Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by kenjs1
I am so very mindful of others time and thankful for anything remotely appearing as a favor that I have zero patience for people who insist or will not take a hint and have to be forced into some blunt reply.

This ^

GB1

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Very few statements set me off like “don’t you know who I am”. 😡😡😡

U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
Originally Posted by 19352012
Originally Posted by UNCCGrad
I’d never even consider to ask to shoot through someone’s chrono if I didn’t know them well. Kinda like borrowing a man’s chainsaw or his wife

I decided if a guy asks to borrow my chainsaw, he has to take my wife too. All or nothing.

Fair practice

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Papag
So WTF does he think his "board" membership entitle him to in respect to someone else's property? I'm A board member, and former chairman, in my sportsmens club and have never felt entitled to anything but input and bitching from the membership. You did good.

Man, that’s the truth. I was a board member at a very large trap club. It entitled me to be the whipping boy for every self absorbed pr#*k with a shotgun. It entitled me to put on coveralls instead of a shooting vest at every event. To climb on a roof in 105 degree heat to change out a greasy kitchen exhaust fan during a state shoot and to clean up the sewage left behind when a cheapskate decided to dump his camper holding tank rather than pay at an rv dump.

The whining and complaining was unending from the members and visiting shooters. It ruined me for ever wanting to shoot registered targets again.

Board member or not, there’s plenty of self absorbed, entitled pr#*ks with firearms. A lot of them just don’t get the concept of respecting others and their time and equipment. I will say that since our club went members only and raised the annual membership fees, the incidents of range stupidity have gone down noticeably.

Chronographs, bore scopes and pattern boards have broke a lot of hearts.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I’d never even consider to ask to shoot through someone’s chrono if I didn’t know them well. Kinda like borrowing a man’s chainsaw or his wife

+1

The guy sounds like a real jerk. He would probably have shot your chronograph and then blamed you for setting up wrong or saying it was junk anyway.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 19352012

I decided if a guy asks to borrow my chainsaw, he has to take my wife too. All or nothing.

And that boat you can't get to quit leaking?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by ackleydave

Lol..."yeah you're the guy who is about to get the schit smacked out of him if he doesn't shut up. That about right?"

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Public shooting range = Circus ..

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ackleydave

A similar situation gave rise to the use of the pejorative "Karen" if I'm not mistaken.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Any pitchers of the wife mentioned? LOL

LOL
IC B3

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
I see these "adventure at the range" threads and feel pretty fortunate. I belong to a club with great facilities. We have rifle ranges out to 800 yards with target stands and steel, a 50 yard range with 3 sides of berms, set up primarily for bullseye pistol but can be used for anything anyone wants, and we have a dozen 25 yard pistol ranges with berms around three sides, many set up with plate racks etc. All ranges have covered shooting positions, concrete benches on the rifle ranges. Property is completely security fenced with 24 hr card access for members. All shooting areas have 24 hour video surveillance. Yeah, a lot of work for the membership and a certain amount of expense, but we've always got a good place to shoot and just don't have the kind of clown show so frequently related here.

Mathew 22: 37-39

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It amazes me at how people will feel entitled to, and demand, something
I would be hesitant to ask of a friend.

Thing is, it works for them.
Most folks were taught good manners and give in.

My wife gives me heck for being rude.
But I think of it as being direct, and often tell her
I only need to be polite when I'm being treated well.
I do not have to be nice, when others don't play nice.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Any pitchers of the wife mentioned? LOL

Pay for only fans, cheapskate

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
range management people can be some real officious ass-holes. one reason why i do not belong to a range.

My diploma is a DD214
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
I never ask to shoot other peoples stuff.
However, will let any cool person shoot mine.

Some people at the range I completely ignore, because theyre showing what azzholes they are.

I normally pick a bench where ill be left alone.

Some prick will pick the one beside, when theres 5 others....and proceed to run an auto and shower me w brass.

Had that happen when i took a rifle I just refinished the stock on.

Put it in the case and waited for the tacticool fuggup to burn his mags. Dude shot like total chit too.
Not surprised

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Last visit i tested a 9mm, had a 100 pack. Shot two mags.
Let some young guys shoot a couple mags through it too, gave him the rest of the ammo.

Had my FAL out, hed never shot one, gave him a mag and said go for it.

Made his day.

He never asked, just inquired about my gear...so I offered.
IMHO thats the way it should be done.

Years ago a guy was insistent I try his BR rifle. So I did, and outshot him with it, really steamed him.
Last time I shot somebody elses rifle LOL

Last edited by hookeye; 01/14/22.
W
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
W
This is a private club with card access so the goofiness seen at public ranges was usually a little less frequent, especially on weekdays. That said, I had someone decide to shoot at targets on one side of the range while I was down range putting up my own targets. I had the red light on and I was obviously down range. The jokers had put up targets earlier, found their guns off, and then sighted in at the pistol range before moving back. They just resumed where they left off earlier. They felt I was far enough to the side to be safe! Needless to say, I had a few choice words for them and their membership was cancelled in a few hours.

I refused to shoot on weekends and work off membership dues with weekday projects to avoid the masses who could only get out on weekends. The Chinese flu has changed that somewhat as there are more people now capable of going out on weekdays. Membership was increased too with the inclusion of members of a club that was curtailing its availability. It was once rare to see another Tuesday-Thursday mornings but now it is becoming the norm, even in the winter. I can't wait until the snow melts as I can begin using my back yard range again.

Name/title dropping irks me unless I am the one doing it! smile I've been a member of this club for 25 years so I'm fairly well established. I don't do the meetings much as there is typically a lot of discussion of the same topics with little action. One can accomplish more as a member by bringing an idea with a plan and cost to the board. If all the work is done for them, the board tends to approve the measure.

This was the fourth time I tried to chronograph the Carbine loads and I was not going to let anything prevent me this time. I would not have minded if the chrono would have gotten shot as it is pretty dated but not until after I had my data collected. It's been the best $70 I've spent so far.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Private club, my pops was on the board.
Even so I go on odd days/ times to limit my chances of interaction w the membership.

Scares the fugg outta me, how these fools have jobs ( some professional ), have spouses, breed.....and vote.

Friggin world is full of morons.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Since the stranger who shoots over your chrony is also the azzhole that puts a bullet in it and the MFer who walks away with barely a "sorry". Phluck everybody, nobody shoots over my chrony.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck

My wife gives me heck for being rude.
But I think of it as being direct, and often tell her

A lot of people mistake directness for rudeness. There’s no shame or disrespect in being direct. Rudeness is a different matter. Strangers who ask to shoot over your chronograph or shoot your steel targets are rude. Politely telling them no and why is being direct. It’s not rude to tell someone no.

Chronographs, bore scopes and pattern boards have broke a lot of hearts.
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

594 members (1eyedmule, 10gaugeman, 222Sako, 1minute, 12344mag, 1_deuce, 66 invisible), 2,892 guests, and 1,266 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,706
Posts18,456,843
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.