Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Fotis Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Okay guys this may sound silly but I have a dilemma. I have two huge safes in my house and they are full to capacity plus. It's gotten so bad I have to spend 5 minutes empting out my reloading man cave before I can get enough space to reload again. How do you guys with a lot of rifles store them? Any help would be appreciated.

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I solved that by not keeping anything that isn't used. I'm down to 5 centerfires with the intention of getting to 3-4.

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Do you have room to build a walk-in safe? That’s my next move. Good luck! Tom

W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
5 centerfires would only cover part of my .22 centerfire rifles and that is not near enough for the things I do..

Molon Labe
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by WyoCoyoteHunter
5 centerfires would only cover part of my .22 centerfire rifles and that is not near enough for the things I do..

And yet your Dad and your Grandfather probably owned one or two centerfires at the most. What a spoiled, materialistic day we live in

IC B2

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Buy another gun safe.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
Buy another gun safe.

X2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by moosemike

And yet your Dad and your Grandfather probably owned one or two centerfires at the most. What a spoiled, materialistic day we live in

Mike,
I hardly see how having achieved bounty is a negative. Neither of my grandfathers even owned a centerfire rifle. A 16 gauge and a .22LR did the trick in NC back in the day. My Dad had just one (win M-70 30-06, Weaver K3) until he caught a mild case of Rifle Loony from me later in life and then accumulated maybe 10-12. But the times to which you refer are generally acknowledged as having been "tough." As long as we are conscious and appreciative of how they are now much easier, that's not a bad thing, IMO. And if the reason they are much easier is through our own hard work and success, all the more so - The American Dream, in fact.
I want to tell Fotis, the OP, "I'd like to have a problem like that", except for the fact that I actually DO have a problem like that. And being in the same boat, have little helpful advice to provide. I'm out of safe space, and out of space to put another safe, and my loading room gets treated the same as his!

Now, realistically, thinking back over 35 years of hunting (Western USA only...so far!) I can't think of a critter I killed that I couldn't have killed with Dad's old 30-06.
But that's not why Fotis started this thread I reckon...LOL...I better shut up.

Cheers,
Rex

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

If you have disposable income, you need something to dispose it on and good quality firearms tend to retain their value.

There is always the question of whether something is wanted or needed.

I could get by with a dozen or so firearms of all types, but choose to have more than a dozen or so because I have enough disposable income to buy the material things that I want without depriving my family of anything that they need. When my oldest wanted to buy a new car, we sat down and ran the numbers to see if buying or leasing was the better choice. When she saw how much that new car would cost to buy or lease, maintain, and insure, she decided that driving her paid for 2008 Ford Escape Limited with 98K on the clock would be a better choice for her over the next 3 to 4 years.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Teeder
I solved that by not keeping anything that isn't used. I'm down to 5 centerfires with the intention of getting to 3-4.

Yeah I have tried that once or twice smile

If you need more then 2 safes then think about building a safe room.

IC B3

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
i ran into a similar situation and i installed rifle rods and that allowed a decent amount of room opened up in the safe.
Big Ed

"Only accurate rifles are interesting"
Col. Townsend Whelen
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TRexF16

Mike,
I hardly see how having achieved bounty is a negative. Neither of my grandfathers even owned a centerfire rifle. A 16 gauge and a .22LR did the trick in NC back in the day. My Dad had just one (win M-70 30-06, Weaver K3) until he caught a mild case of Rifle Loony from me later in life and then accumulated maybe 10-12. But the times to which you refer are generally acknowledged as having been "tough." As long as we are conscious and appreciative of how they are now much easier, that's not a bad thing, IMO. And if the reason they are much easier is through our own hard work and success, all the more so - The American Dream, in fact.
I want to tell Fotis, the OP, "I'd like to have a problem like that", except for the fact that I actually DO have a problem like that. And being in the same boat, have little helpful advice to provide. I'm out of safe space, and out of space to put another safe, and my loading room gets treated the same as his!

Now, realistically, thinking back over 35 years of hunting (Western USA only...so far!) I can't think of a critter I killed that I couldn't have killed with Dad's old 30-06.
But that's not why Fotis started this thread I reckon...LOL...I better shut up.

Cheers,
Rex

These are easier times. For now

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by whitearrow
i ran into a similar situation and i installed rifle rods and that allowed a decent amount of room opened up in the safe.
Big Ed

+1

B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B

They say everything happens for a reason.
For me that reason is usually because I've made some bad decisions that I need to pay for.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I'll give you a hand Fotis. Let me know what your overflow is and I'll let you know which ones to send to me for "storage"....grin....

Fotis Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Buy another gun safe.

Nowhere to put it

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E

Conduct is the best proof of character.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Yep. Dad and granddad both got it done for a lifetime with one centerfire rifle, one shotgun and a .22. My life long hunting partner doesn't have much more than that { only two centerfire rifles} and he is a hunting machine, just not a gun nut. Says he prefers to put his money elsewhere and I'm damn glad of it because a big part of the "elsewhere" is a hunting camp with 160 acres which I have been fortunate enough to enjoy hunting on/out of very much.

V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
Originally Posted by Teeder

Yep....good plan in theory but I have tried many times with limited success 😁.....Hb

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Fotis
Buy another gun safe.

Nowhere to put it

maybe it's time to build a secret underground bunk...... I mean wine cellar !

waterproof & bury a 20 ft conex in your backyard with acces to it from your cellar

.....[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants".
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

385 members (160user, 1lesfox, 10ring1, 06hunter59, 16penny, 12344mag, 31 invisible), 1,753 guests, and 931 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,178
Posts18,465,565
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.