Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
The CTR .223 mags are 2.55”... like Stick said I’ve seen fellas run MDTs in the CTR DBM.

I’ve used the 75/80 gr AMaxes and ELDs interchangeably with no issues and they behave close enough to each other to not fret on performance...

Last edited by joshf303; 12/25/21.
BP-B2

leomort Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Thanks for the info, josh!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Did BSA' just try to flaunt some Imaginary Pretend Ignore...the "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

If only to come full circle and revisit DBM's. Teeker as a whole REALLY fhuqks it up,as most of their schit is well beyond being "just" schitty. That in regards to design,capacity,COAL,materials and relative robustitude. Long way of saying,there is NOTHING to swoon there,from ANY angle. Hint.

On a "regular" Teeker 223,the AICS DBM Swapaloo is a MANDATE. The OEM Dog Schit is fhuqking HORRIBLE +P++. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Now the CTR DBM is a beam of light,in that sheer and utter darkness. It's made of REAL materials,has a vastly superior design and grants wayyyyyyyyyyy more COAL in 223. It is double stacked to boot,so a lesser profile,simply grants more rounds in the belly. Every CTR 223 mag,holds what (2) CZ mags do in capacity,while allowing COAL that melds it's 8" RPM and twist rate. I would submit that a CTR 223 with (1) extra mag,simply equates to a CZ with (3) extras and is therefore a very GOOD buy to boot,on top of the mechanical superiority. Eurpotic has 223 CTR mags at $99 and I simply wouldn't fhuqking linger. Win/win/win. Hint.

The 75 A-Max is simply fhuqking LEGENDARY,for nothing but GREAT reasons. The 75 ELD is simply ALL of that and then some,as it's aero profile is superior. Again...win/win/win. Hint.

Soooooooooo RELAX...you are there. Score some Lapooey brass,400's,75 ELD's and Lever',so you can kiss,find pressure and rock on. It was all handed to you on a Silver Platter,with NO weak links in the chain and that by intent. Hint......................(grin)

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Did BSA' just try to flaunt some Imaginary Pretend Ignore...the "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

If only to come full circle and revisit DBM's. Teeker as a whole REALLY fhuqks it up,as most of their schit is well beyond being "just" schitty. That in regards to design,capacity,COAL,materials and relative robustitude. Long way of saying,there is NOTHING to swoon there,from ANY angle. Hint.

On a "regular" Teeker 223,the AICS DBM Swapaloo is a MANDATE. The OEM Dog Schit is fhuqking HORRIBLE +P++. Hint.

Now the CTR DBM is a beam of light,in that sheer and utter darkness. It's made of REAL materials,has a vastly superior design and grants wayyyyyyyyyyy more COAL in 223. It is double stacked to boot,so a lesser profile,simply grants more rounds in the belly. Every CTR 223 mag,holds what (2) CZ mags do in capacity,while allowing COAL that melds it's 8" RPM and twist rate. I would submit that a CTR 223 with (1) extra mag,simply equates to a CZ with (3) extras and is therefore a very GOOD buy to boot,on top of the mechanical superiority. Eurpotic has 223 CTR mags at $99 and I simply wouldn't fhuqking linger. Win/win/win. Hint.

The 75 A-Max is simply fhuqking LEGENDARY,for nothing but GREAT reasons. The 75 ELD is simply ALL of that and then some,as it's aero profile is superior. Again...win/win/win. Hint.

Soooooooooo RELAX...you are there. Score some Lapooey brass,400's,75 ELD's and Lever',so you can kiss,find pressure and rock on. It was all handed to you on a Silver Platter,with NO weak links in the chain and that by intent. Hint......................(grin)

The CTR is a great option. Love the mags. Absolutely no "constraints", even in the bigger rifles.. The 223 rem CTR mags are great. No need to go AICS. You make some good points. Even on bullet selection. Although, the 77TMK is exceptional in its own right. even as compared to the 75 ELD..
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
I've been running CTR's for a while now and Tikka has their chidt together with this platform.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by Big Stick

The CTR is a great option. Love the mags. Absolutely no "constraints", even in the bigger rifles.. The 223 rem CTR mags are great. No need to go AICS. You make some good points. Even on bullet selection. Although, the 77TMK is exceptional in its own right. even as compared to the 75 ELD..
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
I've been running CTR's for a while now and Tikka has their chidt together with this platform.

Nice rifles!

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Hey Stick,
How many matches have you won or even placed in the top 10% in with that SWFA?

Not a fuggin one! hint!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Not sure where you are in MD. but the club I belong to in South Central, PA has weekly " $5.00 fun matches" groundhog shoots every Tuesday, and a serious $15.00 match one Sat a month from April to October. They have a factory sporter class, a factory varmint class, as well as two custom classes. Tikka's are usually top of the heap, but the Savages can win as well. I've won quite a few with a superlite in .223 myself.

These are score matches @ 1,2 and 300yds in factory classes. Ammo is single fed into the chamber, so mag length is irrelevant . I use a bobsled inserted in my tikka mags to make single feeding a breeze. There are quite a few clubs scattered throughtout the state that have their own matches that vary a bit.

Here's a link to the club i shot at...
http://stthomassportsmen.com/groundhog.php

Last edited by grovey; 12/31/21.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hey Stick,

Not Stick, but I’ve taken several top-5 and top-3 finishes in national and local PRS-style matches with a SWFA 10x. Not because it’s an ideal scope for the application, and I certainly have more appropriate scopes, but to prove that you don’t have to spend thousands on a scope to get into the sport and be competitive. The SWFAs perform very well the core functions that a scope needs to perform.

leomort Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by grovey
Not sure where you are in MD. but the club I belong to in South Central, PA has weekly " $5.00 fun matches" groundhog shoots every Tuesday, and a serious $15.00 match one Sat a month from April to October. They have a factory sporter class, a factory varmint class, as well as two custom classes. Tikka's are usually top of the heap, but the Savages can win as well. I've won quite a few with a superlite in .223 myself.

These are score matches @ 1,2 and 300yds in factory classes. Ammo is single fed into the chamber, so mag length is irrelevant . I use a bobsled inserted in my tikka mags to make single feeding a breeze. There are quite a few clubs scattered throughtout the state that have their own matches that vary a bit.

Here's a link to the club i shot at...
http://stthomassportsmen.com/groundhog.php

Thank you for heads up, grovey! I'm in the Germantown/Gaithersburg, MD area! I will check your club's website

leomort Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
Hey Stick,

Not Stick, but I’ve taken several top-5 and top-3 finishes in national and local PRS-style matches with a SWFA 10x. Not because it’s an ideal scope for the application, and I certainly have more appropriate scopes, but to prove that you don’t have to spend thousands on a scope to get into the sport and be competitive. The SWFAs perform very well the core functions that a scope needs to perform.

Thank you for the feedback on the SWFA 10x scope, Jordan! I will be getting one of them for my 22lr CZ 452!

IC B3

leomort Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
BTW, I did pick up my left handed Tikka T3X CTR 223rem rifle yesterday at my local gunshop. Already removed the 0moa rail and put on the mountain tactical 30moa rail. Also removed the spacers in the stock to shorten LOP for my me. Just need to put on the mountain tactical arca rail with sling stud.

I assume that the T3x ctr has long enough throat for those long hornady 75gr eld-m?

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by leomort
BTW, I did pick up my left handed Tikka T3X CTR 223rem rifle yesterday at my local gunshop. Already removed the 0moa rail and put on the mountain tactical 30moa rail. Also removed the spacers in the stock to shorten LOP for my me. Just need to put on the mountain tactical arca rail with sling stud.

I assume that the T3x ctr has long enough throat for those long hornady 75gr eld-m?

Yeap...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

If your serious about shooting in competition you won't win anything shooting Hornady bullets.

leomort Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
@ josh, thank you for feedback!

@grovery, what bullets for 223rem would you recommend? Thanks!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by grovey

If your serious about shooting in competition you won't win anything shooting Hornady bullets.

It depends on the discipline, I’m sure, but my experience has been otherwise.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've shot some small groups with the 75gr eld's, but couldn't get repeatable results after shooting 5-600 of them. To be capable of winning the type of factory class BR score matches I shot, it requires a repeatable 1/4" load. All the stars need to align as far as the shooter,gun, load, rest to do it, but the Tikka's are capable. The most accurate .22 bullet I've shot is the 73 gr Berger. I won enough to pizz people off using it.

Alot of older gents in the matches i mentioned shoot the old 77 gr match king, but I've seen the 77gr tipped match king and the Berger 80.5 full bore in the right hands win as well. I've tinkered with the 80.5 some, but haven't found the magic combo in my hvy bbl Tikka yet. Good luck.

leomort Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Anyone have source of where they get their CTR mags?

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I haven’t tried but it apparently isn’t hard to get the plastic MDT mags to work

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Anyone have source of where they get their CTR mags?

EuroOptics

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Got the CTR, put a Athlon 4-20 on top with TPS rings.

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

Figured I’d try the load my brother and I have been using for our gas guns, 26.0 LVR, CCI450’s, range pick up brass and the 77 TMK.

First five

Then I shot 10 on another bull

I gotta say it, I like it. The mags are excellent, the Athlon ain’t half bad and the rifle is quite handy for what I’ll be doing with it.

I also put the Magnetospeed on to record some speeds. Just five of my brothers and 5 of mine. He actually used 25.5 and me 26. His spread was a hair tighter and a bit faster than mine. Maybe the different lots were using. Who knows but it works nice enough I’m not messing with my Dillon.

Last edited by beretzs; 01/10/22.

Semper Fi
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
116 members (10Glocks, 338reddog, 32_20fan, 01Foreman400, 10gaugeman, 257robertsimp, 8 invisible), 1,444 guests, and 731 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,589
Posts18,397,889
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.