Print Thread
Hop To
Page 32 of 45 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 44 45
DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by wabigoon
God made us all free agents, take "It", or leave it.

Not according to the bible;

"And the LORD said unto him, Who hath made man's mouth? Or who maketh the dumb, or deaf, or the seeing, or the blind? Have not I the Lord?" Exodus 4:11

"The LORD hath made all things for himself: yea, even the wicked for the day of evil.'' Proverbs 16:4

''For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you. And the brother shall deliver up the brother to death, and the father the child: and the children shall rise up against their parents, and cause them to be put to death.'' - Matthew 10:20 - 21

'''Shall a trumpet be blown in the city, and the people not be afraid? shall there be evil in a city, and the LORD hath not done it?" (Amos 3:6, KJV)

BP-B2

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by DBT
The existence of Hell and a God of Love is a contradiction....
God's love is conditional and he will abuse those who don't follow his rules, or so the story goes
Yes, so much for tolerance and understanding.
What do you think being in Heaven involves? Getting 72 virgins?
I said nothing about conditions in Heaven. The point was about what puts you in Hell, in relation to a God of Love.
Does spending eternity praising and glorifying God seem like something you'd like to do? How does an eternal praise & worship service sound to you?

That still doesn't answer the question.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
He11 knows?

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Nope. Not in the slightest. An eternity kissing ass in Heaven, or burning in burning in Hell.
Screw that. The Vikings heaven sounds much better.
So you're in the "72 virgins"-type camp.
DBT?
72 White Raisins is Muslim, not Viking.
Philosophically, that is a distinction without a difference. Both are appeals to the temporal interests of Man.
They are not appeals to perfection. God is perfection, the goal of our highest attainment. Last time I checked, getting hammered on Saturday night and screwing whores wasn't one of our higher attainments. An attainment, surely, but not one aimed at perfection. In this sense, the Vikings make more sense than the Moslems. The Vikings didn't claim there to be any perfection in a god, just powerful but flawed individuals.

The god of the Bible is far from perfect. To quote Dawkins:

"The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all of fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully."

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
The bad parts are typically ignored or brushed aside....yet they are there.

IC B2

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Nope. Not in the slightest. An eternity kissing ass in Heaven, or burning in burning in Hell.
DBT?
Philosophically, that is a distinction without a difference. Both are appeals to the temporal interests of Man.
They are not appeals to perfection. God is perfection, the goal of our highest attainment. Last time I checked, getting hammered on Saturday night and screwing whores wasn't one of our higher attainments. An attainment, surely, but not one aimed at perfection. In this sense, the Vikings make more sense than the Moslems. The Vikings didn't claim there to be any perfection in a god, just powerful but flawed individuals.

"The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all of fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully."

Thats just like your opinion man.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
For over 1200 years, ‘Christians’ used Old Covenant values and practices to justify mistreating other people. It’d be impossible to launch an organized massacre of Jews and Muslims, or to start an Inquisition, by leveraging Jesus’ Sermon on the Mount. But there’s plenty to work with by reaching back into the Old Testament.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
DBT?

Yeah when ever I bring up the Old Testament the local evangelicals hit me with the, "Oh we don't live by the Old Testament anymore". As if that explains away or excuses why much of the truly heinous crap in the Old Testament was "EVER" okay. Why would a just and loving God have ever been okay with slavery; selling your own daughter; genocide; slaughtering innocent women and children; etc; etc; the list goes on and on.

Yeah God loves you allright but be careful were you pitch your tent. If it happens to be somewhere he has given to his choosen people you might wake up with a God sanctioned sword in your ass. And your wife and kids won't fare any better either. But God loves you. Remember that as you bleed to death.

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by antlers
For over 1200 years, ‘Christians’ used Old Covenant values and practices to justify mistreating other people. It’d be impossible to launch an organized massacre of Jews and Muslims, or to start an Inquisition, by leveraging Jesus’ Sermon on the Mount. But there’s plenty to work with by reaching back into the Old Testament.

Are the moral values of God supposed to be eternal or relative?

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E

No, there isn’t.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
With the establishment of Jesus’ New Covenant, His followers aren’t required to sacrifice animals to be on speaking terms with God, and Leviticus is full of things that Jesus’ followers aren’t required to do. But many today choose to selectively blend aspects of the old covenant with the new. This blending began when church leaders decided to claim the Hebrew Scriptures as their own. And then church leaders in the fourth century validated the creation of an oppressive form of the church by leveraging Old Testament concepts after Constantine legalized Christian worship.

And that’s when ‘Christians’ started persecuting pagans like pagans had previously done to Christians. The church even had remission of sin and get outta hell proclamations by the eleventh century, for those who would join a Holy War and commit genocide against Jews and Muslims. Four hundred years later, ‘Christians’ were at war with each other; villages were razed to the ground over and over after weaponizing Christianity in the name of God. Completely unchristian attitudes and behavior prevailed wherever Old Testament concepts were leveraged.

Since the fourth century, ‘Christians’ have justified mistreating others by leveraging Old Testament values and practices. The earliest church leaders…Peter and James (Jesus’ brother) and Paul…eventually moved past the old covenant. They realized that Jesus…even though He was foreshadowed in the Old Testament…did not come to extend the old covenant; He came to fulfill it, complete it, and inaugurate something entirely new.

The Old Testament is right up there at the top of the list when it comes to stumbling blocks to faith. For those who struggle to believe, the Old Testament is often to blame. I don’t need to reach back beyond the cross to take from a temporary and inferior covenant compared to the one established by Jesus. The author of Hebrews says Jesus was the guarantor of a better covenant, and that His covenant was built on better promises. And, I wasn’t included in the old covenant to begin with…!

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Consider the thief on the cross.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

You like to talk about early Christians, so let's not forget Marcion, who could not reconcile the Jesus with the God of Old Testament and concluded they must be different gods.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

Believers,

Keep in mind that " the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned."

I can't waste all day answering the questions of the atheists with reasoning and the scriptures that would answer the so called atheists arguments against the existence of God." The mean God of the O.T. vs the Jesus of the New" fallacy has been dealt with before. There's no convincing those who don't want to know the truth. Perhaps they will be humbled by hardship some day and humbly look outside of that person they trust.
God is available to the humble, yet resists the proud.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper

Believers,

Keep in mind that " the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned."

I can't waste all day answering the questions of the atheists with reasoning and the scriptures that would answer the so called atheists arguments against the existence of God." The mean God of the O.T. vs the Jesus of the New" fallacy has been dealt with before. There's no convincing those who don't want to know the truth. Perhaps they will be humbled by hardship some day and humbly look outside of that person they trust.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]forever in my heart poem

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
So rene' is not a backslidden catholic, but an atheist now.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

Believers,

So explaining God to those that don't understand is a waste of time.........Got it.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by renegade50

Believers,

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Looks about as coherent as Tom Cruise.

I am MAGA.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by renegade50

Believers,

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Looks about as coherent as Tom Cruise.

Dude uses a capo, that's cheating.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Hastings

I'm told, “A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject;”

Huh?

You rejected OVER half the New Testament.
I am to reject you. I moved on looong ago. You keep coming back like an bitter old woman whose been scorned.

No sir H/C: I'm trying to lead you to salvation. It is no wonder you are confused. You have bet all your chips on Paul who not only contradicted Jesus, he contradicts himself. If you removed Paul from the mix the Catholic Church and her lineal descendants would have no differences. All doctrinal arguments between the sects comprising Christianity are rooted in Paul. Jesus and his real disciples messages are congruent except for the obvious 4th century forgery additions of 2nd Peter. James and Revelation directly refute Paul. I am praying that you will read and compare and come to the salvation that Jesus offered. You are obviously an earnest and troubled man but I believe study with an open mind will reveal Jesus to you.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Page 32 of 45 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 44 45

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
803 members (10gaugeman, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 01Foreman400, 12308300, 79 invisible), 3,108 guests, and 1,279 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,714
Posts18,400,344
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.