Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 16 1 2 3 4 15 16
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Stepped off the Assault treadmill wrong and went ribs into a steel bar...Took a couple days off. laugh

laissez les bons temps rouler
BP-B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by mtwarden
... Still strength training twice a week (squats/bench one day, deadlifts and overhead press on the other), still following Wendler's program- albeit slightly modified.

Always enjoy reading your training/mileage posts. I'll make a suggestion on your strength training. I think it's good to train an upper body "pull" on each of those days in approximately the same angular movement pattern as the push. Example - on the upper body squat/bench day add in a row of some sort. On the DL/OH press day add a pullup or lat pulldown.

I've really simplified much of my strength training over the last decade and try to pair push/pull movements together. I think it really helps with joint integrity and muscle/postural balance...which can help with injury prevention. Alternating the push then pull on sets can help save time as well.

Enjoy retirement!

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
2nd verse, same as the 1st...

I live in the foothills. 6 days a week I hike a 5 mile trail with a 30lb slab of iron on my back and a 10lb rifle in my hands, sans sling. Except when there's ice/crampons or snow/snowshoes, then I sling up.

Back at the trail head if the ground is frozen or dry it's drop and do pushups, then shed the weight and knockout stomach crunches. Otherwise, they can wait until I get back to the shack where I also do pullups.

The objective is always 90 minute hike, ice or snow takes a tad longer. Minimum of 1,000 miles a year.

It's you and the bullet, and all the rest is secondary.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
... Still strength training twice a week (squats/bench one day, deadlifts and overhead press on the other), still following Wendler's program- albeit slightly modified.

Always enjoy reading your training/mileage posts. I'll make a suggestion on your strength training. I think it's good to train an upper body "pull" on each of those days in approximately the same angular movement pattern as the push. Example - on the upper body squat/bench day add in a row of some sort. On the DL/OH press day add a pullup or lat pulldown.

I've really simplified much of my strength training over the last decade and try to pair push/pull movements together. I think it really helps with joint integrity and muscle/postural balance...which can help with injury prevention. Alternating the push then pull on sets can help save time as well.

Enjoy retirement!

thanks smile

On squat/bench day I do three setups of pull-ups and three sets of dips (core as well); deadlift/press day- three sets of lunges and three sets of chin-ups (core too). I've been bumping up my pull/chin-ups slowly the last two months (basically after hunting season) and got my first three sets of 20 pull-ups last week- sets are in-between squats and bench, roughly 7-10 minutes between sets. Probably won't go a ton higher with reps and instead add weight to the pull-ups/chin-ups.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by battue
Stepped off the Assault treadmill wrong and went ribs into a steel bar...Took a couple days off. laugh

Dang, hope you heal up quick man. I guess they don't call it an "assault treadmill" for nothing!!

A wise man is frequently humbled.

IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Thanks,
The power of two Aspirin is amazing...Not for everyone, but it is the equivalent of the potent narcs...

Four or five days out and it is mostly gone...being able to take a deep breath and hold it is the healing guideline.

I mainly use the Assault because it incorporates more balance than a regular treadmill..Mostly walk fast and a light jog. You start sprinting on it and it has shot more than one off the tread.

laissez les bons temps rouler
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Running log update:

Week 2 (Jan 9-15): 12.9

2022 Total: 19.5 / 2 (9.75 / Wk)
Plus a body weight push-ups, air squat workout with some sprints mixed in (Mon) and a kettlebell workout with a lot of shoulder work around the swings and squat presses (Wed) Add in to each of those days a body weight / plyo workout with more push-up variations and lunges.

Last edited by philgood80; 01/15/22.

Government is like a baby: An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other. - Ronald Reagan

For why should my freedom be judged by another man's conscience? - 1 Corinthians 10:29
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
got 10 miles in backcountry skiing yesterday- lots of work, but worth it

don't like to encounter this across the trail (there were three slides within a half mile- guessing just a couple of days old)

[Linked Image from imgur.com]

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
5 mike hike around the neighborhood.

Experience is what you get, when you don't get what you want!
H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
Weighted pack hiking up an incline. Sit ups and lots of stretching. Finishing concrete at work gives me a good upper body work out haha.

IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Another 5 miler around the neighborhood.

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Another 5 miler around the neighborhood. I love days off and long weekends so I can do what I want!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Hitting the Echelon bike hard after 1/1.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Bowflex had the C6 on sale. I upgraded my loud spin bike for my indoor Winter workouts.

https://www.bowflex.com/bikes/c6/10...ct&utm_medium=affiliate&clickid=

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
4min warm up on the treadmill .5 incline at 8mph

Kettle bell shoulders presses
Pull-ups
Bench press
Push-ups

20mins on the stairmaster (10mins at level 10, 10 mins of 1 minute on/off intervals up to level 14).

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
4min warm up on the treadmill .5 incline, 8mph

Barbell squats
Kettlebell squats
Dead lift

Intervals on the stationary bike for 30mins. 1min on/off

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
got 10 miles in backcountry skiing yesterday- lots of work, but worth it

don't like to encounter this across the trail (there were three slides within a half mile- guessing just a couple of days old)

2 weeks post covid again. 3.5 miles snow shoes. Static stretching. 30 min sauna.
Tomorrow upper body

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Run log update

Week 3 (Jan 16-22): 10.0

2022 Total: 29.5 / 3 ( 9.83 / Wk)

Plus a Kettlebell workout Wednesday and a body weight CrossFit workout this afternoon got the final 2 miles in.

Government is like a baby: An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other. - Ronald Reagan

For why should my freedom be judged by another man's conscience? - 1 Corinthians 10:29
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Riding the Eschelon bike daily for an hour for cardio then outside for temperature conditioning (aka freezing my a** off). Been so cold here that my Beagle can only be out on the snow for short periods. With weather into the teens, we’ll be back out on the snowshoes.

@mtwarden - I saw your pic before I read your post. Spooky when you start to see those slides. Glad you haven’t caused any or been involved.

Good to have a thread like this - get some fellas!

Last edited by PintsofCraft; 01/22/22.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I broke through the 100 mile mark yesterday, only 1916 miles to go laugh

Last edited by mtwarden; 01/23/22.
Page 2 of 16 1 2 3 4 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
700 members (10gaugemag, 257Bob, 257 roberts, 222Sako, 222ND, 16penny, 74 invisible), 2,743 guests, and 1,344 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,627
Posts18,398,735
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.