Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 24 of 45 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 44 45
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Hastings
Could you be so kind as to provide the name and street address of your church. I want to sneak in and take a listen. I promise not to do anything disruptive. I'll just listen. You may have something I need and you just may not be able to articulate it here.

He won't, Frank (HC) is very careful not to divulge any personal information that would let anyone expose even more of his lies.
He has been asked many times about his background, education, vocation, etc. and he never answers.
His trail of lies is all we know about him.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
GB1

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by efw
I’d bet serious money that Happy Camper isn’t a Christian and is just a troll (at best) or perhaps even a bot.

He's not a bot.
He's way too stupid to be a bot.

And I think a bot has more self respect.

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper

You speak truth.

Jesus is the Truth.

Those who reject the Word of God, no matter how much evidence has been provided them, are unconvincable.
Would another year worth of truth convince them?...I doubt it.
I think that they made it clear that their purpose in life is to lead people away from the truth. NV, Cantaloupe Snipper, etc.

Did you ever stop and think that maybe your job is to stop shoving the word of god down peoples throats and start showing them gods word. being you're particularly obtuse I'll give you a hint, showing them gods word is not opening the bible and showing them the pages.

So when you guys tag team like the hooded pro wrestlers against my kindhearted Sunday sermons, you want me to smile and keep my mouth shut while you run off every decent believer and unbeliever.
I'm going to take a wild guess that the thieves at the Stop & Rob convenience store hope to find unarmed passive victims to make their tasks easier. Satan didn't like Jesus armed with the Words of God from the O.T. either.

I'm seeing a pretty large tag team here Frank. At what point do you realize that when you go about your day and all you encounter are azzholes, maybe the real azzhole is you?

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Nobody is being forced to read or participate. Those who do can provide their own arguments in the expectation that their claims will be questioned.

Religious claims are problematic because they are faith based. Faith based beliefs, by definition, cannot be tested objectively.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by NVhntr
Could you be so kind as to provide the name and street address of your church. I want to sneak in and take a listen. I promise not to do anything disruptive. I'll just listen. You may have something I need and you just may not be able to articulate it here.

He won't, Frank (HC) is very careful not to divulge any personal information that would let anyone expose even more of his lies.
He has been asked many times about his background, education, vocation, etc. and he never answers.
His trail of lies is all we know about him.

Now I am getting curious. Who is he?

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Tyrone
I'd still like to know, evolutionarily speaking, which came first the chicken or the egg? Or more precisely, an egg laying species or it's egg? How did it bridge the reproduction gap?

The egg is just part of the lifecycle of a chicken. Eggs of various forms have been around for over 300 million years. Chicken ancestors developed about 50,000 to 60,000 years ago, and the domestic chicken about 8,000 years ago. I don't think the bible mentions any of that for some reason.

Eggs are part of sexual reproduction - even us placental mammals use the egg system. It has been successful under the natural selection process for a long time now.

Obviously I don't know the answer myself and haven't looked to research the topic so can't really help except to say that the starting point happened way before the chicken ever existed at all.
It's not about "chickens" per se. The question is "How does an organism (or a plant for that matter) go from, say, asexual budding or some other form of reproduction to laying eggs or dropping seeds? Would a bird be a bird if it reproduced by budding?

Politics is War by Other Means
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
I'd still like to know, evolutionarily speaking, which came first the chicken or the egg? Or more precisely, an egg laying species or it's egg? How did it bridge the reproduction gap?

The egg is just part of the lifecycle of a chicken. Eggs of various forms have been around for over 300 million years. Chicken ancestors developed about 50,000 to 60,000 years ago, and the domestic chicken about 8,000 years ago. I don't think the bible mentions any of that for some reason.

Eggs are part of sexual reproduction - even us placental mammals use the egg system. It has been successful under the natural selection process for a long time now.

Obviously I don't know the answer myself and haven't looked to research the topic so can't really help except to say that the starting point happened way before the chicken ever existed at all.
It's not about "chickens" per se. The question is "How does an organism (or a plant for that matter) go from, say, asexual budding or some other form of reproduction to laying eggs or dropping seeds? Would a bird be a bird if it reproduced by budding?

If you are really interested in the question, and not just trying to suggest "We don't know, therefore God", here's an interesting article on the subject:

https://www.science.org.au/curious/earth-environment/which-came-first-chicken-or-egg

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
I always get a charge out of non believers accusing believers of shoving the truths of the Bible down their throats. The easiest way to avoid that is o close your mouth and open your ears and your hearts.

Jesus Christ is a well known historical fact being recorded in even secular encyclopedia if anyone cares to read something written on paper any more.

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If you are really interested in the question, and not just trying to suggest "We don't know, therefore God", here's an interesting article on the subject:

https://www.science.org.au/curious/earth-environment/which-came-first-chicken-or-egg
That is an interesting article. It does explain that eggs came first. But it doesn't explain the bridge between asexual reproduction and sexual reproduction, namely, eggs and seeds.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by the_shootist
I always get a charge out of non believers accusing believers of shoving the truths of the Bible down their throats. The easiest way to avoid that is o close your mouth and open your ears and your hearts.

Jesus Christ is a well known historical fact being recorded in even secular encyclopedia if anyone cares to read something written on paper any more.

What about Believers who don't want to hear folks like HC spewing their bullschitt?

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
IC B3

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by the_shootist

What does it say about Jesus in the encyclopedia?

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M

That is an interesting article. It does explain that eggs came first. But it doesn't explain the bridge between asexual reproduction and sexual reproduction, namely, eggs and seeds.

The evolutionary diversion leading to plants and animals happened a long time ago. There is no subsequent link between the two - natural selection favored those changes that provided a survival benefit given the environmental circumstances. You can look to compare similarities or differences between the two but there is no link between them, apart from a common source a long time ago.

Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
To me, if Jesus is reduced to just a ticket to Heaven, or to just a forgiver of sins, we’re missin’ out on His foremost appeal for our lives, and for the opportunity to be accompanied through this life by Him.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

The evolutionary diversion leading to plants and animals happened a long time ago. There is no subsequent link between the two - natural selection favored those changes that provided a survival benefit given the environmental circumstances. You can look to compare similarities or differences between the two but there is no link between them, apart from a common source a long time ago.

You misunderstand again.
How did plants "evolve" from asexual reproduction to seeding? Species at the time of said change is irrelevant.
How did animals "evolve" from asexual reproduction to sexual reproduction via eggs? Species at the time of said change is irrelevant.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A

True. But that's a different question that you would expect to find addressed in a different article.

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 01/10/22.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by DBT
Nobody is being forced to read or participate. Those who do can provide their own arguments in the expectation that their claims will be questioned.

Religious claims are problematic because they are faith based. Faith based beliefs, by definition, cannot be tested objectively.

The atheist belief that the universe was created from nothing(ex nihilo) is a faith based claim.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O

True. But that's a different question that you would expect to find addressed in a different article.

There is no article that explains abiogenesis as believed in by materialists. Such an article does not exist because science is clueless as too how true abiogenesis can happen in a materialist narrative.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O

That is what people with half a brain do. The internet is not a world of friends.

Last edited by OldHat; 01/10/22.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
The atheist belief that the universe was created from nothing(ex nihilo) is a faith based claim.

You obviously haven't read this thread as this has already been addressed several times. The non religious participants here have made no such claim about the origin of the universe. We have consistently said that we don't know how it originally came to be. Neither do you. But you are the ones claiming to KNOW how it started despite having no evidence to support that claim.

Last edited by Willto; 01/10/22.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Jesus last words on the subject at hand: Revelation 22:12 "and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his WORK shall be." 14 "Blessed are they that do his COMMANDMENTS, that they have the right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city (eternal life)".

"straight is the gate, and narrow is the way which leadeth unto life and FEW there be that find it"

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Page 24 of 45 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 44 45

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

608 members (007FJ, 10ring1, 160user, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 56 invisible), 2,733 guests, and 1,241 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,572
Posts18,453,856
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.