Page 22 of 45 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 44 45
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
It's not a diversion. I asked that question for purpose.
And I first asked a question of you for purpose.
You're being obtuse today, so let me ask this a different way. What's better. For a persons beliefs to align with objective really or to believe in fairy tales that make them feel good?
How about you just first answer the simple question that was first asked of you, and then we’ll move on from there…?

You don't address my questions.

BP-B2

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by the_shootist
F A I R Y T A L E ..

There was an old lady who lived in a shoe,
She had so many children, she didn't know what to do.
So she fed them some broth without any bread,
Then whipped them all soundly and sent them to bed.

O B J EC T I V E R E A L I T Y ...

Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures,
and that he was buried, and that he rose again the
third day according to the scriptures.
(1Corinthians 15:3-4)

They are both fairy tales of sorts. The heading for the second paragraph is falsely asserting the following as a fact but without evidence, so it's a lie.

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by the_shootist
F A I R Y T A L E ..

Then whipped them
[quote=the_shootist]F A I R Y T A L E ..

Then whipped them all soundly and sent them to bed.

O B J EC T I V E R E A L I T Y ...

Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures,
and that he was buried, and that he rose again the
third day according to the scriptures.
(1Corinthians 15:3-4)

It hasn't been established as objective reality, which is why it takes faith to believe.

Last edited by DBT; 01/08/22.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Tyrone
I'd still like to know, evolutionarily speaking, which came first the chicken or the egg? Or more precisely, an egg laying species or it's egg? How did it bridge the reproduction gap?

The egg is just part of the lifecycle of a chicken. Eggs of various forms have been around for over 300 million years. Chicken ancestors developed about 50,000 to 60,000 years ago, and the domestic chicken about 8,000 years ago. I don't think the bible mentions any of that for some reason.

Eggs are part of sexual reproduction - even us placental mammals use the egg system. It has been successful under the natural selection process for a long time now.

Obviously I don't know the answer myself and haven't looked to research the topic so can't really help except to say that the starting point happened way before the chicken ever existed at all.

Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We live in a culture that questions biblical authority…understandably so…so like Apostle Peter did when he talked with a Gentile audience in Caesarea, it makes sense to me to adapt the approach and communication to be more receptive to those who don’t consider the Bible as authoritative.

The Bible didn’t even exist, but he didn’t quote from the Hebrew Scriptures either. When he talked with a Hebrew audience in Jerusalem during the Hebrew festival of Pentecost, he did, but he didn’t here because the Gentiles didn’t consider the Hebrew Scriptures as authoritative.

The Hebrew Scriptures were given to the Hebrews. So Peter instead focused on the life and death and resurrection of Jesus. And he made it clear to the Gentiles that the resurrection had implications way beyond the Hebrews, and that everyone who believes in Jesus receives forgiveness of sins through His name.

Peter’s messages differed in their use of the Hebrew Scriptures, but both messages centered on Jesus’ ministry and death and resurrection. That’s what mattered most. And to me, that’s still what matters most.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper

You speak truth.

Jesus is the Truth.

Those who reject the Word of God, no matter how much evidence has been provided them, are unconvincable.
Would another year worth of truth convince them?...I doubt it.
I think that they made it clear that their purpose in life is to lead people away from the truth. NV, Cantaloupe Snipper, etc.

Did you ever stop and think that maybe your job is to stop shoving the word of god down peoples throats and start showing them gods word. being you're particularly obtuse I'll give you a hint, showing them gods word is not opening the bible and showing them the pages.

So when you guys tag team like the hooded pro wrestlers against my kindhearted Sunday sermons, you want me to smile and keep my mouth shut while you run off every decent believer and unbeliever.
I'm going to take a wild guess that the thieves at the Stop & Rob convenience store hope to find unarmed passive victims to make their tasks easier. Satan didn't like Jesus armed with the Words of God from the O.T. either.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

You speak truth.

Jesus is the Truth.

Those who reject the Word of God, no matter how much evidence has been provided them, are unconvincable.
I think that they made it clear that their purpose in life is to lead people away from the truth. NV, Cantaloupe Snipper, etc.

Did you ever stop and think that maybe your job is to stop shoving the word of god down peoples throats and start showing them gods word. being you're particularly obtuse I'll give you a hint, showing them gods word is not opening the bible and showing them the pages.

So when you guys tag team like the hooded pro wrestlers against my kindhearted Sunday sermons, you want me to smile and keep my mouth shut while you run off every decent believer and unbeliever.
I'm going to take a wild guess that the thieves at the Stop & Rob convenience store hope to find unarmed passive victims to make their tasks easier. Satan didn't like Jesus armed with the Words of God from the O.T. either.

Crappy's dodging and misdirection as usual. How many converts have you brought into the fold Crappy?
How many have you scared away?

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Waiting for replies.

Originally Posted by NVhntr
Me in red.

[Re: NVhntr]

Guess what, God humbled me and then healed me. You are about as far from humble as anyone I have ever encountered.
I had the idea that
"You consider the substitutionary death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ inadequate sacrifice for sins inadequate."..
You responded here that it comes from a demented mind (You made an ignorant statement regarding my beliefs. Your saying what I believe is not what I believe. Where do you get off telling others what they believe? The fact that you consistently do that to those you disagree with, as well as the numerous brain injuries you have told us about, indicates your demented mind.) Example: your statement two posts up from this one where you state atheists think they are Gods
...while you and your bud call that message a "steaming pile of dog [bleep]" on the next thread. Yes, I consider your condescending, hateful, holier than thou, rantings, videos and links to be about as valuable as canine feces. Has your presence and delivery here gained any converts to Christianity? Name one.

This isn't unusual. You attack most gospel (good news) messages that have the theme of the Savior's all sufficient sacrifice. What am I to think??? As usual, you are a liar. I have never attacked any "gospel". Your unusual dogma is not gospel. My attacks are entirely personal and aimed at YOU and YOU alone.
Is that not what you think?
Your answer to the gospel is to either twist my words and call ME a liar or to say that my Sunday post is demented. The only one who twists words here is you. The quotes that I provide are your words verbatim, the dates of the quotes are provided; anyone who questions their accuracy can find them easy enough.
I ask you about what you think is required for salvation? I consider entering into a serious religious discussion with you to be a waste of time. Let's just say that I agree with very little of what you post and leave it at that.
Simple question. I will take that as your answer then. Whatever

I wonder what the Lord thinks when He reads your comments that blaspheme His Son and all that He offers as a gift? Please provide a link to a quote where I have blasphemed the Lord. You seem to conflate my personal opinion of you as blasphemy. Let me tell you a little secret Happy, you are not the Lord. You also don't have the commission to name reprobates, but that doesn't seem to stop you.
There are only so many chances anyone gets that offer of life, then it's too late. Thank you for stating the obvious, no need to make yourself a nuisance preaching to the choir.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

You speak truth.

Jesus is the Truth.

Shouldn't truth be able to withstand questioning and debate? Are we supposed to just accept what is written in old scrolls?

N
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
N

You speak truth.

Jesus is the Truth.

Crappy's dodging and misdirection as usual. How many converts have you brought into the fold Crappy?

I'm not sure he's driven any away.............even those looking for 'something' can see that he's not the right way too get there. Those who already Believe should be able to see him for what he is and create distance. Those who aren't going to believe but are willing to debate harmoniously with those who do aren't going to be able to due to the personality type. Any of the above can find better examples of what they're looking for close at hand.

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

You speak truth.

Jesus is the Truth.

Of course you are still here so I must not be doing something right.
But the Lord did say that, This kind can come forth by nothing, but by prayer and fasting.

Last edited by Happy_Camper; 01/08/22.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

You speak truth.

Jesus is the Truth.

I knew he would answer that way, typical Happy Camper M.O.

He will never be able to comprehend.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
And he's a toggler.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
It's not a diversion. I asked that question for purpose.
And I first asked a question of you for purpose.
You're being obtuse today, so let me ask this a different way. What's better. For a persons beliefs to align with objective really or to believe in fairy tales that make them feel good?
How about you just first answer the simple question that was first asked of you, and then we’ll move on from there…?

If you'd been paying attention, you'd have notice I've already addressed your question.

How about you respond to what I've already written on the subject.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
... my kindhearted Sunday sermons...

That's funny.
You are not kinhearted, but an insufferable, patronizing, arrogant, condescending asshat.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S

That's funny.
You are not kinhearted, but an insufferable, patronizing, arrogant, condescending asshat.

You sir are 100% correct…

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
We live in a culture that questions biblical authority…

Coulda left it there

Adherents of scientific materialism have run head on into the limitation of that world view and the predictable response has been relativistic nihilism.

From that point there is nothing but cynicism toward anything and everything that makes a universal claim of any kind.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

That's funny.

If you and your friends ever came into my church speaking Jesus Christ's name blasphemously and acting like you do here, you could expect more than that Jack.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by wabigoon
I want to be in that, Number.
And there in lies part of the problem. You are willing to believe anything for the illusion that you could be part of that number.
His beliefs are not a problem for him. But his beliefs are clearly a problem for you. Why…?
If you'd been paying attention, you'd have noticed I've already addressed your question.
No, you haven’t answered the question that was first asked of you (above).
How about you respond to what I've already written on the subject.
How about you just first answer the simple question that was first asked of you (above), and then we’ll move on from there…?

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
WOW! I'm glad I don't get involved in these threads, this is better than going to the circus.

Page 22 of 45 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 44 45

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
694 members (10gaugemag, 10ring1, 12308300, 007FJ, 160user, 10Glocks, 85 invisible), 2,761 guests, and 1,297 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,637
Posts18,398,939
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.