Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
I have everybody beat on pawn shop scores . About 15 years ago my wife and I were in Springfield at a pawn shop and Holy [bleep] !!! 2 Buenos Aires police turn in P-35 High Powers were in the case . 10 minutes later and $ 400.00 dollars less in my pocket , both those bastards rode home with me .

BP-B2

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
We've bought a few things reasonable, to cheap at pawn shops, but it's been a long time .

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Who da think a pawn shop was in business to negotiate maximum profit margins selling used stuff?...

Decades of voting for the lesser of two evils has gotten us just that.....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Everything is fake with this show. This whole "bit" is prolly just something to stir the pot.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Actually never had the desire to frequent pawn shops. Been in a few. Just no interest

I walked past one in Shepparton Vic some twenty-five years ago, I have not seen another as they aren't an Australian thing.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I burst out laughing at the schidt they cook up on that Cajun Pawn stars show!! Thank God for the innanet and comic books! How else would they have become such authorities.

Loved the way they all schidt themselves over an average 03-A3 Spgfld in one episode. As well as a REPRODUCTION Pedersoli MLE 1777 musket!!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Yep. It’s even worse than Pawn Stars. And the family that owns it is dumber too. If that even possible.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Actually never had the desire to frequent pawn shops. Been in a few. Just no interest

I walked past one in Shepparton Vic some twenty-five years ago, I have not seen another as they aren't an Australian thing.

Interesting. That never occurred to me. In the US, they function like a bank loan office, except the collateral you put up to back your loan is personal chattels. If you don't pay back the loan, the broker keeps the chattels and sells them to make up for what you owed. So they become expert at figuring out how much they could sell things for in order to determine how much of a loan they can afford to give.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
I burst out laughing at the schidt they cook up on that Cajun Pawn stars show!! Thank God for the innanet and comic books! How else would they have become such authorities.

Loved the way they all schidt themselves over an average 03-A3 Spgfld in one episode. As well as a REPRODUCTION Pedersoli MLE 1777 musket!!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Yep. It’s even worse than Pawn Stars. And the family that owns it is dumber too. If that even possible.

How were they Cajuns? That was in Alexandria, waaaaay north of I-10. Rednecks maybe.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
It's a pawn shop, albeit a higher end one.
Pawn shops are about a notch below used car sellers and tattoo parlors.

They are only about three notches above politicians.

And about 10 notches above delusional, self appointed, hate filled, pathological lying preachers.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
Someone with $100 took advantage of someone that needed $100?

That’s wild.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My Dad actually visited Pawn Stars in Vegas, but he did it early in the morning like most militaries tend to prefer. No "celebs" around, not much of a crowd, but lots of T-shi rts for sale. Still enjoyed the program, though.
I've gotten some pretty good deals at pawnshops, but it does require a little "shopping." However, I've got two excellent commercial Mausers that were 250 out the door each, a little mungy on the outside, but I got them out of the stock and no pitting, so I was happy to throw down and yay for me.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MJones
I have everybody beat on pawn shop scores . About 15 years ago my wife and I were in Springfield at a pawn shop and Holy [bleep] !!! 2 Buenos Aires police turn in P-35 High Powers were in the case . 10 minutes later and $ 400.00 dollars less in my pocket , both those bastards rode home with me .

Major score right there!!!!!!

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by MJones

Springfield ? Mo ? Which shop ?

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Heeler
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Originally Posted by ldholton
Lately been watching some of pawn shop shows , Cajun Pawn Stars or something like that based in Louisiana I like to show cuz there's a lot of historical stuff. And then there's I think it's called Hardcore Pawn based in Detroit. All the fighting and screaming and yelling and it's always the groins causing issues.

PawnXXX is good also.

Cute chicks always done on their luck……….

😂😂😂😂

Sometimes Mom too.

Think they get intell from the mall security guy on Xnxx??

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
I’ve made a few dollars trading guns from pawn shops hasn’t been long ago aI bought a 788 308 for $175 right place right time I cruise them often

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
We never get anything good at the pawn shops or the used racks.

Just like trying to find something cool at Goodwill these days. Straight to fleabay!

Ahhhh .

Look at the little knick knack porcelin figurine thingys.

I have scored some 1840 english up to early 1950,s Occupied japan porcelin peices at goodwill.
Your average doofus looking at that stuff aint got a clue .
Your average good will worker aint got a clue either putting stuff out or sorting it in the back

Khans china cabinet has a couple of 350 to 500 dolla figurines. That I have found over the years at goodwills.

I go in em once or twice a year.
Looking for 2xl or 3xl heavy cotton white t shirts to cut up for gun cleaning patches.
Always look for the tag color of the day
1/2 price👍👍👍
Then go hit the knick knick figurine aisle.
Smart phone and google fu on the
J
O
B

Khan thinks they were exspensive gifts.
Which they woulda been in a antique shop.

.99 to 3.99 on the shelf.....

Sure as fugg ain't gonna educate the goodwillites...
🥴🥴🥴🤣🤣🤣

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Only an idiot in their right mind has to loose at a pawn shop, gun shop or gun show. Though well deserved when successful...

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by NVhntr
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
It's a pawn shop, albeit a higher end one.
Pawn shops are about a notch below used car sellers and tattoo parlors.

They are only about three notches above politicians.

And about 10 notches above delusional, self appointed, hate filled, pathological lying preachers.

You talking to me again?

You bet I'm filled to the top and running over with hate for the Drag Queen Story Hour pot bellied pedos.
I'll take every one of your insults as a compliment considering your views on that Jack. Here's your views on the Drag Queen Story Hour in CONTEXT

[NV said 7-19-21

"My thoughts are that a deranged, sexually frustrated, Christian zealot, with a martyr complex, who must constantly set up his soap box in the public square to tell everyone that disagrees with his parochial version of religion that they are going to hell, is a dunce. (How's that for a run on sentence?)
Crappy Hamper came here looking for attention and I'm more than happy to oblige him. He might not like the attention he gets though.
What happens between consenting adults in private is none of my business.
If you don't like what your children are learning at their school, take them out and put them in a school that teaches what you agree with."
]

I say
Call me whatever you and the fairies you defend want to label me.
Flaming pedos should never be in any schools, libraries or near children!

Now tell us what about you makes you call yourself "Christian"???

Last edited by Happy_Camper; 01/10/22.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Been to the Gold & Silver Pawn Shop twice. Met Rick once. He was actually a pretty nice dude. He has a BBQ joint next door that is pretty descent.

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
472 members (160user, 17CalFan, 222Sako, 007FJ, 1lesfox, 1lessdog, 40 invisible), 2,470 guests, and 1,074 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,733
Posts18,400,955
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.