Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Pugs Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 35

I still have a couple - They were my go to mackerel lure

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Yozuri Minnow

Red head, silver body. Reds and trout will commit suicide for a taste. Medium slow retrieve, they float when static.

Pugs, good idea on the stealthy wading. My absolute favorite way to fish around the mangroves or near the passes.

Second Dan on the YoZuri minnow. They just flat catch fish. You can use the mirrored sided one, also. I've used them at night with good success, also.

Obviously shrimp on popping cork is going to work well. If you want to set a line out while you're working another rod, you could do so with a small to medium-sized pinfish or grunt. That will give you a shot at a bigger fish. If you do that, use a circle hook. The deal you make with the fish is to let them eat it. Don't try to yank the hook out of their mouth.

Capt Hank Brown jigs tipped with shrimp or scented with crab, shrimp or mullet juice, X-Raps, Gulp soft plastics or D.OA. shrimp also work.

Good luck and have fun.

PS- forgot the Mirrordines, but that's been mentioned.

Last edited by local_dirt; 12/31/21.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
F
F
While you can’t beat live shrimp, greenies, or pin fish here are some artificial baits that I would have. Zara Spook for top water and D.O.A. Shad Tail rubber baits with lead jig head of a size to match your water depth. I have my best luck with the gold color . One tip I would suggest is to replace the treble hooks on the Zara Spook with single hooks designed for plugs. Last tip, visit a local tackle shop and ask them. Good luck.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Been wade fishing all my life. My experience is in the Texas coast line. Primarily Galveston bay. The lures that always caught fish still work. For the most part new lures are designed to catch fishermen. Paul Browm made a lure called the Corky. Mirro lure bought him out. That along with the Gulp seems to be the favorites right now. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
Pugs Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Appreciate all the advice folks - Great trip but nothing as far as fishing. Most game fish had moved out to the flats and it was blowing 15+ knots most of the week so the flats were not real wadeable either. Did see something I'd not seen before though. A school of 100+ identically sized manta rays swimming in a formation around the fishing pier near the house. This is one part of it - pretty cool.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
IC B2

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

606 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 1minute, 1lessdog, 007FJ, 1lesfox, 59 invisible), 2,736 guests, and 1,259 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,365
Posts18,469,052
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.