaticism with objectively bad believes and you get very bad outcomes, like 9/11, half million "witches" burned at the stake, modern science deniers who attempt to substitute religions classes for science class, trillion is economic damage fighting the evils of modern progress, and 100 million dead under Mao.

Different beliefs have lead to every war in the history of man. I’m not here to argue how someone believes. I’m just trying to understand why some have an issue in how I believe. I have no issue with people who don’t share my beliefs because that is their choice. I have made mine and you have made yours and I respect that.

My friend and hunting partner of more than 30 years is agnostic/atheist I’m actually not sure. I just know he doesn’t share my beliefs but it hasn’t affected are friendship because of it.

People like the OP do a disservice to a lot of Christians and that is unfortunate.

SC,
Not all religions/belief systems are created equal, nor are all Christianities.

A good majority of Christians in America today are what I call functional Atheist. They claim to believe, don't really know what's in their bible, go to Chruch for weddings and funerals and focus on solving this world problems in this world, and don't unquestionably based their actions on dubiously sourced ancient parchments, and attempt to force other to conform to the same belief their at the point of a gun by trying to pass laws based on their old book. When debating, these are not the Christians I'm looking for, and I suspect you fall squarely in this camp. Dont' get me wrong, I'll still debate you for fun, to see if you have new or cleaver apologetics I've never head and to hone my skills, but you are not the droid I'm looking for.

When we study the impacts of religion against measures of well being, the evidence is crystal clear. The more fundamentalist the beliefs the worst the outcomes. It really doesn't matter what you measure, income per capita, teen pregnancy rates, rates of imprisonment, life expectancy, educational attainment, across the board, greater levels of fundamentalism lead to worse outcomes.

These are the believer's I'm looking for. Those who's beliefs are so wrong they impact the greater world in a negative way. I don't limit myself to Christians Fundamentalist's. I'm also opposed to Marxist, Muslim, Global Warming Alarmist, Hindu, Shinto, and Jainist Fundamentalist, we just don't have may of those of The Fire, so our religious debates typically revolve around Christianity.

Additionally, fundamentalist creates a viscous cycle. When fundamentalist fail they attribute their failure to an insufficient level of fundamentalism.
Put another way, fundamentalism leads to bad outs, bad out comes for fundamentalist leads to greater levels of fundamentalism, which lead to worse outcomes, and more fundamentalism etc. To better understand this in action, I suggest you read Lawrence Wrights "The Looming Tower: Al-Qaeda and the Road to 9/11".

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by wabigoon
I want to be in that, Number.

And there in lies part of the problem.
You are willing to believe anything for the illusion that you could be part of that number.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
And there in lies part of the problem. You are willing to believe anything for the illusion that you could be part of that number.
His beliefs are not a problem for him. But his beliefs are clearly a problem for you. Why…?

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Originally Posted by NH K9
Honest question. It seems to bother some of you that people have faith why?

Honest answer:
I'm not bothered in the least by the faithful. I despise hypocrite Bible thumpers who feel the need to push their beliefs on others.

As a believer, I'm right there with you.

Compare the OP to Ken Howell.

Both are/were Christian, and that's where the comparison ends.

Ken started a lot of theological threads, but seldom did I feel the need to join in. Ken enjoyed debating the finer points of theology in a way that would make Christians better men as measured by their actions on this earth. He never reverted to based tactics, such as Pascals Wager, until he neared his end, and at that point, I felt it no longer fair to debate him. The younger sharper Ken would of been a lot of fun to debate. He'd of run circles around me, but not without my learning a lot in the process.

Ken Howell was a fine gentleman. Crappy Hampster is an insufferable, patronizing, arrogant, condescending asshat.

IC B2

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by antlers
And there in lies part of the problem. You are willing to believe anything for the illusion that you could be part of that number.
His beliefs are not a problem for him. But his beliefs are clearly a problem for you. Why…?

Do you care about truth?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Do you care about truth?
Why the diversion…? Why not answer the question that was first asked of you…?

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Do you care about truth?
Why the diversion…? Why not answer the question that was first asked of you…?

It's not a diversion. I asked that questions for purpose.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's not a diversion. I asked that question for purpose.
And I first asked a question of you for purpose.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A

You're being obtuse today, so let me ask this a different way.

What's better. For a persons beliefs to align with objective really or to believe in fairy tales that make them feel good?

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You're being obtuse today, so let me ask this a different way. What's better. For a persons beliefs to align with objective really or to believe in fairy tales that make them feel good?
How about you just first answer the simple question that was first asked of you, and then we’ll move on from there…?

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
F A I R Y T A L E ..

There was an old lady who lived in a shoe,
She had so many children, she didn't know what to do.
So she fed them some broth without any bread,
Then whipped them all soundly and sent them to bed.

O B J EC T I V E R E A L I T Y ...

Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures,
and that he was buried, and that he rose again the
third day according to the scriptures.
(1Corinthians 15:3-4)

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Crappy Hampster is an insufferable, patronizing, arrogant, condescending asshat.
To say the least

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Tyrone
I'd still like to know, evolutionarily speaking, which came first the chicken or the egg? Or more precisely, an egg laying species or it's egg? How did it bridge the reproduction gap?

Not nitpicking here but for the egg to develop then hatch, the Rooster had to cum first.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Houston_2

Not nitpicking here but for the egg to develop then hatch, the Rooster had to cum first.

That does complicate things.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by Houston_2

That does complicate things.

Pay attention now.

The hen came about and was created from the ribs of the rooster.

Don’t you know anything, farm boy ?

As VG would say,,,,Double Sheeesh, Dude !

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by the_shootist
F A I R Y T A L E ..

There was an old lady who lived in a shoe,
She had so many children, she didn't know what to do.
So she fed them some broth without any bread,
Then whipped them all soundly and sent them to bed.

O B J EC T I V E R E A L I T Y ...

Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures,
and that he was buried, and that he rose again the
third day according to the scriptures.
(1Corinthians 15:3-4)

You speak truth.

Jesus is the Truth.

Those who reject the Word of God, no matter how much evidence has been provided them, are unconvincable.
Would another year worth of truth convince them?...I doubt it.
I think that they made it clear that their purpose in life is to lead people away from the truth. NV, Cantaloupe Snipper, etc.

Last edited by Happy_Camper; 01/08/22.
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

You left out the part where he said, “and it ain’t no skin off my ass if you go “.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper

You speak truth.

Jesus is the Truth.

Those who reject the Word of God, no matter how much evidence has been provided them, are unconvincable.
Would another year worth of truth convince them?...I doubt it.
I think that they made it clear that their purpose in life is to lead people away from the truth. NV, Cantaloupe Snipper, etc.

Did you ever stop and think that maybe your job is to stop shoving the word of god down peoples throats and start showing them gods word. being you're particularly obtuse I'll give you a hint, showing them gods word is not opening the bible and showing them the pages.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Page 21 of 45 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 44 45

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
701 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 06hunter59, 73 invisible), 2,795 guests, and 1,314 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,632
Posts18,398,825
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.