-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have one neighbor whose blower sounds like a C5 Galaxy powering up. Don't know what it is. Another neighbor has a new Stihl. It's not as loud. I don't think either one of them works well, as it takes them longer to blow whatever it is that they blow, than it does for me to cut, edge and halfass blow (with a quiet electric blower) my entire property. Our lots are all the same size.

Whatever you end up with, from my observations, it will convert you to an idiot, if you aren't one already. I'll go ahead and politely suggest that you stuff the thing up your ass. With all due disrespect of course.

GB1

C
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Gentlemen...

Thank you most kindly. The Campfire is always an amazing resource for advice on various things.

The Billy Goat walk behind or various self propelled models never even occurred to me. Not what I need on this project or property, but I can really see a use for many.

I had heard of RedMax, Echo and Husky, but had no experience. No one recommended the Makita 76cc Four stroke.

Thanks for the intel.

Originally Posted by bamagun01
The Echo PB 9010T is the most powerful blower on the market for now. I run two of them and have one of the Stihl 800 blowers. The Stihl is only a backup. No comparison in the power. The Stihl feels like a hand blower after using the Echo.

That is where I am leaning.

I like Stilh and having matching parts ((?)... air filters and plugs at least) has a small piece of logic.

"No comparison in the power"... I like that... I'll study the Echo some more.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
I worked for a medium sized city street division. We used Echos. Ran 'em 10 hrs a day for 4-6 weeks every year depending on the weather. In 10 yrs, rarely had a problem.

We did not treat them with kid gloves. They got tossed, they got dropped, and they got bounced around in the rack on the truck. I bought one.

The Echo has more power than a Stihl, for $100-ish less.

Last edited by prplbkrr; 01/11/22.

prplbkrr = Purple Biker

Can't score goals if all you do is pass.
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I have had a Stihl BR 600 for years and am more than pleased.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
When I did this commercially, we used RedMax blowers and trimmers... that was many years back. They ran flawlessly and were not treated kindly at all.

That said, I have an Echo line trimmer and blower now and they never bobble...one to two pulls to start even after sitting for months. Both are 15ish years old and haven't had a thing done to em...ever.

This doesn't answer your question on power or cfm, etc but from a reliability perspective, I can recommend Echo and RedMax

Last edited by m1919; 01/11/22.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I love throwing that backpack blower on when it snows.Throw my shovel in the trash too

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
I have one neighbor whose blower sounds like a C5 Galaxy powering up. Don't know what it is. Another neighbor has a new Stihl. It's not as loud. I don't think either one of them works well, as it takes them longer to blow whatever it is that they blow, than it does for me to cut, edge and halfass blow (with a quiet electric blower) my entire property. Our lots are all the same size.

Whatever you end up with, from my observations, it will convert you to an idiot, if you aren't one already. I'll go ahead and politely suggest that you stuff the thing up your ass. With all due disrespect of course.

In my experience, the trick is to not have any neighbors close enough to bother by running a blower/chainsaw/log-splitter, etc.

Now with even more aplomb
C
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by JPro
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

In my experience, the trick is to not have any neighbors close enough to bother by running a blower/chainsaw/log-splitter, etc.

I was kinda thinking the same thing... I don't have a fancy bicycle or Louis Vuitton spandex... but we do have a few acres here and there.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

C
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by m1919
When I did this commercially, we used RedMax blowers and trimmers... that was many years back. They ran flawlessly and were not treated kindly at all.

That said, I have an Echo line trimmer and blower now and they never bobble...one to two pulls to start even after sitting for months. Both are 15ish years old and haven't had a thing done to em...ever.

This doesn't answer your question on power or cfm, etc but from a reliability perspective, I can recommend Echo and RedMax

Thanks

B
Campfire Regular
Online Sad
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Gentlemen...

Thank you most kindly. The Campfire is always an amazing resource for advice on various things.

The Billy Goat walk behind or various self propelled models never even occurred to me. Not what I need on this project or property, but I can really see a use for many.

I had heard of RedMax, Echo and Husky, but had no experience. No one recommended the Makita 76cc Four stroke.

Thanks for the intel.

Originally Posted by bamagun01
The Echo PB 9010T is the most powerful blower on the market for now. I run two of them and have one of the Stihl 800 blowers. The Stihl is only a backup. No comparison in the power. The Stihl feels like a hand blower after using the Echo.

That is where I am leaning.

I like Stilh and having matching parts ((?)... air filters and plugs at least) has a small piece of logic.

"No comparison in the power"... I like that... I'll study the Echo some more.

We use / have all of the Stihl trimmers, edgers, kombi units and blowers. All work but we are changing over to all Echo equipment as soon as warranties run out of the Stihl equipment. We have had zero issues with Echo and already replaced two Stihl trimmer motors and a carburetor on an edger. Our Stihl 800 backpack blower is a “side pull “ that I hate! I prefer the standard pull start on a backpack blower. I don’t have good tricep strength in my left arm so it’s pretty much useless too me. JMO

"If I couldn't laugh I would go insane." JB
IC B3

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
If my Stihl BR 600 ever dies, I will buy one these new turbo nitrous jet engine muthascratchers. Woowee! I found the BR600 would do all I needed, but then again, there’s at least a little Tim the Toolman Taylor in all of us.

Mark

NRA Life Member
Anytime anyone kicks cancers azz is a good day!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
C
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by m_stevenson
If my Stihl BR 600 ever dies, I will buy one these new turbo nitrous jet engine muthascratchers. Woowee! I found the BR600 would do all I needed, but then again, there’s at least a little Tim the Toolman Taylor in all of us.

Copy that...

I'll be pushing huge piles of magnolia pods (enough to fill my dump truck).

I will also use it to cut fire line as need be in WV.

I am honestly looking for a Stihl BR 1200 CE... if Stihl made one.

We all have different needs I reckon.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Tim the tool man leaf blower would be the ticket

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by pullit
Tim the tool man leaf blower would be the ticket

Uh that would be the Binford Model 5000XL Deluxe.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by CashisKing
With this great 2022 pecan fiasco... we have been running a Stihl 800 CE Magnum (or something like that)... borrowed from a friend

Good machine and I know it's the biggest Stihl makes.

Does anyone make a stronger one?

Or a Better one?

Stihl stuff is kinda scare at the moment.

I know it is going to cost $600+... that is fine. I would go to $900 for a better stronger one.

Thanks in advance for any intel.

I have a Stihl that is below that one, and I got a new "nozzle" for the end that channels the air into a flatter, and faster flow. It doesn't race the RPMs, so it doesn't do any harm. It made all the difference in moving around the Sweetgum Tree balls that plague my yard.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
I would go Stihl. I was looking through my Warranty file for something else and noticed the dates on my Stihl owners manuals. The newest was 9 years old and they all get used. I have never done anything with any of the 4 tools but blow the dust out of the air filter. And keep them full of real gas and Stihl oil. They all Start.easily and run till I get tired of running them.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

593 members (06hunter59, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 160user, 12344mag, 007FJ, 57 invisible), 2,878 guests, and 1,309 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,488
Posts18,452,058
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.