-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Blischak (Epps' attorney) is a former FBI agent who worked in Cleveland and then Arizona from 1974–85.

Asked whether Epps is an asset for any government agency—law enforcement, intelligence, or otherwise—Blischak said, “Not to my knowledge.”

The Democratic-led House committee investigating the Jan. 6, 2021, breach of the U.S. Capitol released a statement following the hearing, claiming to have interviewed Epps and that he’s not a “fed”—but this prompted further questions and criticism.

Is this what's called "connecting the dots"?

OK. So now what?

BY KEN SILVA January 12, 2022

The attorney for Capitol Hill protest participant Ray Epps, former FBI agent John Blischak, told The Epoch Times on Jan. 12 that his client has been interviewed by federal law enforcers and “unequivocally, he is not an FBI informant.”

Speculation about Epps has gradually built for months, coming to a head when top federal law enforcement officials refused to answer questions about his alleged connections to law enforcement during a Jan. 11 Senate hearing on domestic terrorism. The Democratic-led House committee investigating the Jan. 6, 2021, breach of the U.S. Capitol released a statement following the hearing, claiming to have interviewed Epps and that he’s not a “fed”—but this prompted further questions and criticism.

While The Epoch Times was initially unable to reach Epps for comment, he responded to a text message later on the night of Jan. 11.

“Please refer any questions to our attorney John Blischak,” Epps wrote. “He will be happy to answer your questions, as I’ve been advised not to talk to anyone at this time.”

When reached by phone the next morning, Blischak vigorously denied that Epps is a federal informant.

“He was interviewed by the FBI in Arizona,” he said. “I was present during that interview, and unequivocally, he is not an FBI informant.”

Asked whether Epps is an asset for any government agency—law enforcement, intelligence, or otherwise—Blischak said, “Not to my knowledge.”

Then why didn’t Department of Justice officials deny any connections to Epps?

“Knowing the FBI as I do, they’re not going to comment one way or another,” Blischak said.

Blischak also denied any deals or agreements between Epps and the FBI. He said he’s representing Epps “in the event that he becomes a potential defendant in any action brought as to what happened on Jan. 6, 2021.”

“We’ve been working with the House Committee,” Blischak. “That’s what we’ve been doing.”

The Epoch Times asked whether Epps was under oath during his interview with the Jan. 6 Committee or with the FBI. Blischak didn’t directly answer the question, instead explaining that when FBI agents interview individuals, they typically aren’t under oath.

When asked for a copy of the transcript between Epps and the committee, Blischak said copies will be provided to attorneys of Jan. 6 defendants.

“I can, but I don’t have it. I probably can down the road, but I haven’t made any effort,” he said when The Epoch Times requested a copy. “I first want to get with my client.”

When asked to characterize Epps’s actions on Jan. 5 and 6, Blischak said, “Merely present.”

Video footage shows Epps urging protestors to enter the Capitol on multiple occasions, as well as talking to someone at the initial breach site right before that person began rushing the barricades—raising questions among some about whether Epps told the person to attack.

As to why his client hasn’t been charged, Blischak said, “Because he’s not guilty! He has a good attorney.”

Blischak is a former FBI agent who worked in Cleveland and then Arizona from 1974–85.

His bio says: “In 1975, John W. Blischak embarked on a rewarding nine-year career as an FBI agent with the U.S. Department of Justice, commencing in Cleveland and thereafter transferring to Phoenix. Wanting to seek independence and a challenge, Mr. Blischak, voluntarily left the FBI and commenced a three-year stint as a prosecutor in the Maricopa County [Arizona] Attorney’s Office.”

Since then, Blischak has been handling a variety of criminal matters, from DUI cases to white-collar crime, according to his site.

Blischak downplayed the significance of his past with the FBI.

“There’s no correlation. It’s public record. I can’t lie that I was an FBI agent from ’75-’84, but I do not know that when he retained me, that he knew that,” he said. “In other words, he didn’t retain me because I’m a former FBI agent.”

Richard Booth, an independent researcher of the Oklahoma City bombing, told The Epoch Times that it’s common for FBI agents to transition into private practice for financial reasons. He cited former FBI Deputy Director Weldon Kennedy, who wrote in his memoirs about how many agents struggled to make ends meet when transferred to expensive places such as New York City.

“Many in FBI are lawyers and they’re notoriously underpaid, so not surprised to see one practicing law,” Booth said. “On the other hand, it sure looks suspicious.”

Meanwhile, Blischak said he hasn’t issued a demand for a retraction or had any other communications with Revolver News, the site that published the original deep dives into Epps.

“We’ve had discussions. … I personally haven’t been involved in that aspect,” he said.

“They [Revolver] are throwing him against the wall. I know that, and right now I have a meeting [with Epps today]. He’s going to be in my office in about four hours, and I’ll know our future plans after that meeting.”

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
GB1

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Adam Kinzinger Blows up the Jan. 6 Game Against the GOP With His Ray Epps Defense

https://redstate.com/nick-arama/202...he-gop-with-his-ray-epps-defense-n505226

@jameslavish

If you work 40 hrs/wk: at 5% inflation and after 5 years, you need a 28% pay raise or to work 44 more hours (*one full extra week* per month+) to make up the difference.

This is inflation
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Semantics.

Ask the right questions. Easy to claim he's not an FBI "informant" when he's an undercover operative.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
That stinks. They’ve persecuted and tortured people for just being there on the grounds. He was inciting a riot and gets off?
Don’t piss on my back and tell me it’s raining.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by rainshot
That stinks. They’ve persecuted and tortured people for just being there on the grounds. He was inciting a riot and gets off?

No kidding. Epps is more guilty of actual criminal behavior than many who are locked up.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B2

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Follow the money? Wonder who is paying for Epps’ attorney fees or how this Blichak is being compensated.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by rainshot

No kidding. Epps is more guilty of actual criminal behavior than many who are locked up.

you got that right

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The First Rule of Flight Club...

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
E
ERK Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
E
He’s not anyway connected with the FBI but his attorney happens to be a former FBI Agent. Oh hell ya I believe all of them. Edk

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Shouldn't Epps be on the same "list" as Lon Horiuchi and Michael Byrd?

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
IC B3

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Epps is a Fed for sure.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
I am not even following the specifics of this individual case, however I will relay this bit of personal experience. I spent multiple decades carrying a gun for a living in various capacities. No shortage of that time was spent working with and around attorneys. Prosecutors, defense attorneys, judges, and politicians (who more often than not have legal backgrounds) on the local, state, federal and international level.

When an attorney uses the phrase: "not to my knowledge" they more likely than not are intentionally misrepresenting the truth. Most people would call it lying. They will say that "at that time" they don't know if he is "an informant", taking money from a political party, doing narcotics, etc. meaning present tense, at that very moment. Knowing full well that the person has in that past done so repeatedly done any of those things.

It is the slime bag words games that lawyers play. Prosecutors, defense attorneys, all of them. They will act as the pious champions of the little people, do gooders, etc, but it is all total BS. The prevailing attitude for those not familiar is that the actual people involved (clients) are really tertiary. The real game is between the narcissistic lawyers themselves who consider plaintiffs and defendants purely pawns to be used to further their own agendas. I have had prosecutors without my knowledge or consent modify my reports eliminating sentences and paragraphs that greatly changed what a person reading the report would be led to believe (Like a judge and defense attorney during plea agreements, when they were trying to clear cases off a court calendar). It was until after the fact that I found this out.

Bottom line. Don't ever trust one.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Of course we must believe an ex FBI attorney!

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
NOT TO MY KNOWLEDGE?

how much more of a compelling argument do you need?

guess the " We'll believe anything if its convenient to do so" DemocRat crowd will take that as conclusive evidence.

myself, I'm more of the old " if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck.. its probably a damn duck" crowd....

A democRat will hand you and Elk Turd and try to convince you its their new Large Raisonette candy.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
as I have opined many times, the biggest casualty of all this crap is the death of the public's trust in it's own government.

Sam......

J
J23 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by Epp' Attorney
"Not to my knowledge.”

That's referred to as, a 'Lawyer's dodge".

"Ignorance is acceptable, because you can remedy it with knowledge and research. Stupidity is when you guard your ignorance."
Ted Nugent

"Idolizing a politician is like believing the stripper really likes you."
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
I am not even following the specifics of this individual case, however I will relay this bit of personal experience. I spent multiple decades carrying a gun for a living in various capacities. No shortage of that time was spent working with and around attorneys. Prosecutors, defense attorneys, judges, and politicians (who more often than not have legal backgrounds) on the local, state, federal and international level.

When an attorney uses the phrase: "not to my knowledge" they more likely than not are intentionally misrepresenting the truth. Most people would call it lying. They will say that "at that time" they don't know if he is "an informant", taking money from a political party, doing narcotics, etc. meaning present tense, at that very moment. Knowing full well that the person has in that past done so repeatedly done any of those things.

It is the slime bag words games that lawyers play. Prosecutors, defense attorneys, all of them. They will act as the pious champions of the little people, do gooders, etc, but it is all total BS. The prevailing attitude for those not familiar is that the actual people involved (clients) are really tertiary. The real game is between the narcissistic lawyers themselves who consider plaintiffs and defendants purely pawns to be used to further their own agendas. I have had prosecutors without my knowledge or consent modify my reports eliminating sentences and paragraphs that greatly changed what a person reading the report would be led to believe (Like a judge and defense attorney during plea agreements, when they were trying to clear cases off a court calendar). It was until after the fact that I found this out.

My thoughts too.

“ he is not an FBI informant”

is not now?
Was not before?
is not off the payroll now?
is not some other insider?
is not a plant?

There is a pattern to the wording.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Used to tell my DA that I hated all attorneys except him and when he was no longer DA I would hate him too...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Gold star posting....

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by broomd

Gold star posting....

^^^^

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

594 members (12344mag, 1234, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 16penny, 52 invisible), 2,332 guests, and 1,192 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,616
Posts18,454,956
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.