Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 30 of 45 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 44 45
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The existence of Hell and a God of Love is a contradiction....

BP-B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
LOL, peeked huh?
You are a clueless clown.
I guess I'll have to be happy in Hell with Billy Graham.
LMAO laugh cry laugh cry laugh

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by DBT

God's love is conditional and he will abuse those who don't follow his rules, or so the story goes

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by DBT

I have always thought so as well. On the one hand Christians tell me that the love of God is pure and on a level we mere mortals can't begin to comprehend. But then on the other hand his one and only punishment for any deviation from the path is to fling you into a pit of fire for all eternity. A fate that I would not inflict apon my worse enemy. Which would make me more compassionate than God. That probably shouldn't be possible.

It also seems a little weird that all people get the same punishment. Some guy born in India who grows up a Hindu but never harms anyone his whole life gets......Pit of fire forever. Hitler who directly gassed 6 million Jews and started a war that killed 50 million people? Yep, you guessed it. Same punishment as the completely peaceful Hindu guy. Seems fair. LOL!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Willto
Originally Posted by DBT
It also seems a little weird that all people get the same punishment.
Where do you get that?

Politics is War by Other Means
IC B2

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT

God's love is conditional and he will abuse those who don't follow his rules, or so the story goes

Yes, so much for tolerance and understanding.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
What do you think being in Heaven involves? Getting 72 virgins?

Politics is War by Other Means
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper

NV rafer,
Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can you escape the damnation of hell?

You sure like threatening people who disagree with you.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Ole Crappy Hamster doing the my way or the highway God and Jesus puppeteering routine on rubes. Ones who pay credance to the garbage that spills outta the religous sockpuppet persona he runs.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

News flash Happy Copeland....
Your little ploy to put Christains in a bad light on here aint working.

Only one we are after is your dumb azz since you showed up here spewing bullschit lies and running this religious zealot sockpuppet troll persona...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The theology of many evangelicals is that Jesus is comin’ back, people are gonna be judged, and sent to hell if they’re not ‘Christians’. And it seems there’s a lotta ‘Christians’ that are really excited about that…especially about the goin’ to hell part for those who aren’t ‘Christians’. Seems they can’t wait…!

Jesus spoke of hell in maybe two or three percent of His messages, and He spoke of Heaven in maybe nine or ten percent of His messages. But in the overwhelming majority of His messages…maybe eighty-seven to eighty-nine percent of the time…He was teaching about relationship with God, relationships with other people (all of them loved by God), and goin’ through this life in ways that are good for us and good for others.

Once long ago, there were a handful of disenfranchised Jews who were crushed between the Roman Empire and the Jewish Temple. And against overwhelming odds, they maintained their faith in a resurrected Jesus and changed the world.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

NV rafer,

I'm not threatening anyone.
Neither has answered this question, yet spew their venom like the vipers that Jesus directed this.
I'm quoting a question that Jesus posed. We should all answer it sooner than later.

He also told a devout Jew just as he does us today,
"He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God."

You would say that Jesus is threatening you as if He has no business telling you the truth. What He is doing is warning you and instructing you how to avoid condemnation.

Last edited by Happy_Camper; 01/13/22.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by antlers
The theology of many evangelicals is that Jesus is comin’ back, people are gonna be judged, and sent to hell if they’re not ‘Christians’. And it seems there’s a lotta ‘Christians’ that are really excited about that…especially about the goin’ to hell part for those who aren’t ‘Christians’. Seems they can’t wait…!

Jesus spoke of hell in maybe two or three percent of His messages, and He spoke of Heaven in maybe nine or ten percent of His messages. But in the overwhelming majority of His messages…maybe eighty-seven to eighty-nine percent of the time…He was teaching about relationship with God, relationships with other people (all of them loved by God), and goin’ through this life in ways that are good for us and good for others.

Once long ago, there were a handful of disenfranchised Jews who were crushed between the Roman Empire and the Jewish Temple. And against overwhelming odds, they maintained their faith in a resurrected Jesus and changed the world.

So you don't think Jesus warned about hell?

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A

NV rafer,

Neither has answered this question, yet spew their venom like the vipers that Jesus directed this.
I'm quoting a question that Jesus posed. We should all answer it sooner than later.

"He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God."

You would say that Jesus is threatening you as if He has no business telling you the truth. What He is doing is warning you and instructing you how to avoid condemnation.

Of course it's a threat.
Saying "My dad's says going to beat you up" is a threat, no different than your threat hiding behind "Jesus says you're going to hell"....

You have no real argument, and no real honor, that's why you resort to threats.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A

Do you have a reading comprehension problem, did you choose to ignore what Antlers actually wrote, or are you just an asshat?

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

I'm told, “A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject;”

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A

I'm told, “A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject;”

And I'm told you're a dishonest prick.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J

Do you have a reading comprehension problem, did you choose to ignore what Antlers actually wrote, or are you just an asshat?

Yes.

I am MAGA.
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
What do you think being in Heaven involves? Getting 72 virgins?

I said nothing about conditions in Heaven. The point was about what puts you in Hell, in relation to a God of Love.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

And I'm told you're a dishonest prick.

+1

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

NV rafer,

If you believe in Jesus why don't you act like it. Judge not that ye be judged. For with the judgement ye judge, ye shall be judged. And go back through all those lying posts and quit your lying. People out there are looking at you and thinking they want nothing to do with the Jesus you represent. Quit lying and quit judging. Straighten up your own act.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Page 30 of 45 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 44 45

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
679 members (10ring1, 10gaugemag, 12308300, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 72 invisible), 2,801 guests, and 1,299 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,634
Posts18,398,904
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.