Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
N
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
N
I have a New Haven classic stainless 325WSM in a McMillan "Bridges", stock the rifle is fairly light weight.

I purchased it as a donor for 7mm WSM but recently acquired a Kimber Montana in that caliber so this one needs to go.

What would you ask for the barrelled action with bottom metal only, and what would be a good price if I included the stock which are going today for around $900?

“Factio democratica delenda est"
GB1

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Ol buddy, you should know prices better than most here. With that being said, your barreled action is not very desirable because the barrel has 325WSM stamped on it. I've seen complete rifles like yours in the $500.00-$600 range and have passed. I more recently saw a used BACO EW for sale at a local Cablela's for $600.00. I damn near bought that one, but passed... Now, you know classics and yours is a 7 digit which also makes it less desirable. Is the chamber good and not oval? How does the rifle shoot. I sometimes get the impression that you buy a lot, but don't shoot much. Right or wrong? You always have damn nice rifles though. Your stock is a popular one. Short action, but with a sporter weight barrel channel. That may be a detriment?. Selling a used Micky is likely going to hurt buddy.. Guys don't/aren't going to pay retail on a used stock, regardless of how cherry it is. Your stock, I'd say $500 tops... That makes the complete rifle $1,100.00 approx.. Maybe 79s or someone else with more knowledge on the matter will chime in.. You know me, I always buy real low, but in this case I'm actually trying to be fair and think of it as if I were selling... Good luck with it buddy. Who know's maybe someone will offer you $1500.00 for such a rifle????

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
N
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
N
Thanks BSA, haven't shot this donor. My only interest in the rifle was as the basis for a 7mm WSM.

Realize the .325 is probably the lease desired of the WSM cartridges, but with the prices lately for stainless classics being all over the place, 🤷‍♂️

“Factio democratica delenda est"
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by nyrifleman
Thanks BSA, haven't shot this donor. My only interest in the rifle was as the basis for a 7mm WSM.

Realize the .325 is probably the lease desired of the WSM cartridges, but with the prices lately for stainless classics being all over the place, 🤷‍♂️

I hear you. You've been looking for a good 7WSM for a while. Glad to hear you found a Montana. That should be a good one..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

332 members (160user, 1lesfox, 06hunter59, 10ring1, 16penny, 12344mag, 29 invisible), 1,716 guests, and 952 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,178
Posts18,465,550
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.