Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by Jason280
Originally Posted by jackmountain
$750 and they risk their reputation being trashed on the web? I’ve ate $10k to cover employees mistakes, lost $10k to [bleep] bag customers going bankrupt too. Cost of doing business. I’d thought hard about sending an ‘06 for reboreing to 9.3x62. That ain’t happening now.

I just can't agree with this comment.

I have no hesitations about sending him another rifle. In fact, I will almost certainly be sending him another 700 and a NEF Handi Rifle to rebore in the next couple of weeks. Forcing him to rebarrel the rifle seems a little excessive to me, especially considering what I got out of the deal. I ended up with a rifle I will have no trouble selling (for more than I could before) or trading, all at no cost to myself. It would be one thing if I had waited on this rifle for 6+ months, but it took less than 3-4 weeks.

Stop making sense. Just fuggin STOP IT!

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

BP-B6

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I remember the JES 35 Whelen fiasco. That was all it took for me to write JES off for good.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
I remember the JES 35 Whelen fiasco. That was all it took for me to write JES off for good.

I'm not going to make a divorce joke smile ... but really, what company hasn't had a fiasco? Remington made a business model out of them. Kimber and CZ literally have "pre-flight lists" on brand new rifles. Winchester has had multiple safety and firing pin recalls. Bergara had the exploding shroud thing. Sh*t happens. If you go with the overall trend, JES turns out a good product, but it's clearly not a perfect operation. (Because no one's operation is perfect.)

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I had a similar deal as the OP. I had a P64 300 that I bought knowing it was rechambered to 300 Wby. Well, nothing I did could make that rifle shoot. Tried every darned load and bullet and powder within reason and it just never was decent. At the end of the last range day I said to heck with it and ordered a Krieger. Well, then I thought about it, said maybe JES can do something 375 with it. Sent it to him in order to make it into a 375 Wby. Well, a couple weeks later he sent it back with a couple pieces of brass and a note that said it wouldn’t clean up as a 375 Wby so he made it a 375 Improved. I was sorta dismayed as getting dies for it wasn’t easy. A set of 375 Imp dies didn’t work for the fired cases so at the end of the day, I sent a few fired cases to Whidden, and he made me up some dies.

The rifle shoots amazing and he did a great rebore, but a phone call would’ve been nice just to know what he couldn’t do. It turned out fine and I wasn’t pissed about it since it does shoot quite well with any darned bullet I put through it. He also left it up stamped with his Normal XXX deal so I could have it milled and stamped nicely.

In the end, the dies cost more than the rebore, but now it’s one of my favorite bigger bored rifles. And it still looks good. I did put it into a Legend I liked it so much.

Semper Fi
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Judman
I’ve a mint 88’ from the Ol lady’s granddaddy, 308, having a real hard time not havin er converted santiam style.. damn

Go for it. wink

IC B2

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Stuff happens- I'd pull it, sell it and send the action to Pac-Nor, Douglas or McGowen. For around $600 out the door with a custom barrel to your specifications minus the profit selling the rebored barrel. Personally, I could live with that. That said, I wish IT&D was still in business as I would have sent my barreled action there before it went to JES in the first place.

Semper Fi

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by 260Remguy

I have 4 22" and 4 20" matte finished new take-off 243 barrels

I’m interested in one of the shorter ones if you’re looking to re-home them. Tried to PM you so as not to derail the thread but your inbox is full. Username at gmail works if you can’t send PMs from your end either

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
733 members (12344mag, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 007FJ, 1234, 74 invisible), 2,964 guests, and 1,230 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,764
Posts18,401,436
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.