Print Thread
Hop To
W
win7stw Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
W
My parents want to take my family on an Alaskan cruise for their 50th anniversary. We will be sailing out of Seattle on August 5th. Our ports will be Juneau, Skagway, Sitka, and Victoria, BC. I’d love to take my 8 and 6 year old boys fishing at one of the ports. All of the fishing trips through Royal Caribbean are booked already. Anybody have advice on which port would be the best for fishing that time of year. Also charter recommendations would be appreciated. Any other must do’s in the short time we are there?

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Juneau and Sitka are the best of those listed.
I recommend "The local guy" and Moore Charters in Juneau. Sitka I don't know as much about.

W
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by 907brass
Juneau and Sitka are the best of those listed.
I recommend "The local guy" and Moore Charters in Juneau. Sitka I don't know as much about.

Thanks for the info. I will check them out

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
My son and I went with King Charters in Sitka this past July. We had a great time, but I don't know if they do day trips.

H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
The place I fished out of Pelican always had a few boats out of Sitka fishing. We caught and so did they but they had a.2 hour run to get there.

IC B2

W
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by Just a Hunter
My son and I went with King Charters in Sitka this past July. We had a great time, but I don't know if they do day trips.

These guys?

https://www.kingfishercharters.co/

W
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by Hogwild7
The place I fished out of Pelican always had a few boats out of Sitka fishing. We caught and so did they but they had a.2 hour run to get there.

Do you have a name of the charter?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
IMO a 6 and 8 year old will be problematic on an ordinary charter...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
+1 on Moores Charters in Juneau. My wife, 11, 13 y.o. daughters and I fished with them in 2017. They did an excellent job, worked hard, put us on fish and showed us a lot of other neat stuff.

If Captain Mark and First Mate Andrew are still there I would highly recommend them. They were great with my kids. We limited on halibut and caught a bunch of rockfish.

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Will you have a way to deal with your catch? I don't know if you can bring them on the cruise ship. If they ship it, will somebody be home to stick them in the freezer?

IC B3

W
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by 17Hunter
+1 on Moores Charters in Juneau. My wife, 11, 13 y.o. daughters and I fished with them in 2017. They did an excellent job, worked hard, put us on fish and showed us a lot of other neat stuff.

If Captain Mark and First Mate Andrew are still there I would highly recommend them. They were great with my kids. We limited on halibut and caught a bunch of rockfish.

Thanks for the advice. I will look at them too

W
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by UPhiker
Will you have a way to deal with your catch? I don't know if you can bring them on the cruise ship. If they ship it, will somebody be home to stick them in the freezer?

I would have it shipped home and yes there would be someone there to freeze it

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Sitka deer

Yes and no. Depends totally on the kids and the parents. Ive had em better than adults and adults worse than kids. If you ignore your kid and think I'm babysitting on the charter the charter comes back in.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Supposedly I'm going in June for our 25th anniversary.

But the last 2 scheduled have been canceled so who knows

I have 2 things scheduled that aren't affiliated with the cruise, neither are fishing though

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Originally Posted by win7stw
My parents want to take my family on an Alaskan cruise for their 50th anniversary. We will be sailing out of Seattle on August 5th. Our ports will be Juneau, Skagway, Sitka, and Victoria, BC. I’d love to take my 8 and 6 year old boys fishing at one of the ports. All of the fishing trips through Royal Caribbean are booked already. Anybody have advice on which port would be the best for fishing that time of year. Also charter recommendations would be appreciated. Any other must do’s in the short time we are there?

Sitka will have the best fishing. Juneau will be ok - silvers will be starting to show and halibut is ok. Don't even think about Skagway.

Last summer in Juneau was pretty sweet w/o any cruise ship tourists. Sleeza Murkycow is working pretty hard to get CDC assurances that the cruise ships will sail this summer.

https://www.kinyradio.com/news/news...r-on-cruise-ship-conditional-sail-order/

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by Sitka deer

Yes and no. Depends totally on the kids and the parents. Ive had em better than adults and adults worse than kids. If you ignore your kid and think I'm babysitting on the charter the charter comes back in.

Big difference between halibut charters on salt and salmon in rivers. Just the lead will ruin a kid's day in a lot of cases.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

454 members (007FJ, 01Foreman400, 12344mag, 163bc, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 47 invisible), 2,096 guests, and 1,039 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,721
Posts18,457,249
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.